• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo wins exclusive deal for Capcom's Monster Hunter 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yoboman said:
It's got nothing to do with the platform. I'm pissed off at them for outright saying that they're only changed platforms to avoid higher development costs. It reeks of a cheap cash-in, and them reusing the same assets as MH2 only reaffirms that. If they'd said they really wanted to take advantage of the Wii and were building this like a real sequel based on Wii capabilities, it'd be different
People sure seem to know a lot about the game. PS2 assetts, sucky MP, tacked-on controls. I seem to have missed a thread about these announcements?

Yoboman said:
I bet you'd reason that Capcom shouldn't be making MH for PSP because DS costs are lower on a higher userbase too?
Big fish in a small pond, it's the same on Wii. Basically it's the first game of this kind to be announced for the plattform, right?

Ynos Yrros said:
What a great joke. I missed the reminder saying that this gen isn't about games being the best they could, t's about them being on the system you like. Instead of a huge seamless level with amazing CGi like graphics (MH team is amazing in that department), amazing AI and physics engines, and more breakable zones, more marks on wyverns, more animations, you're happy with what will most probably be same thing as the PS2 game.

No one should be happy about this news, it's a sad day for all MH fans.
If you'd have followed the conversation you'd know that I'm not interested in the game. But I see you're also one of those people who would love to see the MH series on PC, you know where it would be the best they could do? You know best gfx, better controls than with a pad, etc.

Ynos Yrros said:
It's not just the graphics really. It's the fall animations, the hurt animations, the ai, the attack animations on the wyverns. There will be basically no advancements, and they could really make this game much more fun and satisfying to play thanks to next-gen power.

Great post, will read again... oh wait.
Yeah, of course it's not just the gfx, i just listed the first thing that is usually noticed. The issue still disturbs me - first DQ IX, now this... What the hell's next? Tekken 7 on wii using the balance board? Nintendo is obstructing progress ffs. If KH III is on the wii, i'm done with video games...

A_S said:
Yeah, of course it's not just the gfx, i just listed the first thing that is usually noticed. The issue still disturbs me - first DQ IX, now this... What the hell's next? Tekken 7 on wii using the balance board? Nintendo is obstructing progress ffs. If KH III is on the wii, i'm done with video games...

:lol

StevieP

Banned
A_S said:

:lol I hope you're just frothing hyperbole, for your sake! Dude, the only people "obstructing progress" are the ones that are buying consoles.

A_S said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa, FUCKING WHOA.

It is a free market economy. The PUBLIC has decided what is most/more important to them. This is what they've chosen. Don't blame Nintendo for "obstructing progress" when clearly this is the amount and particular fashion of progress the public has demanded.

Saoh

Monster Hunter, system seller in Japan....

never played it but will buy it just to piss some people off :lol

Nintendo have already won Japan anyway.

The only use of this exclusivity is that Sony will suffer. Though I wouldn't rule out a PS3 version sometime.

A_S said:

Reminds me of a time once ago when nintendo was doomed. Many said that if Nintendo "died" then they would be done with videogames.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
What I find amusing about all this is, before when Wii had no AAA third party games, most fans of other consoles would use this as an easy way to attack the Wii. On top of that, everyone said the reason there aren't any is cause they wouldn't sell.

Now, Wii has the highest selling new 3rd party franchise, and the only reaction coming from people is, "THEY CAN'T HAVE GOOD 3RD PARTY GAMES!!!" "WII SHOULD ONLY GET SIDE STORIESS!!"

I guess it's a redux of the DQ9 incident, but come on people, stop being so transparent. New MH is new MH, and thank god it's going to be online.

Ynos Yrros said:
Great post, will read again... oh wait.

Sorry, I just love all the Chicken Little "The Sky is FALLING!" posts from objectors such as yourself. It's absolutely hilarious at the moaning and bitching every time this happens.

NeonZ

What a great joke. I missed the reminder saying that this gen isn't about games being the best they could, t's about them being on the system you like.

More like, it's about liking that there are games in the system that I actually own.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
BenjaminBirdie said:
Whoa, whoa, whoa, FUCKING WHOA.

