• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's 121st. From playing cards to world domination.

apana said:
Oh yeah I forgot about that quote, does anyone know how people reacted when he basically said gamers who play RPGs are depressed losers? I wonder what caused him to say this.

It was in response to FF7 going to the PS1, wasn't it?

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
More Yamauchi quotes. These ones have been said in early 2004, prior the DS was fully revealed. Taken from this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133750

-I think the game industry is maturing in different ways to those I imagined
- The industry is displaying certains aspects of being in a crisis
- Gamers don't just want beautiful graphics, sounds and epic stories
- We cannot guarantee interesting and fun games just by using better technology and increasing the functions of the machines
- But makers have plenty of money, so they won't stop making that kind of game
- The truth is, I thought about the idea for DS about 18 months ago
- We plan to show something new at next year's E3, though typical gamers are not demanding high specs. The people who speak about the "next generation" are people who don't know games
- The management are expecting good things from the DS
- If we can increase the scope of the industry, we can re-energise the global market and lift Japan out of depression - that is Nintendo's mission
- If the DS succeeds, we will rise to heaven, but if it fails we will sink to hell
- The next two years will decide Nintendo's fate
- Dual screen games is my final suggestion
- From now on, I won't interrupt management flow, though I can still ask for their strength.

Corto

There's a reason why many, many moms all over the world still yell to their sons to turn off the Nintendo even if what they have is an Xbox or PlayStation
don't make stupid mom jokes please. OK?
. A cultural giant, and many congratulations on their 121th anniversary! That's a really old underdog.:lol

Corto said:
There's a reason why many, many moms all over the world still yell to their sons to turn off the Nintendo even if what they have is an Xbox or PlayStation
don't make stupid mom jokes please. OK?
. A cultural giant, and many congratulations on their 121th anniversary! That's a really old underdog.:lol

And even to this day, they are still treated like an also-ran as well!

Carlisle

Obligatory

PBF032-Todays_My_Birthday.gif

And many happy returns.

Happy birthday, Big N!

You've been providing me with awesome fun since the day I was born. Here's to providing the awesome til the day I die!

*raises glass*

Worth reposting this... New York Times, Oct 8 1955

Nintendo_1955_NYTimes.jpg

They got the year wrong. Pshaw, what's wrong fifties fact checkers? It's like they didn't have the internet.

Also... Gates and Yamauchi shaking on some business deal in the mid 1990s.

GatesYamauchi2.jpg

So much for that deal...

Top Bottom