• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NJPW G1 Climax 27 [OT] It's a Real-Life Tournament Arc!!!!!

so if Im reading the standings correctly, finals has to be a combination of Naito/Tanahashi v Okada/Omega correct?

I want Naito v Omega with Naito winning, there is zero chance Omega would win 2 G1s back to back right?

Barring a double DQ or double countout, yes.

If that happens in Naito/Tanahashi, then Fale or Ibushi could technically win on some weird tiebreakers.

But that's not going to happen, so in all essence it's down to a final four.

there is zero chance Omega would win 2 G1s back to back right?
uSuL2UQ.gif

Raw64life

I wouldn't say zero chance, but as long as Kenny beats Okada at the G1, he has a claim to a future title match even if he doesn't beat Naito. I'd say Naito needs the win more.

I also don't know if they wanna do Omega/Okada again as the main event, especially with Omega not under a long term contract again.

Anth0ny

I caught up. I've been behind since day 1, but I finally caught up. I will be watching live the next 3 days :)

And HOLY FUCK OKADA VS SUZUKI WHAT A GOD DAMN MATCH

Here's the final card for tomorrow's Block A finals.

(1) Hirai Kawato, Tomoyuki Oka & Katsuya Kitamura vs. Minoru Suzuki, El Desperado & Taichi
(2) Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa vs. SANADA & BUSHI
(3) Satoshi Kojima & Juice Robinson vs. EVIL & Hiromu Takahashi
(4) Raymond Rowe, Hanson, Michael Elgin, Ryusuke Taguchi & Ricochet vs. Cody, Hangman Page, Chase Owens, Matt & Nick Jackson
(5) Kazuchika Okada & Toru Yano vs. Kenny Omega & Yujiro Takahashi
(6) G1 A BLOCK MATCH: Yuji Nagata vs. Bad Luck Fale
(7) G1 A BLOCK MATCH: Togi Makabe vs. YOSHI-HASHI
(8) G1 A BLOCK MATCH: Tomohiro Ishii vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
(9) G1 A BLOCK MATCH: Hirooki Goto vs. Kota Ibushi
(10) G1 A BLOCK MATCH: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Tetsuya Naito

Anth0ny

Random stat from Reddit, number of singles matches in 2017 for all participants in the G1:

Zack Sabre Jr 68
Michael Elgin 55
Yuji Nagata 19
YOSHI-HASHI 18
Tomohiro Ishii 17
Kenny Omega 16
Hirooki Goto 16
Kazuchika Okada 15
Juice Robinson 15
Minoru Suzuki 14
Hiroshi Tanahashi 14
Tetsuya Naito 14
Bad Luck Fale 14
EVIL 12
Kota Ibushi 12
SANADA 10
Toru Yano 10
Satoshi Kojima 10
Tama Tonga 9
Togi Makabe 8

ZSJ and Big Mike are mad men.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
I'm feeling a bit sleepy which is good because that means I'll be awake watching the shows.

A bit of advice if you're planning to avoid spoilers and are not watching live: Avoid the NJPW World front page from now on!

Use the schedule page instead. There will be links to the shows as soon as it's up on demand.

If it's anything like the previous years, they'll put up the block winners on the front as soon as the show is over. The front page spoiled me in 2015. Don't make the same mistake I did!

Hex

Banned
I do not think that you can help eventually liking War Machine.
They are just fun to watch especially for big greasy hosses

Hex

Banned
Looked like Kenny even asking him about it, and then leaving the ring.
Good work if it is, if it is a shoot then Okada is the man for fighting through it to finish this out.

miserable

It is not Gedo.
I will be honest, I would bet everything I have left on Nagata telling them he wants it that way.
It is the way he is.
He put over his student.

yeah you are probably right, but I'm angry and I can't direct my anger at Nagata

Top Bottom