• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Treehouse Live @ E3 2016 Thread [*LIVE*]

What are you most excited for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
one thing i believe is that if Zelda does not have any crazy uses fr the gamepad besides a map and inventory management or gyro bow aiming type stuff, then i am fairly certain there will not be a touchscreen on the NX controller.

they wont have stuff like that in one version and not in the other.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
tumblr_lbw6vhj26a1qa1id2o1_500.gif

People are forgetting how to read now apparently

It's yet another example of poorly worded messaging from Nintendo:

"The livestream will be broadcast over two days, the first will focusing on the new Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon titles, followed by a big look at the Legend of Zelda."

This can easily be interpreted as Pokemon today, Zelda tomorrow.

maxcriden

Thanks for making the OP! Where does the quote about Pokémon being shown first come from? We were trying to determine if that's truly the case here:

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=206976699

t1465920000z4.png

Starts off with pokemon.

Bizarrely, I don't think we can say that with certainty. See below. 😜

You're right

All that's been said:
Tune in starting at 9 a.m. PT to see the Pokémon™ Sun and Pokémon Moon games in action, followed by the world’s first in-depth look at the new Legend of Zelda™ game. The day will continue with livestreamed gameplay and behind-the-scenes info from the game experts of Nintendo Treehouse—live and unscripted from the show floor.

Then be sure to come back for a second day of livestreaming, starting at 10 a.m. PT on June 15. The day will start with a special Pokémon GO developer Q&A session. Then Nintendo Treehouse: Live will showcase upcoming games such as Monster Hunter Generations, Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE.

They kind of said something different in their most recent press release.

It implied that it'd be Reggie(introducing a Zelda trailer???), then Pokémon, then Zelda gameplay so who knows???

I think this is the PR from last week that you're referring to:

June 14

Nintendo Treehouse: Live – Day 1: Nintendo’s kickoff to the E3 trade show begins at 9 a.m. PT, with an introduction by Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime and the world’s first look at live gameplay of The Legend of Zelda game for the Wii U console. Viewers can also catch the first live gameplay of the Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon games. Watch Nintendo Treehouse: Live via Nintendo’s channels on YouTube and Twitch, as well as on the Nintendo E3 page.

June 15

Nintendo Treehouse: Live – Day 2: Starting at 10 a.m. PT, the Nintendo Treehouse: Live programming will showcase upcoming Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games, including Monster Hunter Generations from Capcom, Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. The day will start with a special Pokémon GO developer Q&A. Watch all of Nintendo’s action from the E3 show floor via Nintendo’s channels on YouTube and Twitch, as well as on the Nintendo E3 page.

Ya - I think defo quite a bit of Pokémon, perhaps a little Zelda tease beforehand, then the full dedicated Zelda trailer & sesh - site says Pokemon first

The reveal will be during the first hour. Then, Treehouse will livestream it for the rest of the day.

So, I think the previous Pokémon and Zelda PR (in SweetDonuts's post) made it sound like Pokémon was first. This newer PR above makes it sound like Zelda first. I guess we will have to say but as GMPoo said above, it sounds like Reggie + Zelda then Pokémon first look then a longer Zelda look. Anyone interpreting the above differently? (I'm kind of combining the two PR statements to reach my conclusion here. Which is admittedly partly speculative. It's sort of murky just what they mean in terms of the order of things.)

(Actually, re-reading the above PR, I honestly don't know what to think. It makes it sound like there not be a dedicated Zelda trailer rather than just live gameplay and at this point that would surprise me. I guess even if we didn't get one during the presentation I would still expect one to be uploaded by Nintendo. We will have to see in just 18 hrs or so...)

TheJoRu

maxcriden

Rösti;207000249 said:
From e3.nintendo.com.
I mean, that's what it says at e3.nintendo.com.

Hmm, thank you. When was this updated? I'm wondering if it's correct since the messaging has been unclear across multiple PR statements.

If Pokémon is shown first, then last week's PR statemenr is all the murkier in retrospect. Regardless, as ElectricBlanketFire said above, even this new statement makes it seem like Zelda might be shown tomorrow instead of today (which is definitely not the case). The messaging has been consistently unclear.

wonder if pokemon will introduce dual type attacks. they teased it with flying press, and both sunsteel stroke and moongeist beam both sound like they could be dual type attacks.

Mr-Joker

Banned

Matbtz

Please Nintendo brings us some surprises ! The date of the NX reveal would be awesome.

edit : not federation force or amiibo festival surprises please...

Wiz

Hyped. Been staying away from all the Zelda rumors and discussion, so I want to be truly surprised!!

ChrisD

By all accounts it is a great game, people just have this weird complex about it.

I have the SE pre-ordered and I've still got that complex. :c

Really just running with the super positive word-of-mouth by players who imported. None of the trailers are selling me the game.

Any idea why Nintendo would decide to not show the new Paper Mario game at all? It was supposed to launch this year, right?

Guess they have nothing new to show on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom