• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's Super Smash Bros. for 3DS National Open Tournament

BY2K

Membero Americo
N1pEeem.jpg

Witness who will reign as the National Champion in Nintendo's first ever Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS National Open Tournament. Learn from the best as hosts Wynton "Prog" Smith, Kris "Toph" Aldenderfer and Bill "TrinTroll" Trinen of Nintendo provide play-by-play analysis, and watch some of the best Smash players in action during the exhibition matches where special guests settle it in Smash.

October 11, 6:00 PM ET – 9:00 PM ET

http://live.nintendo.com/
http://www.twitch.tv/nintendo

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Interesting that Prog is coming out of "retirement" for this. I guess it's local so it's easy for him to do it though.

Revven

Notable Players include: DaBuz, Jumpman, and Darc. There's also some PS All Stars player named Deven3000, not sure how good he'll be but someone pointed him out in the Smash thread when I asked about if anyone recognized anyone else in the list of players.

Also, D1 might be there as a substitute commentator if prog isn't feeling well mid-way through the event.

It's worth nothing that equipment (with some of the badges banned) and custom moves are also legal, by the way.

Cuburt

I just happened to stumble across the stream on YouTube just now. Perfect timing.

Now that the game has been out for a little while, this should be good. Hopefully I can pick up some tactics.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I wonder how they'll get local play to work smoothly since I have found it extremely choppy at times. Maybe they will just connect via wifi?

kiryogi

Banned
Prelims were a shit show. Nintendo has a lot to learn about organising a proper tournament.

Think it was probably more like GameStop than anything if previous tournaments are to be held accountable. At least this is at Nintendo World Store.

Broritos

Prelims were a shit show. Nintendo has a lot to learn about organising a proper tournament.

I was lucky and there was a Gamestop fairly close to where I live that was holding the tournament. It was really fun but it took them a while to set things up. The tournament started about an hour late and going thru the groups was too time consuming. Can't blame anyone for the rules though. They're trying to show off the game after all.

I was told by a GS rep that they're going to do another for the Wii U version. Hopefully it goes along smoother.

kewlmyc

No one using Pit makes me sad, I was hoping to learn some combos and killing moves. Oh well, it should be entertaining either way.

Top Bottom