• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's 75th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders | June 26, 10 a.m. JST

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Update:

Resolution Notice (all directors were re-elected)
Check Cheesemeisters twitter for translation of the Q&A session: https://twitter.com/cheesemeister3k

Table of contents

1. Basic information
2. Directors to be elected
3. Status of shares/changes in shares

t1435280400z4.png

Nintendo today announced the date and place of its 75th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders:

Basic information

(Securities Code 7974)
June 4, 2015

To Shareholders with Voting Rights:

Satoru Iwata
Director and President
Nintendo Co., Ltd.
11-1 Hokotate-cho, Kamitoba,
Minami-ku, Kyoto, Japan

NOTICE OF
THE 75TH ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF SHAREHOLDERS

Dear Shareholders:
You are cordially invited to attend the 75th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders of Nintendo Co., Ltd.
(the “Company”). The meeting will be held for the purposes as described below.
If you are unable to attend the meeting, you can exercise your voting rights in writing by submitting the
Voting Rights Exercise Form, or via the Internet. Please review the Reference Documents for the General
Meeting of Shareholders (described hereinafter), and cast your vote by 5 p.m. on Thursday, June 25, 2015
Japan time.

1. Date and Time: Friday, June 26, 2015 at 10 a.m. Japan time (reception will open at 9 a.m.)

2. Place: Seventh floor conference room in the Development Center of the Company,
located at 2-1 Minamimatsuda-cho, Higashikujo, Minami-ku, Kyoto, Japan

3. Meeting Agenda:
Matters to be reported: 1. The Business Report, Consolidated Financial Statements for the Company’s
75th Fiscal Year (April 1, 2014 - March 31, 2015) and results of audits by the
Accounting Auditor and the Board of Auditors of the Consolidated Financial
Statements
2. Non-Consolidated Financial Statements for the Company’s 75th Fiscal Year
(April 1, 2014 - March 31, 2015)

Proposals to be resolved:
Proposal No. 1: Distribution of Surplus
Proposal No. 2: Election of Ten Directors

Exercise of Voting Rights in Writing
Please indicate your vote for or against the proposals on the enclosed Voting Rights Exercise Form and
return it so that it is received by 5 p.m. on Thursday, June 25, 2015 Japan time.

Exercise of Voting Rights via the Internet
To vote via the Internet, please visit the Company’s designated voting website (http://www.web54.net)* and vote for or against the proposals by 5 p.m. on Thursday, June 25, 2015 Japan time, after confirming the “Instructions for Voting via the Internet” on page 26.

If you vote both in writing on the Voting Rights Exercise Form and via the Company’s designated voting
website on the Internet, only your vote placed via the Internet will be valid. In addition, if you submit your
vote multiple times via the Internet, only the last vote will be valid.

Notes:
1) Any updates to the Appendix and the Reference Materials for the General Meeting of Shareholders, will
be posted on the Company’s website at the following URL: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/index.html
2) As the following information is posted on the Company’s website (http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/index.html)
pursuant to provisions of laws and regulations as well as Article 16 of the Articles of Incorporation, it is
not presented in this Appendix.
(1) Consolidated Statements of Changes in Equity of the Consolidated Financial Statements
(2) Notes to the Consolidated Financial Statements of the Consolidated Financial Statements
(3) Non-Consolidated Statements of Changes in Equity of the Non-Consolidated Financial
Statements
(4) Notes to the Non-Consolidated Financial Statements of the Non-Consolidated Financial
Statements​
Accordingly, this Appendix presents a portion of the Consolidated Financial Statements and
Non-Consolidated Financial Statements audited by the Auditors and the Accounting Auditor when they
prepared the Board of Auditors’ Audit Report and Accounting Auditor’s Audit Report, respectively.
3) When attending the meeting, please submit the enclosed Voting Rights Exercise Form at the reception
desk of the Company’s Development Center on the day of the meeting for confirmation (reception will
open at 9 a.m.).
4) Please be advised that non-shareholders (e.g., proxies or accompanying persons who are not shareholders)
are not allowed to participate in the General Meeting of Shareholders.
5) After the close of the General Meeting of Shareholders, in lieu of sending a written notice of voting results
to shareholders, these results will be posted on the Company’s website at the following URL:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/index.html
6) For those of you who are not able to attend the meeting, a summary of questions and answers addressed in
the meeting will be posted on the Company’s website at a later date for your reference at the following
URL: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/index.html
2. Directors to be elected

convocation_notice150tlsyk.png

convocation_notice150pws0s.png

3. Status of shares

• The Master Trust Bank of Japan, Ltd. (Trust Account) has climbed from 1.98% to 2.54%
  • Katsuhito Yamauchi has climbed from 1.98% to 2.37%
  • Banjo Yamauchi is gone from the list of major shareholders
  • Northern Trust Co. (AVFC) Sub A/C Non Treaty is gone from the list of major shareholders
convocation_notice15047pu5.png

