• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo under shipment woes strikes again with Bayo 2.

Balb

I really can't understand why people defend preorder culture simply because Nintendo. After being burnt by everything I have preordered over the past 5 years, why would I make an exception for Nintendo? That list of games I preordered and got burnt on happens to include none other than Other M.

But god forbid someone waits for impressions of a game before going to get it. That said, it's not like this is a repeat of Xenoblade US release debacle all over again - eShop, my friends, use it.

Impressions have been out for weeks. As for Xenoblade, copies sat on store shelves for 6 months or more. It was only after the game became unavailable that it became desirable.

Einbroch

Banned
I really can't understand why people defend preorder culture simply because Nintendo. After being burnt by everything I have preordered over the past 5 years, why would I make an exception for Nintendo? That list of games I preordered and got burnt on happens to include none other than Other M.

But god forbid someone waits for impressions of a game before going to get it. That said, it's not like this is a repeat of Xenoblade US release debacle all over again - eShop, my friends, use it.

There's nothing wrong with preordering if you were going to buy it day one anyway. No place (at least, no major place) forces you to pay for it up-front and in full. You can have it preordered, then if you decide to cancel, you can, and lose no money.

VariantX

But god forbid someone waits for impressions of a game before going to get it. That said, it's not like this is a repeat of Xenoblade all over again - eShop, my friends, use it.

In this case, pre-orders are working like they should and how they used to work, to make sure you get a copy of a title you're interested in it enough to buy it. And im not even talking about day one purchases here. The pre-order bullshit started when there's more than enough copies of something to go around, but publishers incentivize pre-orders through having exclusive content solely for those who pre-order.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
As for Xenoblade, copies sat on store shelves for 6 months or more. It was only after the game became unavailable and expensive when it became desirable.

Yeah, Xeno was a rare (sad) case of no one knowing about it, and how it became too late when they did :/ It's not something that happens often at all. In fact, I really can't think of a similar case that happened, with a game not getting popular until it was too late.

Frodo

I bought two copies.

Sorry bro.

*High five!*

Seriously, OP. Buy it digital. Nintendo account system is just as reliable as the other two, the only difference being that, if you ever need, you will probably have to talk to someone at Nintendo, instead of doing it by yourself.

Anyway, I've seen some copies (Regular and Special Edition) available in different stores in London while I was looking for a Pro Controller. Now THAT is hard to find. Had to buy it online.

But we did get impressions. There was even a demo.

I have a copy but not a WiiU, should I keep it so I can flip it for $100 later?

Don't be that guy.

EDIT: Sweden sold out as well:

hXqoKwE.jpg

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Fuckibg hell. Target out of stock. GameStop out of stock. I can't even search online for it at Kmart because they have a forced autocorrect that keeps redirecting me to camping and outdoors gear for "Bayonet 2"

And retail wonders why theyre fucking dying

I bought the game at a Best Buy but I had to ask one of the employees if they had it. They searched for a while until they brought it out to me. For a minute I thought they weren't going to have it.

Well, you know how long the queue for Wii U disc manufacture is with all those hot new releases.

:(

Fantastic game, if the game isn't as undershipped as it appears and is legitimately selling out even with slightly lower stock than usual that is fantastic news.

Cosmozone

There were tons of the regular Bayo 2 game here in Germany. The special edition however was much rarer. Not understandable since most people here would've only played the shitty PS3 verson of Bayo 1 at best.

G0523

I bought the game at a Best Buy but I had to ask one of the employees if they had it. They searched for a while until they brought it out to me. For a minute I thought they weren't going to have it.
When Smash 3DS released I went to my nearest Best Buy and the same thing happened! There weren't any on the shelves and I had to ask an employee for one. He eventually got it but I wonder why they do that. Maybe it's to prevent theft?

moerser

i still have 2 first print editions, 3 limited (bayo 1+2) and 5 or so standard editions in stock. but unfortunately i live in austria.

Bought from Best Buy this afternoon. They had about 6 copies but they weren't even visible from the shelf as there was another game filed in front of if. Can't remember which game but it was clearly shovelware.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I had mine preordered because I'm too lazy to go to the store, lol. It'll get here when it gets here. In the meantime I have work, halloween party, and hyrule warriors.

