• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Halo 4 for 2013's MLG circuit

ZZMitch

Oh well, won't stop me from playing and enjoying it immensely. I have finally found the pure bliss that is Big Team Battle.

Conor 419

Banned
Because it is annoying. More people have noticed this and it adds nothing to the discussion.

People are passionate about IP's they have a history with, even a relatively young IP like Halo. Just imagine if something like Mario or Zelda fell so far from grace, it would be carnage.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Happened with Halo Reach. Not surprised. It does suck however,

Looking forward to AGL Next weekend.

TheOddOne

People are passionate about IP's they have a history with, even a relatively young IP like Halo. Just imagine if something like Mario or Zelda fell so far from grace, it would be carnage.
Yes, but do you have to make 11 posts in one thread to say it's dead? Really? Fucking making one huge post and then leave. Fuck, would that not be more effective? I really can't believe you are defending that type of behavior. It's garbage.

Xav

Halo 4 sure does seem to get a lot of hate around here these days. For what it's worth I enjoyed Halo 4, in fact it's my favourite Halo game. Multiplayer could use a title update and some better maps but overall I still like it. Can't wait to see what 343i do with Halo 5 on Xbox 720 now that they've shipped a game and should be more experienced next time round.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, but do you have to make 11 posts in one thread to say it's dead? Really? Fucking making one huge post and then leave. Fuck, would that not be more effective? I really can't believe you are defending that type of behavior. It's garbage.

There's always someone who will.
Making 11 posts seems really dumb if you're just going to say the same thing, I get he wants to get his opinion across, but that's just silly.

One post is not enough. Forums are to post multiple times.

Conor 419

Banned
they already have.

Like fuck they have, the Mario IP is the strongest its ever been.

They are not the same post.

gururoji

Yea i guess you are right but if i were type why it's bad down to each detail it seriously will take forever.

Yeah, that makes sense. Maybe like a sentence that ties some of your views to the topic though?

For me, I've only played Halo 4 a couple of times and I thought the multiplayer was really fun. But based on a few things I saw and a lot of other people's observations, I can see how it might not be as watertight as, say, Halo 3, so it's not terribly surprising that they didn't choose it for MLG.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So Virgin gaming stole Halo from MLG, and MLG acts like they dropped Halo? Is that right?

You seem to be moderating everyone you holds negativity on Halo 4. Please, it's ok to admit that Halo 4 is bad game.

He's really not, but alright. You still seem to lack the concept of an opinion.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Yeah, that makes sense. Maybe like a sentence that ties some of your views to the topic though?

For me, I've only played Halo 4 a couple of times and I thought the multiplayer was really fun. But based on a few things I saw and a lot of other people's observations, I can see how it might not be as watertight as, say, Halo 3, so it's not terribly surprising that they didn't choose it for MLG.

They didn't choose it because Microsoft decided not to co-operate with them.

MLG had like zero choice in the whole thing. They could not and can not run Halo 4 without Microsoft's support.

Zeal

Banned
Great news. For too long MLG have held back the evolution of Halo.

Halo 4 is the most enjoyable MP for me since Halo CE outside some technical issues.
Agreed, H4 is hands down the best Halo, both campaign and multilayer since CE. I'd actually say H4 has the absolute best and most enjoyable multilayer of any shooter right now. CoD doesn't even come close, and I play both.

The fact that all maps are massive only adds to the fun, especially big team battle with vehicles going crazy on both sides. CoD will never be able to capture the charm and mindless fun that Halo's multiplayer has always brought.

MormaPope

Banned
MLG is not Halo.

Some people just don't know how to convey or communicate ideas. Basing Halo 4's quality on player count, whether or not it's at pro gaming tourneys or whatever weird scale people want to use.

I'd love to see assertions and criticism on Halo 4 alone. Not Halo 4 compared to past Halo's, not just spewing the same "it's trying to be CoD" drivel, just thoughts and assertions based on just Halo 4.

I want opinions on why it's a bad game, not why it betrayed the Halo bible of design philosophy.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
You seem to be moderating everyone you holds negativity on Halo 4. Please, it's ok to admit that Halo 4 is bad game.

I think his point is valid, and what the hell is wrong with thinking Halo 4 is a great or good game? Nothing.

eot

Banned
I'm reading a book (Game Boys by Michael Kane) that mentions all of this stuff. It's incredibly interesting. I came into this thread wondering if Counter-Strike was still played in gaming competitions.

There were several teams will full time paid players as late as 2012, but when CS:GO took over all the tournaments switched to that.

antitrop

I don't even see how the quality of the game was brought into question in the first place.

This is about viewership, eSports, and sponsorship dollars.

Kinda shocking. Would be a shame if it was replaced with CoD though which I think is a terrible competitive shooter. I'd like to see CS GO but I doubt they would use it as the console shooter.

gururoji

MLG had like zero choice in the whole thing. They could not and can not run Halo 4 without Microsoft's support.

Co-operate how? Serious question, I don't know what you're referring to (since the OP is just a tweet).

antitrop

Sundance is a business man and he will give the viewers what they want to watch.

Halo just isn't it, anymore. Welcome your new MOBA overlords and everything else sitting in the shadows for a few years.

Conor 419

Banned

Astute observation.

I agree that the constant criticism can be seen as frustrating, but it's a two sided coin, a lot of the defenders are similar if not worse. It's a constant battle that probably wont end for a year or so, but that's what happens when a top tier IP is on a highway to death.

Persona7

Banned
I see this as a good thing because those MLG assholes were always a blabbering into the mic and complaining about everything.

FyreWulff

They're also a publically traded company. As such, you must always seek profits. If you have one company coming to you but you need to pay them to use your game as an advertisement for their company, or another one that will pay YOU to use your game as an advertisement for your company, due diligence would default to the one that pays you.

And really, MLG has squashed companies and groups smaller than them by always demanding exclusive rights to games they stream. This time they just ran into a bigger boot than the one they were wearing.

Sundance is a business man and he will give the viewers what they want to watch.

Halo just isn't it, anymore. Welcome your new MOBA overlords and everything else sitting in the shadows for a few years.

Sundance led the MLG Halo fans on even after he knew Virgin had acquired the exclusive rights and big turnout for H4 matches. People wanted to watch MLG Halo 4. His VC money isn't endless though.

Mikey Jr.

Man, what is with all the Halo 4 bashing?

I have still yet to play it for the simple reason I don't want to pay for live. Does Halo 4 comes with a trial for live?

Some people just don't know how to convey or communicate ideas. Basing Halo 4's quality on player count, whether or not it's at pro gaming tourneys or whatever weird scale people want to use.

I'd love to see assertions and criticism on Halo 4 alone. Not Halo 4 compared to past Halo's, not just spewing the same "it's trying to be CoD" drivel, just thoughts and assertions based on just Halo 4.

I want opinions on why it's a bad game, not why it betrayed the Halo bible of design philosophy.

This goes to most games these days, not even just Halo 4. Everyone thinks copying games and mashing it in works.

Top Bottom