It is a free market economy. The PUBLIC has decided what is most/more important to them. This is what they've chosen. Don't blame Nintendo for "obstructing progress" when clearly this is the amount and particular fashion of progress the public has demanded.

Everyone decides for themselves what's important, what's progress. Popular belief or demand doesn't necessarily indicate what is progressive. In many fields, what is popular isn't perceived to be progressive or 'good' - at least by elitist snobs like us :p

A_S said:
You know, posts like this have me wondering. There seems to be a really big, die-hard fanbase for MH games, I wonder why the first one tanked so hard in the west.

Saoh said:
Monster Hunter, system seller in Japan....

never played it but will buy it just to piss some people off :lol
I'm really contemplating that as well.

StevieP

Banned
Smiles and Cries said:
I think Wii and Online still needs to be proven can this game be the one that breaks the mold?

It'll be EA's Medal of Honor Wii 2. 32 player online, apparently (isn't that higher than certain higher-profile HD titles?) and no friend codes.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
AAK said:
:lol Yikes, Sony... the ball is in your court. The only thing that can save you know is FFVIII remake.

...as if square Enix would really put such a thing on the PS3 at this point...

(I assume you meant FFVII as opposed to FFVIII -- but I could be wrong!)

[Nintex]

The 360 is currently my favorite current-gen console, but with all these announcements the Wii is shaping up to be the best videogame system ever.

Gattsu25

Banned
sp0rsk said:
What I find amusing about all this is, before when Wii had no AAA third party games, most fans of other consoles would use this as an easy way to attack the Wii. On top of that, everyone said the reason there aren't any is cause they wouldn't sell.

Now, Wii has the highest selling new 3rd party franchise, and the only reaction coming from people is, "THEY CAN'T HAVE GOOD 3RD PARTY GAMES!!!" "WII SHOULD ONLY GET SIDE STORIESS!!"

I guess it's a redux of the DQ9 incident, but come on people, stop being so transparent. New MH is new MH, and thank god it's going to be online.
My side of it is this: before today, the Wii didn't appeal to me. There were no games that I *needed* on the system.

A game I want will come out for it, so now I must get a Wii.

Phife Dawg said:
You know, posts like this have me wondering. There seems to be a really big, die-hard fanbase for MH games, I wonder why the first one tanked so hard in the west.
I have no idea, though i'm really not a die-hard MH fan either. I just ranted about any big sequels.

DeaconKnowledge said:
Sorry, I just love all the Chicken Little "The Sky is FALLING!" posts from objectors such as yourself. It's absolutely hilarious at the moaning and bitching every time this happens.
I'm pretty sure that it's my first post of that nature, and it's made because of disapointment. The sky isn't falling, but the MH franchise sure isn't rising either.

If you'd have followed the conversation you'd know that I'm not interested in the game. But I see you're also one of those people who would love to see the MH series on PC, you know where it would be the best they could do? You know best gfx, better controls than with a pad, etc.
Have you ever played the game? Seems not. The game is made for pad controls. Playing it on a keyboard would suck.

Gattsu25

Banned
Phife Dawg said:
A surprising number of gamers buy shit (Kingdom Hearts, Enter The Matrix) over great games (Monster Hunter)
Smiles and Cries said:
I know nothing about MH
Have a PSP? Learn up by getting Monster Hunter Freedom 2. Otherwise, just wait for 3 with baited breath

I know nothing about MH

StevieP said:
It'll be EA's Medal of Honor Wii 2. 32 player online, apparently (isn't that higher than certain higher-profile HD titles?) and no friend codes.

WAAAHT no friend codes? AWESOME

not my type of game but I'll buy a copy just to support moves like this got EA

I shouldn't be saying things like this but from what I've read on the series it doesn't look like something that would benefit too much from being on a "real" next-gen console. I mean sure it would look better but it wouldn't necessarily benefit Capcom to go that route.

lupinko

Gattsu25 said:
A surprising number of gamers buy shit (Kingdom Hearts, Enter The Matrix) over great games (Monster Hunter)Have a PSP? Learn up by getting Monster Hunter Freedom 2. Otherwise, just wait for 3 with baited breath

Wow, what?

GrayFoxPL

BenjaminBirdie said:
An analogy even I could never imagined. A doff of my cap to you, good sir. You carry with you my admiration.

