• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's Press Site: Wii U Assets Galore!

Hiltz

As far as player upgrades go, there's two different types: Player skills and Weapon upgrades. Player Skills will be completely lost once your character dies. Weapon upgrades are permanent and will remain fully unlocked if your character dies. As an example to get these kind of skills, one has to kill a certain number of zombies to unlock things like faster reload time, faster draw speed, and reduced recoil among other types of handy skills to make your character stronger the longer he or she survives. As for weapon upgrades, let's say you find items you can combine at the safe house workbench to add a second barrel to a shotgun. Even when you die while carrying this newly upgraded weapon, it will remain in the area where you died. If you choose to search for it with the next new playable character, then you still use that upgraded weapon as is or you can choose to likely find another shotgun that remains in this upgraded form.

D-e-f-

Banned
As far as player upgrades go, there's two different types: Player skills and Weapon upgrades. Player Skills will be completely lost once your character dies. Weapon upgrades are permanent and will remain fully unlocked if your character dies. As an example to get these kind of skills, one has to kill a certain number of zombies to unlock things like faster reload time, faster draw speed, and reduced recoil among other types of handy skills to make your character stronger the longer he or she survives. As for weapon upgrades, let's say you find items you can combine at the safe house workbench to add a second barrel to a shotgun. Even when you die while carrying this newly upgraded weapon, it will remain in the area where you died. If you choose to search for it with the next new playable character, then you still use that upgraded weapon as is or you can choose to likely find another shotgun that remains in this upgraded form.

All I've read and seen from that said that the weapon stays ON your old self, meaning you have to take it out to get your weapon back (along with your other stuff). Meaning the other online players can steal your nice weapon if they come across your zombie faster.

All I've read and seen from that said that the weapon stays ON your old self, meaning you have to take it out to get your weapon back (along with your other stuff). Meaning the other online players can steal your nice weapon if they come across your zombie faster.

Is this a fact or speculation?

Medalion

Banned
I don't play the scary horror games either like Amnesia but I just don't see that coming from ZombieU. At all.
It will have a lot of tension and jump out moments, as you move in darkness, ambient sounds, look down at pad then screen and attacked

It is not Amnesia, but wouldn't play at night

This is the best launch lineup I've ever seen for a console since the SNES. (Mind you, the SNES already a year old when it launched in NA, so it's not really a fair comparrison).

More like nine months, but yeah, there were only five games at launch for the Super Nintendo, they just all happened to be killer apps.

I don't think there's anything I'm dying for here, despite how good NSMBU looks, mostly because after NSMB 2 I need a Mario break for a little while and I don't play enough multiplayer games to care that much about nintendoland. That said, it looks like a great launch and I'm happy to see some great titles in the works for the system. I'll probably get it when (if) I move back to the US in a couple years or whenever there are any two or more of the following available: Zelda, 3D Mario, Metroid, Fire Emblem.

I JUST dug up the quote in the ZombiU thread last night ... -.-

Dev quotes for:
-dynamic enemy spawns
-steal loot from friends' zombies

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=42285381&postcount=261

Sorry! Haven't been paying attention to that thread, thanks for your reply! :)

That sounds just plain evil, can't wait to do it to my friends if I can convince them to join the "evil" Nintendo side. I assume it means you can only do it to persons on your friend-list and not rob random stranger, lol.

D-e-f-

Banned
Sorry! Haven't been paying attention to that thread, thanks for your reply! :)

That sounds just plain evil, can't wait to do it to my friends if I can convince them to join the "evil" Nintendo side. I assume it means you can only do it to persons on your friend-list and not rob random stranger, lol.

We don't know yet if only friends will join your game or if randoms will spawn, too, sadly.

We don't know yet if only friends will join your game or if randoms will spawn, too, sadly.

Randoms robbing you blind does not sound like an game-play design winner decision though. Even friends doing it, sound quite risky. Off the top of my head I can't recall another game doing something like PvP and letting people loot other players. Maybe that Arma mod does it, not sure.

D-e-f-

Banned
Randoms robbing you blind does not sound like an game-play design winner decision though. Even friends doing it, sound quite risky. Off the top of my head I can't recall another game doing something like PvP and letting people loot other players. Maybe that Arma mod does it, not sure.

Yea DayZ is pretty much exclusively that :)

I don't know, it's not like they do some kind of hit and run on you. And it's not PvP anyway. If the migration is limited to one instance or even adjustable--think "offline mode", "private mode" (only friends can migrate to your game/receive your survivor) and "free-for-all" I could see that turn out okay. If it alerts you when your zombie joins another player's game that shouldn't be too big a problem. Though since your old zombie won't appear on your map it'll be a bitch to find if you don't remember where you died and have moved on to another area.

Top Bottom