• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT| Stamina is Ki

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ogress area felt built for demos and just forced into the game.

Hmm. Well, I admit I 100% cleared the area (all kodama/treasure/enemies killed) in like 20 minutes without touching a single shrine first run, but I think I could do the same for pretty much all the missions if I had the layout memorized previously like I did with this one.

Chorazin

But why? You always get the 3 + extras from Kodamas anyway. Seems like a waste of time to me.

Hardly.

If someone else like me wants to have the extras, I told them how to ensure they can. It takes about 5 minutes to cycle them to the storehouse and you'll have plenty.

If it makes no difference to you, then just don't do it?

Big Centipede
took me about 5 tries to beat. Just big and annoying. Did my first co-op mission last night as well. Pretty fun, definitely going to do that more.

Izuna

Banned
nvm, solo'd that 310 twilight easily

some of the later bosses... I feel like Heaven Flash is broken against them. It keeps them in a stun lock

i'm at Region
and the game is now turned into ULTRA SHIT, is it gonna be like this for the rest of the game ?

If that's ULTRA SHIT, I'd love to play what you consider ULTRA GREAT.

No idea what could even remotely be considered "ULTRA SHIT'" in this game ever to be honest.

xviper

in region 5, they did the same thing that made Dark souls 3 shit, humanoid bosses

the game itself has lots of problems, i'll say my opinion on it once i finish it, hopefully not much left

Izuna

Banned
I put B+ Agility Damage Bonus on my off-hand Hasebe so now I got an A+ boost overall.

Demon's souls, Dark souls 1 and Bloodborne are ULTRA GREAT

DkS1 doesn't deserve to be mentioned among these games.

Dunno about Bloodborne, haven't played it.

I have that, but I need something I can stack on armor.

Also, there's an Onmyo Cast Speed gear stat, but not a bomb/kunai throw stat. The Big Bomb is the best part of Ninjitsu, but is too slow in most circumstances to actually throw and not get interrupted.

Do you have Iga's set? The full set gives great bonus to Ninjutsu damage. Also use makibishi or whatever is called to slow down enemies, gives you enough time to throw big bombs.

So close to platinum. That 60 requests feels like it's gonna take forever, I have practically every other trophy in the game and only ~6 million gold, selling literally everything(not offering or disassembling)

myco666

If someone else like me wants to have the extras, I told them how to ensure they can. It takes about 5 minutes to cycle them to the storehouse and you'll have plenty.

If it makes no difference to you, then just don't do it?

I wasn't going to. Just genuinely curious why anyone would bother doing that.

Fuck Hino-enma.

I've never had too much trouble with the Souls/BB series but damn if this thing isn't getting to me. Stupid paralysis. I can almost finish her off and sure as hell I'll catch one of those paralyzing hits and she swoops down and finishes me off. So frustrating.

xviper

i'm lvl 90, do you recommend playing the sub-missions ? or should i just go play the main missions ?

i really want to finish it quickly but i don't want to be underleveled

i'm lvl 90, do you recommend playing the sub-missions ? or should i just go play the main missions ?

I've done every main mission and sub mission up to the first story mission of region 5 (many of them multiple times) but I've started falling behind the Mission Level a bit. Still doesn't feel that bad though.

Izuna

Banned

Honestly, you can't really be under levelled in this game. You can equip stuff higher level than you with no limit so you'll always be dishing out comparable damage.

Side missions are cool, but otherwise don't worry about levelling up.

I'm LV160 in a LV310 mission and Revs die in two combos...

Strings

What is the 60 request trophy?

Need to make 60 requests at the blacksmith. So stuff like 'buy my stuff for more when I sell it to you' or 'let me use the barber menu'. 60 of those. At the onset, you get a request point every 100k, but it eventually ramps to every ~400k or so.

Also, definitely don't disassemble late-game stuff. Way less money that way.

Hybris

90 isn't underleveled for the finish. The game says it is, but I did every sidequest as they popped up and I finished the final story mission at 85. Imo side missions are more fun than the main missions, especially the combat challenges. Up to you though if that's your thing or not.