I was out today and in a local mall across an EBGames, Walmart, Toys R Us, and The Source, only The Source seemingly had none in stock, but they didn't really check.

EB had multiple copies, TRU had 2, and Walmart had like 5 or 6.

I bought mine yesterday in a store called Iceman Video Games where I managed to trade in games I bought for $30 total and got $65 worth and got the game for $60 of it flat with the remaining $5 to spare, aka, I basically got the game for $25 or so. :) Said store had 2 in stock with me taking home one of them.

Cool, all 3 of my local best buys still have stock. Hopefully they still have some tomorrow when I go for the cheap gamers' club unlocked thing.

If you guys are checking best buy you might wanna call ahead, their website said they have it in stock but when i called they said they sold out yesterday.

rpmurphy

Should've listened to all the people saying since it was announced that the game won't sell on the Wii U, and took that as indication that you should pre-order to guarantee yourself a copy of the limited print.

I pre-ordered from Amazon and my copy won't be here until Monday. Never had them miss a launch day delivery before.
They haven't even shipped mine yet. Preordered months ago. In all fairness, my Prime was expired when I preordered so I wasn't expecting release day delivery but there's something that just seems ridiculous to me about not shipping a preorder when the item has already released.

SalvaPot

I think there is nothing wrong in not preordering games if you don't feel like it, there is also a lot of impulse buyers that might wanted to try the game after they saw all the 10's it received.

If anything I'm expecting Bayo 2 to have long legs (heh) from here until the holidays, since I'm expecting a lot of people getting a Wii U with Smash.

Zubz

Banned
I'm getting the game digital (Just waiting for that Y-Shaped USB cord to power my Hard Drive...), but it's really looking like the game's selling out; I haven't seen it anywhere yet! I'm still fearing it won't do well, but I'm honestly thinking this game's getting the sales and adoration it deserves! I mean, I know of at least one case of it being a System Seller for somebody. Maybe it was for a lot of others as well.

I have actually been pre ordering all my Nintendo first party releases through best buy because they have been shipping very conaervative numbers lately.

The Giant

Banned
Nintendo Australia underships both Wii U and 3DS games. Everytime I get a game on launch day from either EB Games or JBHIFI they always complain that NIntendo always underships their games and they hate that.

No harm in keeping it. Best case scenario, it becomes very valuable and you can flip it. Worst case scenario, it devalues and you're left with a good game and you can just go get a Wii U on sale.

Couleurs

Good luck with that; this will sadly likely wind up in the bargain bin in a few months like every other non-Nintendo Wii U release. Though maybe all of the GOTY talk will help save it; I don't remember if Bayonetta 1 was so praised when it was released.

Pre-ordering is allowing for corporate entities to earn interest and other financial benefits from holding onto consumers money without having to provide those consumers with any kind of good or service for a designated period of time. Unless there is some incentive to pre-order, it is pointless IMO. Market research should indicate what levels a game needs to be ordered at.

I had to go to a second Best Buy to get my copy. Thought about waiting and getting the game a couple weeks from now, but decided to go ahead and get it.

Preordering could have saved you gas and an unnecessary trip to a second store, for no extra cost. How is that not a benefit? Do you like wasting your own time?

Why the hell are there no Best Buys in Minneapolis? The damn company is headquartered here

Ugh Best Buy at the Mall of America has copies, get to make that fun trek today it seems

lol there's a BB every 10ish miles. I can hit three on my way home from work. Bought my preorder from Maple Grove yesterday FWIW.

If you need the Bayonetta bluray the MOA BB is the only one in Minneapolis that has it, and it's a good $10-12 cheaper than any other retailer.

Best buy is pretty good. But yea, I very much dislike Gamestop... Opened new games, shitty NEW stickers that leave gross residue, and awful sealing stickers that make a mess.

I LOVE Best Buy. Only retailer I will go to for a lot of things (better than Amazon for TVs, Computers, Games, etc...).

Top Bottom