• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT| Stamina is Ki

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm early level 50 and I'm starting to notice that soul matching is no longer feasible for the lower level gear that I want to bring up to current level due to my lack of gold. I was kind of trying to create a build with a certain weapon and armor pieces for the set bonus. Unfortunately the loot I am finding now far, far outpaces the gear I want to use, and I don't even have a fraction of the gold needed to bring the gear I want to current level.

So I've just been swapping out to the best gear as I find it. Which is fun too but I'm wondering if soul-matching ever becomes more feasible for the lower level gear?

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I feel like I'm running into the same issue I always face with Souls games— distribute stats all over the place, i.e. master of none.

Right now, and after trying a variety of styles, I'm enjoying maining an axe with a dual sword backup. Wearing M equipment. I think I'm more attracted to an agile character, lots of stamina, high risk/reward... But my stats don't reflect that. Any suggestions on how I should allocate my future points?

C4mkVsFUcAAyWiu.jpg

I'm early level 50 and I'm starting to notice that soul matching is no longer feasible for the lower level gear that I want to bring up to current level due to my lack of gold. I was kind of trying to create a build with a certain weapon and armor pieces for the set bonus. Unfortunately the loot I am finding now far, far outpaces the gear I want to use, and I don't even have a fraction of the gold needed to bring the gear I want to current level.

So I've just been swapping out to the best gear as I find it. Which is fun too but I'm wondering if soul-matching ever becomes more feasible for the lower level gear?

It's been the main issue for me too lately. Sometimes I'm set with the bonuses of my gears. But bringing them to the appropriate level would cost a whole lot of gold. It's more feasible to just switch to newly dropped higher level gears and reforge them instead. I feel like soul match is getting more and more useless for me.

Syntsui

I feel like I'm running into the same issue I always face with Souls games— distribute stats all over the place, i.e. master of none.

Right now, and after trying a variety of styles, I'm enjoying maining an axe with a dual sword backup. Wearing M equipment. I think I'm more attracted to an agile character, lots of stamina, high risk/reward... But my stats don't reflect that. Any suggestions on how I should allocate my future points?
30 Spirit + 40 on the stat of the weapon you like +20 on Dexterity/Magic for the dojo quests. This is my build and it was enough to finish the normal campaign with ease.

@Soulmatch
Don't bother with it until you get to drop green gear. It's a flawed mechanic and costs way more than it should. You will use it exclusively to pass specific attributes of the weapons, even then, it's better to just reroll for what you want.

This game really isn't as strict as Souls when it comes to stat allocation. Especially since the game straight up tells you mission levels and some are well over 100.

hughesta

Banned
Goddamn, the (Region 3)
Spider Castle and Snowy Temple
missions were incredible. Boss of the first was incredibly easy, but the second was fairly tricky.

This game is so FUN.

NG+ twilight in a nutshell

vpnnUPh.gif

First time I've summoned someone. I don't even know if I'll ever get geared enough to do this alone without wasting an hour of my time whittling away at multiple health sponges at once while always 2 hits from dying.

So I'm doing this twilight mission and getting stunlocked by multiple enemies is...annoying.

Lorcain

YEEEEEEAH BEAT THAT DUEL WITH TACHIBANA THAT SHITFUCKER
I'm embarrassed to say how many times it took me to beat him tonight. Just like in Souls/BB I had him down under 1/4 health on my 2nd or 3rd try (lucky), and then it took me many, many more attempts to finally learn all of his patterns and movesets to beat him (without using Sloth or Lifeseal).

Question for folks who are deeper in. I pretty much love all the weapons and have therefore been a generalist with my stats. Is that eventually going to come back to bite me?

How do you stop
Honda
from healing in the sub mission? Is there magic I need to use?

EDIT: Apparently Relentless Heaven Sword works. Never even gets a chance to cast it.

Three straight hours fighting this guy, can't get him past half health. This game really sucks badly with the cheating.

Who are you talking about?

Question for folks who are deeper in. I pretty much love all the weapons and have therefore been a generalist with my stats. Is that eventually going to come back to bite me?

Not really. Just don't stop leveling. You've got enough for whatever you want as long as you don't go crazy with the armor stats.

Note: I'm only at the start of region 5, so maybe shit gets crazier afterward or in NG+, but yeah, up til now it's basically just been whatever with stats.

GHG

Gold Member

You will need to settle on 2 weapon types and an armour weight type eventually and then level up accordingly. It gets pretty expensive to level up later on in the game and you won't have enough samurai skill points to cover all 4 weapon types.

If possible decide before you do your first respec as those get progressively more expensive as well.

Sanctuary

I think I'm more attracted to an agile character, lots of stamina, high risk/reward... But my stats don't reflect that. Any suggestions on how I should allocate my future points?