You get about 50% familiarity to your off-hand even if you don't use it, so use that to increase familiarity of weapons you don't use for extra Skill Points and to open up later Dojo missions

Isn't that proficiency? Does gaining familiarity also gain proficiency?

You get about 50% familiarity to your off-hand even if you don't use it, so use that to increase familiarity of weapons you don't use for extra Skill Points and to open up later Dojo missions

I know the offhand weapon gets familiarity, but I'm pretty sure it's only Proficiency that gives you skill points, not familiarity. I've had multiple spears equipped in my offhand (to trigger Red Oni's set bonus) for like 10 hours and never gotten a skill point even though I'm maxing their familiarities.

Izuna

Banned

All this time I didn't know they were separate ;(

--

I'm anxious about this 1.03 update

I need to know if I should change my Guardian Spirit and possibly all my charms

Need to make 60 requests at the blacksmith. So stuff like 'buy my stuff for more when I sell it to you' or 'let me use the barber menu'. 60 of those. At the onset, you get a request point every 100k, but it eventually ramps to every ~400k or so.

Also, definitely don't disassemble late-game stuff. Way less money that way.

Ah thank you. Nier comes out in two weeks, doesn't it? Wonder if I can plat Nioh until then. Is doing all the main, sub and twilight missions like 80% of the trophy effort?

No! No! No! Nioh, what were you thinking? Adding a fucking poison level? Really?

Way to suck out all of the fun I was having.

Fucking hate these types of areas in games.

Impulsor

No! No! No! Nioh, what were you thinking? Adding a fucking poison level? Really?

I thought the same as you. It actually was fun after all.

Use Fuse-ushi as guardian spirit for added resistance and lower poison damage.

The game's got Poison charms, buffs etc. out the ass, you know they couldn't control themselves.

Keep an eye out for antidotes, I had a ton of them left over by the end of the level.

And yeah, same as the poster above, I ended up actually digging the level.

Izuna

Banned
Ahhhh nevermind...

While I can get Agility Damage Bonus A, it seems that passives on weapons don't enable unless they are in-hand. Off-hand passives don't work (but Set bonuses do... so... huh)

xviper

actually wait, "I" was like level 100 when I finish the game and I did EVERYTHING...

i did every sub-mission that shows up before playing the main mission

the game is easy, even MUCH easier than the by FAR the easiest soulsborne game, Disgrace souls 3: knight bosses edition

i guess i'll start playing only the main missions

Izuna

Banned

the game is easy, even MUCH easier than the by FAR the easiest soulsborne game, Disgrace souls 3: knight bosses edition

I'm not going to pretend that NiOh is hard, but Souls is laughable difficulty wise, especially in terms of combat.

--

So, shall I invest into using this Hosho Sadayoshi I got at +4? It doesn't have great SEs (!Attributes, Special Effects), but I can transfer stuff to it to make up all 7 customizable slots.

I guess since I'm not rerolling my Raikiri anymore, I'll focus on forging this weapon into something nice and switch over when I get better SEs than my Raikiri.

It's interesting because you have to transfer skills onto a weapon with empty slots before you can reforge them.

All this time I didn't know they were separate ;(

--

I'm anxious about this 1.03 update

I need to know if I should change my Guardian Spirit and possibly all my charms

I translated the info Team Ninja released on Twitter a page or two back if you hadn't seen.

You can disable all the poison fields. :)

Robiin

Blighttown is one of the best areas in Dark Souls
Actually true, level design wise it's fun first time through because it really nails the "I'm going down and down and there's no way back up, shit I'm scared" tone. But, it's frustrating as fuck with the performance on original console release.

I think that means it deserves an upgrade to ULTRA HYPER SHIT: II TOURNAMENT EDITION.

xviper

I think that means it deserves an upgrade to ULTRA HYPER SHIT: II TOURNAMENT EDITION.

i didn't mean the game itself is ULTRA SHIT

i meant Region
is ULTRA SHIT

but the game has some ULTRA MEGA SHIT flaws that i will explain once i finish it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom