• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NIS announce Rose and the Old Castle of Twilight [htoL#NiQ spiritual sequel] for Vita

Yasumi

Banned
25MPzMJ.png

The latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation this week reveals Rose and the Old Castle of Twilight for PS Vita from Nippon Ichi Software.

Due out on April 28 for 3,980 yen in Japan, the game is directed and features character design by htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary director Masayuki Furuya. It follows the flow of The Firefly Diary and has players exploring an old castle.

Players will control a young girl named Rose and a mysterious giant as they explore and try to escape a ruined old castle covered in thorns.

Speaking with Dengeki PlayStation, Furuya said that he heard concerns about The Firefly Diary being too difficult and wanted to adjust the balance during development for Rose and the Old Castle of Twilight. Furuya notes that this isn’t The Firefly Diary 2, as a sequel was hard to envision, and that he’d want to remake the first game before doing a followup.

This time, the main girl will also have a dreadful experience.

Nippon Ichi Software launched a teaser website for Rose and the Old Castle of Twilight late last week.

No screenshots yet. Thanks Gematsu.

I didn't play Firefly Diary, but I am really hoping Night Watch comes over here.

And despite not playing Firefly Diary, I find myself very interested in THIS.

I hope it gets localized.

18-Volt

Meanwhile NISA be like "Man, stop making Vita exclusive games, you're putting us in a weird situation!"

Loved the htol#niq, despite I was unable to finish it. Definitely will pick up if NISA starts to localize their Vita localization backlog.

Yasumi

Banned
A PS4 version would increase chances of localization immensely. It's always scary when Japan announces a new Vita exclusive title :x

We haven't had to worry about localizations for a *very* long time, particularly with NIS games. PS4 localization wouldn't make it any more likely.

Also not sure what the source is but AniHawk says Disgaea 5 was a success in the west.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=191759588&highlight=#post191759588
Not in Japan it wasn't. Guess where this game's releasing first.

We haven't had to worry about localizations for a *very* long time, particularly with NIS games. PS4 localization wouldn't make it any more likely.

That's not how it seems to me recently. Luminous Arc Infinity and Valkyrie Drive for example seem both to be staying in Japan. Not saying this will, I'm just not as optimistic anymore when a Vita exclusive is announced for Japan. Please don't get me wrong, I love Vita, I just dont want to get my hopes up
Not in Japan it wasn't. Guess where this game's releasing first.
I know that. But I can't play games in Japanese, so I'm more interested in how they do in the west. NIS should look at both markets as well.

Prelude.

That's not how it seems to me recently. Luminous Arc Infinity and Valkyrie Drive for example seem both to be staying in Japan. Not saying this will, I'm just not as optimistic anymore when a Vita exclusive is announced for Japan.
The VD thing seems like a dumb misunderstanding from a poorly worded barely-in-english tweet.

Prelude.

Can you explain? I haven't seen any clarification or updates
There's no clarification but that tweet read more like there's nothing to announce/set in stone yet but he wants to release it asap.
The last time something similar happened it was with IA/VT and he said "not happening, import it" and XSEED were like "yeah, probably not, import it". We've heard nothing of the sort about this one and we have english trophies with pop culture references and also Marvelous EU explicitly saying they want to release it.

There's no clarification but that tweet read more like there's nothing to announce/set in stone yet but he wants to release it asap.
The last time something similar happened it was with IA/VT and he said "not happening, import it" and XSEED were like "yeah, probably not, import it". We've heard nothing of the sort about this one and we have english trophies with pop culture references and also Marvelous EU explicitly saying they want to release it.

Yeah I guess it depends how you interpret it. I'd love to see a comment from XSEED. Marvelous EU just says the want to release it, but they don't have to do the localization work. :p To me it seems like a "currently no plans" comment, which isn't a good sign.

I still regret not grabbing a physical version of Firefly Diary when I had the chance, game is impossible to find for a reasonable price now. Will be looking forward to this.

