• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's Press Site: Wii U Assets Galore!

....is that a rock and tree getting married? XD

More importantly, is that a Professor Layton tree (the hat)? This needs investigation.

A lot the assets look good - I'm not sure how good the gameplay of Trine 2 is, but if Wii U has no trouble with that graphical fidelity, I'm pretty satisfied, especially knowing that one company or another will aim to maximize the system's potential down the road.

Drago

Dammit, those Scribblenauts pics are making me want to buy at launch....

ugh. Fine. You have my launch money WB and 5th Cell :(

big_erk

Shin'en's game is a glossy shader heavy shooter with a few levels. Pikim is a retail game with a large world. Like all Shin'en games, it's basically a "look what we can do" tech demo. Note that I'm not implying this as a negative point about Shin'en.

Besides that point, the "it started on Wii" shit goes the other way. Pikmen 3doesn't look like an upscaled Wii game. That's raw trolling. There's no need to qualify or defend how the game looks. It uses a lot of effects and runs at 60fps. It has very attractive design and art direction. It looks rich. Pixel counters turn around and march off to buy a new video card for their PC, this nonsense is not needed here.

The "Nintendo is lazy when it comes to internal productions" is old, trite, and tired. Whether anyone likes it or not, this is what Nintendo does: apply an appropriate amount of production value to make a game look nice. Whether that's a little or a lot. They do not play the game of "let us sell games based on graphics and impressing a thin slice of geeks by advertising our game has the most expensive audio-visual production to date in gaming."

When a game can use heavy investment in visuals, they readily go there. But the truth is, if you're a pixel counter and all that matters to you is feeling reassured that every game you lay eyes on pushes technology to be bleeding edge without regard for the return on it, Nintendo is going to confound and frustrate you with their sensible and reasonable approach to game development that allows them to enjoy remaining profitable on the software they release.

You do realize this is GAF you are posting on. Get outta here with your crazy logic and stuff. That doesn't fly around here.

big_erk

swamp_thief2iwiqt.jpg

This is from E3 but damn

Trine 2 is a game that never fails to amaze me with its visuals. I am very curious to see the Wii U build in person.

I think Nintendo is just inexperienced with HD graphics, they have been working with gamecube-level graphics for 10 years so now that they've upgraded significantly, they're probably like "what the fuck am I doing?", I'm sure once they get the hang of the hardware they will produce some fantastic-looking games

Nah i think it's just because it's pikmin. Pikmin has always looked pretty bad even by gamecube standards (but to be fair the game normally has a zoomed out camera to make some of the bad textures stand out less) and the games are normally made by pretty small teams, this game especially. In contrast, nintendoland looks really nice, so i doubt they are too inexperienced to deal with hd hardware

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Ugh, Epic Mickey, I am more bothered than I should be about the paint brush "shooting out a stream of paint." That is not how paint brushes WORK.

That's totally a thing that would never make it past Miyamoto if it was a Nintendo game, even nonsensical crap needs to have some sort of functionally believable logic. See: conversations about the NSMBW propeller hat's motor sound, and the reasoning for why a coin block would get stuck on a head. Maybe that's why it sticks out at me so much.

Christ on a bike, those Darksiders 2 screenies have to be bullshots...if not then colour me impressed!!!

And Pikmin 3 looks great to me, particularly the pixel-perfect shadows.

Have also noticed that there are hardly any jaggies to be seen in pretty much all screenshots as well.

Medalion

Banned
Christ on a bike, those Darksiders 2 screenies have to be bullshots...if not then colour me impressed!!!

And Pikmin 3 looks great to me, particularly the pixel-perfect shadows.

Have also noticed that there are hardly any jaggies to be seen in pretty much all screenshots as well.
That's because I suspect most of them are bullshots

The Pikmin shots are the real thing... but those are old, from E3

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels

Pretty sure they are. The first batch of "Wii U" Darksiders 2 "screenshots" were 2560x1440 resolution with at least 4x AA. LOL they didn't even try to hide it.

Luigiv

You guys know you can play Trine 2 on other systems now, and get the DLC when it's released, right?

That's not entirely true. Yes you can buy Trine 2 right now on the other systems but if those systems happen to be the PS3 or X360 then you won't be able to get any of the extra content as DLC. Not a drop. If you get the PC version then you can download the expansion pack as DLC but you still won't get the new co-op mode which is exclusive to Wii U.

So at this stage anyone who hasn't already bought the game is probably best served waiting for the Wii U version.

hatchx

Banned
Honestly the ZombiU boxart is so bad it almost makes me not want to buy it. I don't want that filth in my collection of beautiful new boxarts.

Please change the boxart Ubi Soft.

hatchx

Banned
You could always download the game from the eshop ;)

I could do that, but ZombiU is one of those games I'd probably trade in 6-12 months after getting it.

I'm going to get it regardless. I was joking. Boxarts always looks better when they are shiny and in-your-hands as opposed to on GAF.

hatchx

Banned
Downloading these games is going be probably be the norm for me. If the eShop for the Wii U is similar to how Steam is I'm all for it.

As in cheaper and with sales? I wouldn't count on it.

Have we even confirmed ZombiU will be available on the eshop? Only Nintendo games are confirmed.

Meelow

Banned
yeah its the wii u version

Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth
Published by Ubisoft

7990440565_ff13470e05_b.jpg

7990450682_fe828af79b_b.jpg

7990442733_4e406657a8_b.jpg

7990453298_ec7d1b8d51_b.jpg

7990454418_07b35399ce_b.jpg

7990455136_1dc1d65efc_b.jpg

7990447381_d048398548_b.jpg

Nice, I'm not interested in the Marvel game because I don't like Super Hero kinda games because they aren't that great, I think the only one I liked was Spiderman 2 on the PS2 because it was extremely fun to swing around.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Why is that so shocking?

Well, Vigil did said (I clearly remember) they wouldn't take advantage of the Wii U's boost of power to make it look better than the 360/PS3 version.

That said, Vigil contradicted themselves a lot during Darksiders II's development.

I don't know if this has been said yet and quite frankly, I'm not gonna go seven pages for the answer as I'm about to turn in for the night. But is the cover for ME3 reversible so you could have Femshep instead of Manshep like the other SKUs before it?

Top Bottom