After the news my soul is like that mosquito from Jurassic Park -dead still, cold and sealed for eternity. But your words made it twitch a little. I thank thee!

StevieP

Banned
Smiles and Cries said:
WAAAHT no friend codes? AWESOME

not my type of game but I'll buy a copy just to support moves like this got EA

As far as I know, all of EA's online Wii games have their own online system and servers, which do not use friend codes. And the dev team is constantly boasting about how they've got 32-player online working (as well as controls equal to/better than MP3) so I find that quite impressive as well. If a dev wants to use Nintendo's servers for free (for online, which are provided by Nintendo to all third parties I believe) I think they have to use friend codes. If they want to set up their own servers for the game, like EA did, maybe you can do whatever the heck you want? I haven't read the dev docs for Nintendo WiFi so I wouldn't know. Bottom line is that if EA can throw some effort, so can Capcom.

MCD

ParticleReality said:
Holy Shit this is awesome, I need to buy a wii now. Question, is the wii region free or will I need a Japanese system to play this bad boy?

It is not.

rakka

ParticleReality said:
Holy Shit this is awesome, I need to buy a wii now. Question, is the wii region free or will I need a Japanese system to play this bad boy?

not region free, when you buy it at least.

Eteric Rice

Ynos Yrros said:
I'm pretty sure that it's my first post of that nature, and it's made because of disapointment. The sky isn't falling, but the MH franchise sure isn't rising either.

Have you ever played the game? Seems not. The game is made for pad controls. Playing it on a keyboard would suck.

Luckily you can use a gamepad on a PC. I use my PS2 pad on my PC. :D

PepsimanVsJoe said:
I shouldn't be saying things like this but from what I've read on the series it doesn't look like something that would benefit too much from being on a "real" next-gen console. I mean sure it would look better but it wouldn't necessarily benefit Capcom to go that route.

You know I would be pissed at Capcom too if I was a huge fan of MH and they announced a PS3 exclusive thus making me go out and shell out an early $500-600 to later find out nah its going to Wii

I'm sure someone out there is pissed off by this

rakka said:
not region free, when you buy it at least.

Oh well, I'll just pray for a US release. That or Monster Hunter 3: OMEGA for the xbox 360.

Smiles and Cries said:
You know I would be pissed at Capcom too if I was a huge fan of MH and they announced a PS3 exclusive thus making me go out and shell out an early $500-600 to later find out nah its going to Wii

THe only reason I ever thought about getting a PS3 was for MH3. I know it seems stupid but it was the only game that made me buy a PSP.

And another franchise goes down the shitter. Everything that made MH so fun and addictive will by default be completely lost in this version but it's ok, people who've never played or cared for the games will chime in on how perfect this move is and how the "bitter tears" are :lol worthy.*

*disclaimer: I'm probably the biggest MH fan on this board, I already own a Wii and there's no reason at all for me to care about this game.

Gattsu25

Banned
Smiles and Cries said:

I kinda always expected it to come out on Wii, despite looking forward to the PS3 version...Great Sword and Bow on Wii just makes too much sense

StevieP

Banned
MickeyKnox said:
And another franchise goes down the shitter. Everything that made MH so fun and addictive will by default be completely lost in this version but it's ok, people who've never played or cared for the games will chime in on how perfect this move is and how the "bitter tears" are :lol worthy.*

*disclaimer: I'm probably the biggest MH fan on this board, I already own a Wii and there's no reason at all for me to care about this game.

If your post isn't complete sarcasm, and you have indeed played the previous MH games, please explain the bolded sections, will you? Because, to be frank, they reek of fanboy hyperbole and probably need to be elaborated on.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
MickeyKnox said:

We only know the name of the game. I'm not going to use that annoying phrase, but you are totally blowing this out of proportion.

Saoh

sp0rsk said:

you just now realize GAF has double standars?? really? the hypocrisy of this forum amazes me sometimes, a year later and people still think of the Wii as a joke/fad/no competition/etc.

Eteric Rice

Saoh said:
you just now realize GAF has double standars?? really? the hypocrisy of this forum amazes me sometimes, a year later and people still think of the Wii as a joke/fad/no competition/etc.

I blame this on denial/blatant stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom