• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's Press Site: Wii U Assets Galore!

D-e-f-

Banned
What *exactly* does the Nintendo Network logo on-box mean? NSMBU, NG3, NintendoLand, Scribblenauts Unlimited and Warriors Orochi have it, several other games that I'd expect to have network play do not.

Would that be the titles that (from the examples at E3) have level-specific commenting?

It means the exact same thing that a PSN and Xbox Live logo on a box means: it has some kind of online functionality, even if it's only leaderboards or DLC.

It'll be quite the broshooter but since it's Aliens I will forgive them. Add a good horde mode true to the brand and all is forgiven.

"broshooter"? I would hardly call that a broshooter. Gears of War is the ultimate broshooter and I see no parallels to Colonial Marines in that regard.

nano assault is such a shitty ripoff of that sony psn game. lol

I would assume he means Super Stardust HD from 07.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhhocl7jf3o

I do like Nano Assault though.

Funny thing is, Nano Assault is just a 3D sequel to Nanostray (2005, DS) and Nanostray 2 (2008, DS).

Plus, none of them even look anything like either Dyad or Super Stardust

When people say Pikmin 3 looks "bad" I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. I don't know. It's like I don't give enough shits about graphics to keep up with the cool kids these days.

I look at those screenshots I see an attractive, alluring, conceptually strong game. Isn't that enough?

Pikmin 3 looks "bad" because that one ground texture is not super high-res. So obviously it looks like an uprezzed N64 game like people said about Other M lol.

You guys know you can play Trine 2 on other systems now, and get the DLC when it's released, right?

Wii U version has exclusive mode + at least one exclusive area in addition to the DLC that just came out on PC.

Wait, skylanders does not use NFC? "portal included"??

You have to have the figure on the NFC device at all times. We could've suspected this earlier but playing the game while having the figure on the pad makes no sense. Thus -> portal of power.

No launch window game uses NFC in any way.

You could always download the game from the eshop ;)

No you could not, since only first party games are available from the eShop. No 3rd party titles have been announced for download.

5 hours of additional content? Wat?

Are they taking the piss or what?

It's all the pre-order DLC + the post launch "online pass"-stand-in DLC "Argul's Tomb" (was free if you bought the game new day 1 on other platforms) which is comprised out of several smaller sidequests and and regular full DLC expansion.

The only difference is that the Wii U version has all that on-disc and all the pre-order stuff is in one place.

D-e-f-

Banned
So on one of the ZombieU screenshots it talks about weapon crafting. Seems like you can upgrade the:

- Capacity
- Spread
- Firing speed
- Firepower
- Scope
- Silencer

You also appear to be able to tag certain areas with a range of spray cans sigils, perhaps to warn other players about areas in worldwide linkup ?

This is the sort of depth I want to see in the game to avoid it being a flop ala red steel.

They've talked about the leaving messages in the world feature at E3. It's basically exactly like Demon's Souls and Darks Souls but I belive it's symbol-based.

Here are some shots I've taken from the NoE Nintendo Direct.

Brought to you by:
2324715-doublesatoru.jpg

2324692-zombiucrafting.jpg

Crafting / Weapon upgrades

2324694-zombiumaptravel.jpg

World map + quick travel (the game isn't open world so that's how you get around, seems like it's not necessarily linear, though?) ... sorry for the blurry shot. Couldn't get it any clearer off the YouTube trailer

2324695-zombiupastlife.jpg

Your past self now roams the streets. "Score" displayed. Interesting!

2324696-zombiuloot.jpg

Flares confirmed! Hopefully they will look as awesome as in Alan Wake.

2324697-zombiumenu.jpg

Main Menu. Uplay confirmed. What is the map launcher? Is that maybe just a pre-release demo thing?

2324698-zombiuskills.jpg

Weapon skills. Man, it's gonna be a pain in the ass if you die and all your shotgun skills are back to zero again.

2324699-zombiumessagecreating.jpg

This is how you create a message without having to worry about language barriers. Pretty sweet idea!

2324701-zombiumessageworld.jpg

That's the finished project on a random wall.

2324702-zombiumessagereading.jpg

That's how you read those messages with your blacklight scanner.

2324703-zombiufriendnotoficationpopup.jpg

There we have the in-game pop-up again when a friend bites the dust.

2324704-zombiufriendnotificationsgamepad.jpg

You can check where your friend's dead zombie ass is milling about.

2324705-zombiufriendinworld.jpg

Are you hungry or just happy to see me? Hopefully not both. (Also displays their score, again, interesting!)

2324706-zombiuprevioussurvivors.jpg

Here you can check out how much you've screwed up already.

2324708-zombiuleaderboards.jpg

The leaderboard-screen.

Watch Shibata narrate the whole thing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nE4hLZDg88&feature=player_detailpage#t=1325s

I have also taken some shots from the London Tower trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77FfpBcRf_8)

Damn it, that game looks so good. I love the feature list so much but I just don't think I can handle the horror/jump scare aspect.

tumblr_lk8j6qmj7K1qzu5wc.gif

"broshooter"? I would hardly call that a broshooter. Gears of War is the ultimate broshooter and I see no parallels to Colonial Marines in that regard.
Have you seen the footage? Meleeing aliens, scripted events galore (holy shit dude-moments), linear corridor shooting. But I enjoyed the last AvP game and will enjoy this one as well I believe.