Source: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2015/convocation_notice1506e.pdf

The 74th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders in June last year turned out to be quite a spectacle (primarily due to Mr. Iwata's absence), you can view the thread for it here :http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=845063

There was also an INFORMATION DISCLOSURE ON THE INTERNET REGARDING THE NOTICE OF THE 75TH ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF SHAREHOLDERS issued, which was given its own thread earlier today.

Rehynn

Was about to say this.

Mix it up Nintendo, you can't become an international operating Company if you keep all your Top Guys Japanese

Yeah, that must be the one thing keeping Nintendo from finally becoming a successful global company.

Scum

Was about to say this.

Mix it up Nintendo, you can't become an international operating Company if you keep all your Top Guys Japanese

Well, someone will correct me if I'm wrong here, but I believe there are rules in place by the government that states that Japanese businesses must have at least 1 or 2 directors on board that are outside of the company. Not sure if it's in place for this year or next year, though.

Nightbird

Yeah, that must be the one thing keeping Nintendo from finally becoming a successful global company.

Can't remember to have said something like that, so why do you?

It can certainly help to have some outside views. It's not the one solution like you are saying, but it might improve the Situation a little bit.

Kyzer

Banned
Hello I work in a nursing home and there are Nintendo's there but they don't play video games but one guy said he likes to use it to study English don't you think you should focus more on that market? Also, could you please make more profits so that we can be happy with you, or is that not in the plans? Also I would like more women here. Thank you.

watershed

Banned
I'm sure we'll get some interesting info out of this but E3 is gonna be way better. This will just be more vague info about mobile and QoL along with some awful investor questions like "why do you keep talking about videogames?"

Hello I work in a nursing home and there are Nintendo's there but they don't play video games but one guy said he likes to use it to study English don't you think you should focus more on that market? Also, could you please make more profits so that we can be happy with you, or is that not in the plans? Also I would like more women here. Thank you.

And can you give us free promotional games, pretty please?

Eolz

Nice, always good stuff there.
Remember when people thought Iwata was gonna go due to his shareholders' approval rating dropping?

More women at Nintendo or at your nursing home?

Terrell

More women at Nintendo or at your nursing home?

I think more women at the investor meeting. Nintendo has plenty of women, isn't it something like near 50% of their art department is staffed with women? Though this election would be a good time to name a female to the board of directors, as I believe it's currently a sausage party.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Is this an event where we can also expect Iwata (or someone else) to give a presentation about Nintendo's direction? If so, I expect:

• Comments on how people responded to E3's announcements
  • Comments on the reception of Splatoon
  • An update on QOL
  • An update on the DeNA partnership

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Is this an event where we can also expect Iwata (or someone else) to give a presentation about Nintendo's direction? If so, I expect:

• Comments on how people responded to E3's announcements
  • Comments on the reception of Splatoon
  • An update on QOL
  • An update on the DeNA partnership
At least should an update on the DeNA partnership be on the agenda for this meeting. The other things aren't as important to certain investors that frequent these meetings.

Whether Iwata will give a presentation on Nintendo's direction I don't know, but there is usually a basic presentation with slides featuring the items in the convocation notice.

Eolz

Yeah, especially since it's after E3, there's always a more detailed look about the coming year for the company, not only about games, and less vague than in the first half of the year.
If investors don't ask some questions, iwata has no reason to talk about some specific things though. He's nearly always open about every question too, so that's why questions about the cafetaria food quality are even more frustrating/disappointing/funny, wouldn't happen if iwata (and/or the people with him) refused to reply to most questions.

The Giant

Banned
Can't wait for the ridiculous questions from the Q & A from the shareholders. Like this shareholder.

"I own stock, but I don't own a single Nintendo product. I believe games are a waste of time. By the way, the reason I own Nintendo stock is because the name is nice, it's in Kyoto and it was listed in the year of my birth."