You can respec multiple times, although you'll want to pick a weapon to hit
50k proficiency
with to be able to finish a certain quest. By "stamina" do you mean Ki in this game, or actual stamina? If you mean the former, it just sounds like what you're looking for is a Katana build in light armor. Either that, or Dual Katanas, but dumping points into Heart later for more Ki too.

Not really. Just don't stop leveling. You've got enough for whatever you want as long as you don't go crazy with the armor stats.

Note: I'm only at the start of region 5, so maybe shit gets crazier afterward or in NG+, but yeah, up til now it's basically just been whatever with stats.

You can grind proficiency if you really want, but it's better to just stick with a single weapon at best, or up to three at worst.

Raybunny

One mission away from finishing the game. Stats all all over the place cause I like to try different kinds of armor and gear. I cannot say if my butt has been bitten a lot but I guess I could have done better if I specialized on a specific build.

I will keep it until I finish the game then I can work onto that, sets and specific weapons.

NG+ twilight in a nutshell

vpnnUPh.gif

First time I've summoned someone. I don't even know if I'll ever get geared enough to do this alone without wasting an hour of my time whittling away at multiple health sponges at once while always 2 hits from dying.
Got it! Now I'm helping people and essentially farming the mission lol.

BeeDog

I've had this game since launch, but finished the first real mission (
boat boss
) just yesterday and finally opened up the world map. Game's fun, don't know why I waited so long for it to set its hooks in me!

Just one random question, how sizable is this game, i.e. how many missions does it have etc.? Wanna know if I should invest time in it, or try to wrap up some of the other ongoing games in the backlog.

Jamiaro

God damn it...

I like to use swords, spears and double swords. I like A-Agility and Onmyo. BUT I've also taken a liking to poison and Spirits.

Hard for me to focus on something particular. :( My build is all over the place.

Final dojo mission for samurai

Just cheese him. Super super easy. Use a spear. Mid Stance. Just keep using Triangle (Strong Attack) every time he is in range. You'll never get hit. You'll drain his Ki. Grapple. Rince/Repeat. Works for every humanoid duel who is not a Warrior of ****

boat boss
) just yesterday and finally opened up the world map. Game's fun, don't know why I waited so long for it to set its hooks in me!

Just one random question, how sizable is this game, i.e. how many missions does it have etc.? Wanna know if I should invest time in it, or try to wrap up some of the other ongoing games in the backlog.

Game is massive. I think I have 45-55 hours and just got to I think one of the final regions. Either the last one or the one before. I've done every sub mission and thrown in some helping people with the first three bosses. Game is substantial.

boat boss

It's a pretty long game, especially if you're a completionist. There are lots of sub-mission outside of the main ones.

Just cheese him. Super super easy. Use a spear. Mid Stance. Just keep using Triangle (Strong Attack) every time he is in range. You'll never get hit. You'll drain his Ki. Grapple. Rince/Repeat. Works for every humanoid duel who is not a Warrior of ****

Game is massive. I think I have 45-55 hours and just got to I think one of the final regions. Either the last one or the one before. I've done every sub mission and thrown in some helping people with the first three bosses. Game is substantial.

Guess we're thinking of the wrong one, I can only use wooden sword

It's been the main issue for me too lately. Sometimes I'm set with the bonuses of my gears. But bringing them to the appropriate level would cost a whole lot of gold. It's more feasible to just switch to newly dropped higher level gears and reforge them instead. I feel like soul match is getting more and more useless for me.
Exactly. I'm holding on to all of the low level gear who's attributes I really like with the hopes that I can use them again at some point via soul match.

30 Spirit + 40 on the stat of the weapon you like +20 on Dexterity/Magic for the dojo quests. This is my build and it was enough to finish the normal campaign with ease.

@Soulmatch
Don't bother with it until you get to drop green gear. It's a flawed mechanic and costs way more than it should. You will use it exclusively to pass specific attributes of the weapons, even then, it's better to just reroll for what you want.

What about the minimum stat for Heart and Stamina? Just in case if those stat is not my main weapon.

NYHorn36

Old cutscenes are great with new armor. Watching full Shinobi William in
Tower of London
scenes is pretty cool. Must look ridiculous if you mix around, which is nice.

About how much Stamina would I roughly need to wear medium armor and still have A agility? I'm starting to think it's not worth it.

I may just rock light armor and refashion it as medium.

Comandr

What exactly does magic power do? Does it increase the duration of the buff or make buffs stronger?

Was this question ever answered? I'd like to know this as well. "magic power" is such a nebulous term when there is such a variety of spells.

Ogawa-san

YOOOOOOOOOOOOO, THE CLAN BATTLE TIME PERIOD ENDED AND SINCE WHITE CLANS WON, I GOT 29K GLORY FOR FREE. WOOOOOOO
I guess that's what they mean with "more clan members, less individual rewards". I'm Totoyomi, rank 37 in the clan, and only made 15k.

Edit: nevermind, we're camp red and lost :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom