• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NIS America Press Event 2016 - February 22nd

Shizuka

gwS6T6x.jpg

https://twitter.com/AllGamesBeta/status/688085391895838720

Expect new announcements for localizations.

If you want to follow announcements in real time, follow these Twitters:

Endesu

Need a western release date for Yomawari, please. An early confirmation on Rose and the Old Castle of Twilight wouldn't hurt, either.

Not even sure if NIS is handling Danganronpa PC considering that Spike Chunsoft registered English social media pages for the tease that came out today.

farisr

My brain completely glitched there for a second and I thought it said Nintendo of America.

I was like:
"Nintendo actually holding a press event again?"
"NX reveal a few months ahead of E3 like PS4 and Xbox One?"
"Wait, Nintendo of America is doing the reveal?"
"This doesn't make sense"

then I reread the title.

Atolm

I want more new game announcements. No need for an event if you're gonna announce PC ports of games already available in other platforms imo.

wow, I've been following NIS for the longest time and this time i have no idea what they could announce out side of maybe some more PC ports.

Clov

All I'm really expecting game wise is Danganronpa V3. I'm sure more titles will be announced, but I'm not sure what they could be.

I'm actually hoping for some announcements by their anime division. It's been a while since they've licensed anything, and their releases are very high quality both in terms of video quality and the quality of the physical sets. I really want them to pick up some more titles.

They're not going to say anything about Danganronpa guys..... Japan isn't even going to get it till the end of the year, which would mean it's a mid 2017 title at the earliest for the West.

Shizuka

Yomawari is the only lock for this event. That and more PC ports. Danganronpa V3 is at least four conferences away from announcement, maybe February 2017 it'll get announced for the West.

AniHawk

All I'm really expecting game wise is Danganronpa V3. I'm sure more titles will be announced, but I'm not sure what they could be.

I'm actually hoping for some announcements by their anime division. It's been a while since they've licensed anything, and their releases are very high quality both in terms of video quality and the quality of the physical sets. I really want them to pick up some more titles.

they're not going to announce a locallization of a game with that much text that's still months out from a release in japan.

and anime is basically dead. they haven't used this event to announce anime in years, and they have been slowing down on the releases over the course of the last year.

Clov

they're not going to announce a locallization of a game with that much text that's still months out from a release in japan.

and anime is basically dead. they haven't used this event to announce anime in years, and they have been slowing down on the releases over the course of the last year.

Not sure what to expect in terms of games then, I guess I'll be surprised.

A bit disappointed that there's not likely to be any anime news at the event. While it's been a while since they licensed something new, I find it a bit odd that they seem to be slowing down so much on their releases after how well titles like Love Live and Cardcaptor Sakura seemed to be doing for them. They even managed to start dubbing certain titles, which I'd assume meant that their releases were doing well (due to the expense of dubbing). I hope that they won't be withdrawing from the market entirely.

RE4

all that hype...

But NIS is like "get ready for a Xanadu Next PC release date"

edit: ah wait, this is not Xseed. so maybe some real announcements?

AniHawk

Not sure what to expect in terms of games then, I guess I'll be surprised.

A bit disappointed that there's not likely to be any anime news at the event. While it's been a while since they licensed something new, I find it a bit odd that they seem to be slowing down so much on their releases after how well titles like Love Live and Cardcaptor Sakura seemed to be doing for them. They even managed to start dubbing certain titles, which I'd assume meant that their releases were doing well (due to the expense of dubbing). I hope that they won't be withdrawing from the market entirely.

anime is a niche market that got really competitive and expensive over the last couple of years. what they were doing never really took off for them outside of love live.

as far as games go, it's probably going to be small stuff and not a ton of it. they have stranger of sword city and grand kingdom already for their next fiscal year, and usually they only reveal stuff for the first half of the year during the press event, when anime expo is where they show the stuff for the next calendar year.

Top Bottom