Was The Firefly Diary any good? It looked interesting, but I heard it was bullshit hard at times.

The difficulty wasn't too terrible if you turned off touch controls (although the 2nd to last boss can still be painful if you're going for platinum). The game may be based around them, but they were pretty poorly implemented and made the game a chore quite often.

I still regret not grabbing a physical version of Firefly Diary when I had the chance, game is impossible to find for a reasonable price now. Will be looking forward to this.

PlayAsia constantly has the game on sale for $22.50 or so, that's how I got it a few months ago and I've seen at that several times since then.

That's not how it seems to me recently. Luminous Arc Infinity and Valkyrie Drive for example seem both to be staying in Japan. Not saying this will, I'm just not as optimistic anymore when a Vita exclusive is announced for Japan. Please don't get me wrong, I love Vita, I just dont want to get my hopes up

I don't even understand why this is a thing with VD. The game literally came out a month ago in Japan, why start complaining about it now when we know how these things work with most of these localizations? Rarely is anything said a month after a games initial release, give it a few months and then start to worry if nothing is said.

Which means nothing a month after release. The game could be under NDA with Xseed for all we know and neither them or the creator can say anything about it yet. This is hardly the first time a creator has said "no plans yet" and yet there's still a high chance of it happening or it's already happened and no one can talk about it yet. Trophies aren't localized for no reason and we all should know by now who in Xseed is going to shout from the rooftops to get that thing over here if it's not already coming.

Which means nothing a month after release. The game could be under NDA with Xseed for all we know and neither them or the creator can say anything about it yet. This is hardly the first time a creator has said "no plans yet" and yet there's still a high chance of it happening or it's already happened and no one can talk about it yet. Trophies aren't localized for no reason and we all should know by now who in Xseed is going to shout from the rooftops to get that thing over here if it's not already coming.

It's him expressing disappoinment that there are no plans for a localization because he would like to bring it over. He didn't just answer a question with a "no plans" PR speak. I think there is a difference, this is Takaki we're talking about.

We'll see I guess. There's just so much negative talk about the Vita recently and VD isn't exaclty a localization friendly game. I'm too pessimistic :(

18-Volt

It's him expressing disappoinment that there are no plans for a localization because he would like to bring it over. He didn't just answer a question with a "no plans" PR speak. I think there is a difference, this is Takaki we're talking about.

We'll see I guess. There's just so much negative talk about the Vita recently and VD isn't exaclty a localization friendly game. I'm too pessimistic :(

Marvelous EU said they want to localize the game, Takaki-sensei said in that tweet he wants to relese the game in west and game has a localized trophy list. Game is coming and yes, you are too pessimistic, Yian.

Yasumi

Banned
It's set to be shown in the Dengeki PlayStation issue releasing on January 14, so hopefully we'll get some art and screenshots in the next 12 hours or so.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Sounds like somebody loved Rule of Rose.

HGH

Banned
Firefly Diary's story ripped my heart out so thanks a ton NIS.
Yomawari was at least a bit better about that but man they're getting good at emotional manipulation.

I see the dev annoyed that he made his previous games too hard, I guess the feedback got through, but I hope they don't go the opposite way too much. Something like Limbo would be juuuust right as far as difficulty. Really my biggest problem with Firefly Diary was weird hitboxes (I didn't mind the controls).

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
First thing i thought of
poliwrath.jpg

Man they chose to show a really bad screen, if i didn't see the scans i wouldn't understand what's there(well even now i don't understand what the girl is doing)

HGH

Banned
It's funny, we went from Mario's game over "Oh no!" jump to full on Limbo gore in the span of 3 games.

Yasumi

Banned
It's funny, we went from Mario's game over "Oh no!" jump to full on Limbo gore in the span of 3 games.

It's almost more extreme. Limbo didn't have little girls getting hanged and coughing up blood, or getting graphically crushed. They really took the feedback from Firefly Diary.

Also,
Rose-Twilight-Castle_01-21-16_001.jpg

Looove that character design.

Top Bottom