• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NO GIRLFRIEND, no expectations about it...

baphomet

Being alone fucking rules.

Being with someone CAN also fucking rule.

Just enjoy whatever situation you're in. If you're not happy where you are do something to change it.

Hudo

And remember: On the first date, ask her what her favorite Quake 3 map is. If she answers DM17 or DM6, she's wife material.

BlackTron

Being alone fucking rules.

Being with someone CAN also fucking rule.

Just enjoy whatever situation you're in. If you're not happy where you are do something to change it.

Grass is always greener as they say. Feel bored, get a woman, then turn into Al Bundy in five minutes

Drake

There's nothing worse than being lonely and in a relationship. That is way worse than being single and lonely. Take it from a guy who has experienced both.

Easier said then done, but try find hobbies and just enjoy being who you are. I'm not saying a relationship will happen if you do these things because IMO as a man you have to be active in trying to make that happen, but if you have hobbies and a fulfilling life it'll make your day to day experience 1000 times better.

The 2 biggest things that helped me were reading books (any book it doesn't matter. Fiction, non-fiction, whatever) it stimulates the mind and I've found it can take you out of bad places mentally. And go to the gym (which I know you already mentioned). Not saying you need to be a body builder, but just getting out of the house and getting some physical activity does wonders for your mental health as well as your physical.

I can't say I know what it's like to deal with BPD and that is definitely a tough struggle, but I really do believe the key to getting out of a dark place mentally is to exercise both your mind and your body. It'll be hard at first, no denying that, but the results are worth it.

There's nothing worse than being lonely and in a relationship. That is way worse than being single and lonely. Take it from a guy who has experienced both.

lol, this resonates with me big time and is 100% correct. I also suspect it is a key factor in why I stay single, it is difficult to put yourself out there after experiencing something like that.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
It really is so much trouble to filter through all the snakes to find someone quality who will build a relationship for reasons other than exploiting your success. Especially in view of how much you can lose and how much misery you can get locked into going through if you make your bet on the wrong one after all that effort, I can totally understand why some guys just give up on the idea and "have fun" in perpetuity.
Fun story… I think that women know fully well what most men seek and purposefully act more feminine and less aggressive at the beginning of the relationship. But once the guy is hooked the act is dropped very fast and the “you do what I tell you to” personality comes through.

Happened to me a couple of times. Crazy…

nush

Fun story… I think that women know fully well what most men seek and purposefully act more feminine and less aggressive at the beginning of the relationship. But once the guy is hooked the act is dropped very fast and the “you do what I tell you to” personality comes through.

yeah, I think so. That's why I sweat them out for a long time before they are allowed to get mixed up in my life where that attitude could be a problem. They can't keep up the lil miss nice act for too long if they are faking.

Bartski

Gold Member
I'm a huge proponent of open relationships, it's difficult to find partners that are ok with it but once you do it's almost like filtering all the bad stuff from a relationship and keeping all the fun.

You know, I'm too ugly and stupid to ever have a girlfriend but what's a funny thing is I no longer care. I don't even want one.

It's one of those things I just passed me up. I feel good not giving a shit anymore. In fact, I kind of like the distance myself from most people but especially not concerned about having a girlfriend any longer.

Last edited:

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
You know, I'm too ugly and stupid to ever have a girlfriend but what's a funny thing is I no longer care. I don't even want one.

It's one of those things I just passed me up. I feel good not giving a shit anymore. In fact, I kind of like the distance myself from most people but especially not concerned about having a girlfriend any longer.
Having a girlfriend isn't something a normal guy should shoot for.

It's just something that happens once you've laid some good pipe and she tries to put you on lock.

Hip Hop

It really is so much trouble to filter through all the snakes to find someone quality who will build a relationship for reasons other than exploiting your success. Especially in view of how much you can lose and how much misery you can get locked into going through if you make your bet on the wrong one after all that effort, I can totally understand why some guys just give up on the idea and "have fun" in perpetuity.
Woman think I'm fucking anything so it makes it more interesting talking to them as if I would give it up that easy to them, but it makes it for a good back and forth, that's about it. You also get co-workers trying to hook you up with their daughters or family and friends trying to hook me up with someone as if I was so desperate or needed help.

No, I just want a quality woman. I want to start a family with someone with good qualities of a mother, thats's why I literally worked on myself, for this shit lol

. I don't want a party girl, I don't want toxicity, and I just have no idea where took for that now, maybe church is the last resort?

The past few months I've just gotten married woman, or that have boyfriends, as if I wouldn't know.

And then you get woman that want you, and they try to play a persona off to fit what you are looking for when it's truly not them, it's the worst.

I don't do social media or online dating so I may have to bite the bullet for that but then I'll just fall into another senseless hole, that of online dating, like everyone else.

I swear dating was different 10 years ago. Something changed definitely.

Last edited:
Top Bottom