The Giant

Banned
...is that even a question? What did Iwata even say?

Iwata replied back this

"There are people in this world who don't feel that games are a waste of time, so Nintendo continues to exist. We'd like to eliminate the thinking that playing games by yourself is negative, or when there's a crime you immediately tie it into games. We'd like to raise the social importance of games. We're working to expand the gaming population, yourself included."

Zubz

Banned
Questions like that make me wish Iwata would channel just a little bit of Yamauchi's spirit when the need arises.

I'd love it if Iwata just snapped. Or at least bore his teeth more. Seriously, that "question" was so awful, they would've been better off asking general players for questions. He handled it like a pro, though; I respect that.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Not long now until this event, and I think it could be quite interesting considering the attention Mr. Iwata has been giving it. Last year's event was covered on Twitter by NStyles, whether he/she will do that this year I don't know. No idea if David Gibson (@gibbogame) will be at the meeting.

Tripon

Rösti;169381598 said:
Not long now until this event, and I think it could be quite interesting considering the attention Mr. Iwata has been giving it. Last year's event was covered on Twitter by NStyles, whether he/she will do that this year I don't know. No idea if David Gibson (@gibbogame) will be at the meeting.
Dave Gibson still covers Nintendo for his company, but can't live tweet.

Neo C.

Fortunately I already sold a good chunk of my stocks when the price jumped highly early this year. I'm not convinced to see the price going up more.

Jackano

Wow. I just clicked the link when telling to myself "oh, Rösti made a thread about that". Without the need to actually see it was Rösti.

Presentation:
- More talk about the first mobile game plan?
- QoL too.

Q/A:
- Feedback after E3 (bad) showing?
- Are we region-free yet? :cheese:

Nintendo's board needs fresh blood so badly.

I used to think this but now I'm not so sure. American branch? Sure, I can see that. But one thing I think Nintendo has succeeded at is maintaining the quality and general selling power of their core IPs. That's hard to do.

Griss

A new Nintendo NX speculation thread? Sweet!
Jokes

I expect questions on when their mobile plans will be released, and how many mobile games will contribute revenue to this financial year, and if Nintendo expects such revenue to be substantial. Plans may have changed since we last heard that they were doing 5 games for this year. We're getting close to launch now so they should be able to be pretty accurate at this stage.

We might maybe get a question about E3, but I doubt it. More likely to ask how much longer Nintendo thinks the sales momentum of Wii U and 3DS can be maintained.

And perhaps something about The Last QoLdian? It's funny, when QoL was announced it seemed to me like a ludicrous hail mary into a fiercly competitive sector designed for Iwata to have something shiny to distract investors from the here and now and sacking him (his favourite ploy) so I'm dying to know just what it is, how much effort they're actually putting into it and how big they think it can be. If it's some kind of lamp/clock thing you put on your bedside table that measures your breathing when you sleep or something I will be laughing hard.

Effect

Nintendo's board needs fresh blood so badly.

Diversity as well and I think diversity is perhaps more important. They're a global company in many markets. There should be more non-Japanese on the board and in general places of power within that company. That's really a problem I feel and perhaps the core of their problems.

I hope we'll get some live tweets for this one.

You mean like Iwata was, right?

A representative from HAL would've still had conflicts of interest. For example, Apple has someone from Avon and an ex-vice president of the United States. Microsoft has the president of one of the biggest post-secondary schools in America.

This could be more interesting than their E3 showing. Hope we get an announcement of their first mobile game and details on the new DeNA-powered cross-platform network service.

This is the big investor's meeting of the year, right?
I'm interested in hearing about a few things.
Nintendo has kind of been teasing it for awhile, but I'd like to know if they have plans to share on their foray into the movie/television industry.
When talking about mobile, their biggests focus is expanding their audience, getting the IP in front of more people. I believe that, if they do it right, TV shows or film would breath new life into their business, allowing them to gain new fans which would help their console and software sales.
Also interested in hearing about their mobile and their QoL efforts. Health is a big industry, Konami seemingly makes a bunch from it. Nintendo needs to diversify if they want to keep being a big part of the industry. They can use it to make more games and especially invest in marketing which is something they've been lacking for a long time.

jeffers

To further the question above.. What's the process of buying stock from scratch? Tempted to get some before QoL and mobile details get discussed

Top Bottom