• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NISA announces Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea (PS3) LE

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Does it include the full soundtrack? Or is it like 8 selected tracks..

Can anyone give a brief description of what these games are about, what the differences are between them, and if it's important to play them in order/which one is best to start with?

Durante

Can anyone give a brief description of what these games are about
9lx4p6lylf23.jpg

tumblr_m0t73kqilo1qzet0pjn.jpg

, what the differences are between them
There are two recent trilogies, the Arland trilogy (Rorona, Totori and Meruru) and the Dusk Trilogy (Ayesha, Escha & Logy, Shallie). Within trilogies, there are similarities in e.g. alchemy systems and general progression, but each game has its own unique take on it:
  • Rorona introduced the basic formula. Note that it has had a remake which is preferable in all regards to the original.
  • Totori is one of the more personal-story-focused, and has a bit more of an adventure/coming-of-age feeling
  • Meruru has a system where you (the princess) are tasked with rebuilding and improving your Kingdom
  • Ayesha I have no idea about because it was released on PS3 without dual audio so I was waiting for the Vita release :p
  • Escha & Logy has two protagonists to select from.
  • Shallie, as far as I know, will change the main goal accomplishment system away from the current time management concept and introduce free third person camera control (?)

, and if it's important to play them in order/which one is best to start with?
Within the individual trilogies, there are some recurring characters, so ideally those should be played in order. There's no significant connection between trilogies.

As for which one to start with, in my opinion the best one of the 6 PS3-era games is still Totori, but I guess the new Rorona is also a good place to start. Perhaps Ayesha is too.

There are two recent trilogies, the Arland trilogy (Rorona, Totori and Meruru) and the Dusk Trilogy (Ayesha, Escha & Logy, Shallie). Within trilogies, there are similarities in e.g. alchemy systems and general progression, but each game has its own unique take on it:
  • Rorona introduced the basic formula. Note that it has had a remake which is preferable in all regards to the original.
  • Totori is one of the more personal-story-focused, and has a bit more of an adventure/coming-of-age feeling
  • Meruru has a system where you (the princess) are tasked with rebuilding and improving your Kingdom
  • Ayesha I have no idea about because it was released on PS3 without dual audio so I was waiting for the Vita release :p
  • Escha & Logy has two protagonists to select from.
  • Shallie, as far as I know, will change the main goal accomplishment system away from the current time management concept and introduce free third person camera control (?)

Within the individual trilogies, there are some recurring characters, so ideally those should be played in order. There's no significant connection between trilogies.

As for which one to start with, in my opinion the best one of the 6 PS3-era games is still Totori, but I guess the new Rorona is also a good place to start. Perhaps Ayesha is too.

Just what I needed. Thanks, Durante! Taking the time to help clueless plebs like me and saving PC gaming all at once! You da man!

I probably shouldn't have bought a copy of the LE, but when it got down to like 3 copies, I just gave up resistance and went for it. I've never played any of the others. What am I doing with my life.

AniHawk

as a public service announcement, there probably won't be a whole lot more of these left. it will probably sell out by the end of this week at some point. less than 5% stock is left.

Top Bottom