• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's 76th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders | June 29, 10 a.m. JST

R00bot

See, to me though those are all great examples of why unveiling it doesn't matter, since their competitors all suck at this stuff.

Still, having competition out that can do the same stuff as your system is not going to positively impact your sales.

MK_768

Yeah, Sony stuck a gyro in the PS3 controller in the six months between the Wii controller reveal and E3 2006.

By 2009 Sony had Move revealed and Microsoft had Kinect

Yeah, Sony has a history of copying Nintendo. It's a valid excuse for Nintendo but some gamers seem to think it's absurd.

See, to me though those are all great examples of why unveiling it doesn't matter, since their competitors all suck at this stuff.

Yeah, but Nintendo probably doesn't want to count on that. TheyThe competition only has to not suck at it once for it to be a major problem

Well to be fair...

df2JOmOm.jpg

;)

Oh man I haven't seen this in AGES.

javac

Also Skyward Sword was not a great seller for a Zelda title anywhere.

Didn't help that it was a Wii Motion Plus exclusive, not just from an adoption perspective but also a conceptual one as that probably put people off at the gate.

Ōkami

Nintendo not ready to talk about movies yet.

Miyamoto working directly with Universal on the theme park stuff.

DeNa helping on new mobile project.

Out of time! 2 more questions.

FZZ

Banned
FWIW the PSVR was still disappointing to me this year too

But I did get to try Oculus and although small things like it being less comfortable were an issue, the game I played was so much more fun than any of the "demos" Sony offered

Also bigger FOV is huge and helped out a lot

Oculus made me more excited for VR than PSVR did

vitality sensor is BACK

Lmao

Eolz

Ōkami;208635438 said:
Nintendo not ready to talk about movies yet.

Miyamoto working directly with Universal on the theme park stuff.

DeNa helping on new mobile project.

Out of time! 2 more questions.

Hmm nothing new there. Really long Q&A session

R00bot

But I did get to try Oculus and although small things like it being less comfortable were an issue, the game I played was so much more fun than any of the "demos" Sony offered

Lmao

Having not tried either, what's the FOV like on these two? I kinda assumed they would both be pretty close to your usual eye FOV (I really can't think of a better way to put that).

Ōkami

Q: With Wii U's terrible (but realistic) forecast sales and 3DS well past it's peak, shouldn't forecasts be lowered?

A: It's cool, the Pokemans will bring in the money.

They're essentially betting on sales of 3DS software this time.

FZZ

Banned
Having not tried either, what's the FOV like on these two? I kinda assumed they would both be pretty close to your usual eye FOV (I really can't think of a better way to put that).

Idk how to describe it without butchering how it actually is.

Oculus was closer to the regular eye FOV, actually for me it was more meaning I could look around and see more rather than just looking straight. PSVR was more looking straight and how your eyes align just looking straight ahead, but the issue I had last year which they still haven't fixed is that there was bleed through where my nose was. Meaning the VR experience as a whole was kinda ruined because light was coming through the center where my nose was, and my nose isn't even that big fam.

I'm gonna laugh when this idea or gimmick ends up being hated on by the masses and laughed at by Sony and Microsoft. Nintendo has a habit of thinking their ideas are the greatest ever and then failing to read the market or poorly executing the idea.

If this brand new concept doesn't blow people away I will laugh because they are hyping it up like it's the next Wii.

So you did in fact have an agenda.

Good to know.

R00bot

Idk how to describe it without butchering how it actually is.

Oculus was closer to the regular eye FOV, actually for me it was more meaning I could look around and see more rather than just looking straight. PSVR was more looking straight and how your eyes align just looking straight ahead, but the issue I had last year which they still haven't fixed is that there was bleed through where my nose was. Meaning the VR experience as a whole was kinda ruined because light was coming through the center where my nose was, and my nose isn't even that big fam.

Ah gotcha. I knew PSVR would have to cut costs somehow, also explains how the PS4 is able to power it when you need a MUCH more powerful computer for Oculus. Thanks man that helps a lot, hope to try VR myself soon enough, just haven't come across a headset in the wild yet.

Ōkami

Last question.

The gaming industry's biggest problem are increasing development time and costs. How are you approaching this?

robotrock

Banned

Lmao

What Oculus game did you try?

FZZ

Banned
Advanced augmented reality. Projecting heads up displays and stuff. That's my theory.

Holograms. Amiibos.

Bank on it brehs

What Oculus game did you try?

Some multiplayer arcade racer where I was the camera like Lakitu. It was like Mario Kart.

and it was something super simple yet I enjoyed it much more than I would've just playing the game normally.

The demos Sony had at E3 were just boring in comparison. Btw I didn't get to try out Batman VR or RE VR because Sony fucked up day 3 and stopped using their reservation app.

Zubz

Banned
Nothing hypes like "we can't talk about it."

I mean, as someone else already pointed out, Nintendo was eager to show off the Wii U, and it turns out it was because they didn't have as much faith in the second screen aspect after tablets took off. If Nintendo's keeping the NX's gimmick close to their chest, it's probably something big and interesting.

I mean, as someone else already pointed out, Nintendo was eager to show off the Wii U, and it turns out it was because they didn't have as much faith in the second screen aspect after tablets took off. If Nintendo's keeping the NX's gimmick close to their chest, it's probably something big and interesting.

Big? Edible fish amiibo?

On a more serious note, they could just be doing that to avoid tons of analysis GamePad received pre-release. By the release time a lot of people were convinced it's not much of a deal.

Gutss

Ōkami;208633791 said:
Miyamoto said NX was to be shown at E3, needs to be finished before information is released. They don't want nobody copying their ideas.

Zelda was really popular though.

I called this, and someone mock me saying something like im a delusional fanboy, am i right Kingsnake...

Ōkami

3M breath of the wild have to be sold to recoup costs of development.

If I understood that right.
Eh.

Something like 100 people are working now, 300 people worked in one point or another, 5 years in development.

Then something like a title (not necesarily Zelda) needs to sell 2m worlwide to be a success and how in the struggling Japan 300k is a hit.

Top Bottom