• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo World 2011 8-10 Jan [Update: neoGAF geekin' out to quality game music]

AceBandage said:
Yeah, we discussed it a few pages back.
You earn Game Coins by walking (not sure if you can get them other ways) and can spend them in games that support Game Coins.

clever way to get people to take the 3DS along for the tag mode to work better too

Kard8p3

Fantastical said:
Thank you sir. Disappointing, but that's Nintendo.

We pretty much knew that's what it was but we decided to get our hopes up anyway. No big deal though and it could still be cool. I walk all the time so I'll have many game coins.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
AceBandage said:
Yeah, we discussed it a few pages back.
You earn Game Coins by walking (not sure if you can get them other ways) and can spend them in games that support Game Coins.

Oop, guess I'm not as on the bleeding edge as I thought. Interesting though!

kadotsu

Banned
Teknoman said:
Should promote more excercise...at least thats what I thought the pokewalker would do :lol

calf-muscle-exercises.jpg

Just about every Nintendo fan will look like this in 2012

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Fantastical said:
Disappointing in that it's not achievements. :p

I remember when doing cool stuff inside a game gave you additional characters, costumes, tracks, or music instead of pointless "YOU ARE AWESOME" medals. Now all that stuff you can only get by paying extra for it.

Regulus Tera said:
I remember when doing cool stuff inside a game gave you additional characters, costumes, tracks, or music instead of pointless "YOU ARE AWESOME" medals. Now all that stuff you can only get by paying extra for it.
I remember when doing cool stuff inside a game gave you points.

The 3D camera was kinda neat, seemed aimed at teenage girls who are big on photobooths. It simply takes two photos from the external cameras, and adjusting the 3D strength changes the image in no way but toggling with 2D, which displays only the right eye's image. The face merge feature seems to cut-and-paste the taker's picture onto the head of the subject, no morphing involved. It has a few different modes like adding special effects, pinhole, low lighting, and a "mystery" mode. It seems like a neat little distraction. Perhaps we'll start seeing more photography hobbyists take some interesting pictures.

Fantastical said:
All I hear is blah blah blah.

Hey, if they actually consistently gave some kind of reward for them, I would have no qualms.

At the moment though they're just a meaningless score. Why not just play games solely for the fun of it? Why do we need a score that does absolutely nothing on top of that?

Achievements in their current state offer nothing more than a false sense of satisfaction.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
_Alkaline_ said:
Achivements are one of the most pointless things to come out of this generation.

You are a good man.

Spike

_Alkaline_ said:
Hey, if they actually consistently gave some kind of reward for them, I would have no qualms.

At the moment though they're just a meaningless score. Why not just play games solely for the fun of it? Why do we need a score that does absolutely nothing on top of that?

Achievements in their current state offer nothing more than a false sense of satisfaction.

You know what achievements remind me of? Being in grade school and getting star-shaped stickers from the teacher when you answered a question correctly or something.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
_Alkaline_ said:

Achievements significantly increase replay value of a game for me. It makes me do things I would never do in a game without them...

EDIT: More importantly it's starting!

Neiteio

It's so great to see that SSFIV3D will have three costumes for each of the 35 characters, available right out of the box. That'll feel like 105 different characters right there! Even more when you tally up nearly a dozen colors per costume. :)

The very first "Achievements" were physical patches you could sew onto your clothes, awarded by Activision for taking a picture of your TV screen with a score over a certain threshold.

Back in my day we had to wait weeks to get our achievements and we liked it!

Top Bottom