Damn, looks like they've upgraded the character models a bit in those shots. The girl looks far more natural now and of a higher poly count.

Lego City Undercover

etc.

I feel like they picked the worst time to upgrade the Lego series to voice acting. The jokes and such in the previews leave me pretty cold. I don't hate Saturday morning whimsy and fun, but...I dunno. It's so cheesy. I'd love to play it for what I'm sure will be a world with a lot of cool Lego content but the story elements hold me back.

I feel like they picked the worst time to upgrade the Lego series to voice acting. The jokes and such in the previews leave me pretty cold. I don't hate Saturday morning whimsy and fun, but...I dunno. It's so cheesy. I'd love to play it for what I'm sure will be a world with a lot of cool Lego content but the story elements hold me back.

You realize that Lego City Stories is targeted at the under 13 demographic, right?

I think it's a monstrous exclusive and going to do gangbusters personally.

You realize that Lego City Stories is targeted at the under 13 demographic, right?

I think it's a monstrous exclusive and going to do gangbusters personally.

I was not predicting how well it would perform, I was simply stating that I preferred their old speech-less model. It doesn't matter who they target, I know quite a few people of all ages who enjoy the Lego games.

I was sort of wondering what others thought on that front as well, it looks like a great step up in terms of an explorable world and variety of activities, but what do others in our demographic think of the story/jokes.

D_prOdigy

ZombiU hnnnngg

I feel like they've already gotten so close to creating a great game. If it's executed competently, it should be at worst a worthy, interesting launch game.

Levyne

Banned
Wow. Just read through this whole thread. Now I want to pre-order a wii u...where should I (can I) pre-order a system?

Edit: oops, there is a thread for this question

Roo

Wow it just hit me...
Iwata said they would be including an Off-TV Play logo on boxes
that supported play the game only on the gamepad but there's nothing there...

Scribblenauts Unlimited
Call Of Duty Black Ops 2
New Super Mario Bros. U
Mass Effect 3
Rabbids Land

to name a few....
or it will be on the back cover? :O

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Wow it just hit me...

Scribblenauts Unlimited
Call Of Duty Black Ops 2
New Super Mario Bros. U
Mass Effect 3
Rabbids Land

to name a few....

I'm sure it'll be on the back, along with the row of icons for things like resolution supported, number of players, etc etc. Same as the Wii boxes:

SDcbv.png

D-e-f-

Banned
Wow it just hit me...

Scribblenauts Unlimited
Call Of Duty Black Ops 2
New Super Mario Bros. U
Mass Effect 3
Rabbids Land

to name a few....

It's obviously gonna be on the back.

All those games have been confirmed to use it so why would you assume such a thing.

Funny thing is, Nano Assault is just a 3D sequel to Nanostray (2005, DS) and Nanostray 2 (2008, DS).

Well to be fair the original Stardust is from like '93 or something, but yeah, the games are different. And really there's nothing wrong with a game taking inspiration from another anyway

Roo

I'm sure it'll be on the back, along with the row of icons for things like resolution supported, number of players, etc etc. Same as the Wii boxes:

SDcbv.png

Oh nice!
can't wait to see how the back will look like

It's obviously gonna be on the back.

All those games have been confirmed to use it so why would you assume such a thing.

eh... I never assumed anything
I always knew those games supported the Off-TV Play function
I was just wondering where the logo was placed

Sacul64

Banned

Nanostray came out in 2005? Wow that was one of my first DS games. I feel so old right now.

AzaK

Damn it, that game looks so good. I love the feature list so much but I just don't think I can handle the horror/jump scare aspect.

tumblr_lk8j6qmj7K1qzu5wc.gif

I've preordered It but I might swap it because it may scare me too much. I'm such a woos with horror games.

BTW: What was that 'UPlay' I saw in the menu shot. Isn't that Ubisofts store?

D-e-f-

Banned
Well maybe if it's a pretty good game for my 5 year old.. But i doubt it

You know that this was a rhetorical joke-question, right? :D

That kid looks like an older Ness

30 Mother sequels confirmed!!!!

I've preordered It but I might swap it because it may scare me too much. I'm such a woos with horror games.

BTW: What was that 'UPlay' I saw in the menu shot. Isn't that Ubisofts store?

Uplay is like an external achievement system they've been using since Assassin's Creed II on all platforms. It unlocks such awesome things as "carry 5 more throwing knives" ..."here, have this random PS3 wallpaper with artwork from our game" if you complete certain achievements in the game. Pretty useless.

And yes, now, it is also their PC online store.

D-e-f-

Banned
Is there a list anywhere of the games that are confirmed for eshop only?

Examples include Runner 2 and Trine 2.

There are no full, complete, 100% lists of anything. We don't even know the launch games.

But here in the download section.

Trine 2: Director's Cut
Nano Assault Neo
Toki Tori 2

are confirmed as day-1 launch titles for the eShop in Europe!

Other eShop games coming at some future time are
Runner 2
Chasing Aurora (+ the next games in the series that is apparently already being worked on and running on Wii U)
Cloudberry Kingdom
The Cave
Mighty Switch Force HD
Mutant Mudds Deluxe (+ future Renegade Kid games)
1001 Spikes
Little Inferno
Karateka
The Pinball Arcade

Top Bottom