• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NJPW G1 Climax 27 [OT] It's a Real-Life Tournament Arc!!!!!

Hex

Banned
Chase Owens asking Yujiro where the women were, Yujiro telling him that he does not bring them out for losers like him and Fale.
Owens can't understand the accent so too sweets him.

FahCkDA.gif

This is just so sweet Naito <3

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah because technically Chaos, Bullet Club, Suzuki Gun, and LIJ are all "heels"

But it is better to think of them as "gangs" .
They serve their own purposes

Chaos? Okada, Ishii, Nakamura (well when he was there) Chaos? Heels? o_O

Chaos? Okada, Ishii, Nakamura (well when he was there) Chaos? Heels? o_O

They also have guys like Yano who's offence is 90% cheatery and Yoshi-Hashi who's one of the least likable people on the planet. I get the impression that they formed as heels but then all the other factions that came to be (BC, LIJ, SG) were all more heely as a whole.

fury

I always thought of Chaos and Ryusuke Japan as faces.

Bullet Club and LIJ as heels that happen to be over.

Suzuki-Gun as the most true heel group.

edit: meant Taguchi Japan, I am barely awake right now

They also have guys like Yano who's offence is 90% cheatery and Yoshi-Hashi who's one of the least likable people on the planet. I get the impression that they formed as heels but then all the other factions that came to be (BC, LIJ, SG) were all more heely as a whole.

But Yano's heel work is literally face Eddie's

People want him to cheat. They cheer for him to do it.

Foggy

On the morality spectrum, LIJ is closer to heel than tweener. Naito spits, they intimidate refs, they cheat in tag matches. People just think they're really cool.

But Yano's heel work is literally face Eddie's

People want him to cheat. They cheer for him to do it.

I agree that there's parallels (though Yano cheats way more) and that the crowd cheer for it, but the crowds cheer for Naito too despite him spitting, treating titles like shit etc... Heel/face in NJPW seems to be more about style than how people should react to them?

The one downside of this G1 is how it's making me appreciate Elgin.

I agree that there's parallels (though Yano cheats way more) and that the crowd cheer for it, but the crowds cheer for Naito too despite him spitting, treating titles like shit etc... Heel/face in NJPW seems to be more about style than how people should react to them?

Heel/face is just a suggestion in NJPW basically

Foggy

All he does is have great singles matches
except against Cody

Hex

Banned
Oh man, Juice is either messed up or he's doing some godlike selling before the match

If I was an mma fighter I would totally tape up a knee or a shoulder randomly before every fight to direct where my opponent would focus.

Top Bottom