• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Halo 4 for 2013's MLG circuit

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
i really, really, really do not like halo 4

and i don't like people saying its because sci-fi games have trouble... i don't believe that. maybe, just maybe, halo 4 failed at most things outside of looking amazing. i played it for a week and haven't touched it since. i don't even know if there's one thing that i could point out either.
Yeah, he has a bit of an agenda.

an agenda that he's disappointed in halo 4

heresy

MormaPope

Banned
Astute observation.

I agree that the constant criticism can be seen as frustrating, but it's a two sided coin, a lot of the defenders are similar if not worse. It's a constant battle that probably wont end for a year or so, but that's what happens when a top tier IP is essentially killed.

You're acting as if Halo 4 was a Devil May Cry 2 type of sequel.

That's just fucking sad :lol

I enjoyed every Halo so far - even H4

If you really think "it's a disgrace" and "garbage", then you haven't played many games. Maybe it's not on the same level as your personal favorite in the franchise, but it's still a very good made game and I have great fun with it - and I'm not the only one

Well i love the franchise a lot so of course i will call it a disgrace. Never have i seen a franchise being as ruined and i have seen many. I still hope they can turn it around with Halo 5.

TheOddOne

You seem to be moderating everyone you holds negativity on Halo 4. Please, it's ok to admit that Halo 4 is bad game. Anyway MLG will obviously move to where the money is and sadly it's not Halo anymore.
Where did I say it wasn't valid to say Halo 4 is not a bad game? That is what most you don't understand, 11 post to say basically the same thing is stupid. It is trolling. It stops being a relevent opinion when you basically start shoving it down peoples throats while using juvenile language to get your point across.

You live in some fantasy world where people praise Halo 4 all day in the HaloGAF threads. It's a myth. You want a decent post I made recently? Here.

Spawnling

Well, I guess that's that.

Unreal_Tournament_3.jpg

BRING IT BACK

DY_nasty

Where did I say it wasn't valid to say Halo 4 is not a bad game? That is what most you don't understand, 11 post to say basically the same thing is stupid. It is trolling. It stops being a relevent opinion when you basically start shoving it down peoples throats while using juvenile language to get your point across.
Its not indoctrination.

Conor 419

Banned

Juvenile language, care to specify?

I also like how 'the same thing' is now 'basically the same thing'.

Zeal

Banned
Well i love the franchise a lot so of course i will call it a disgrace. Never have i seen a franchise being as ruined and i have seen many. I still hope they can turn it around with Halo 5.

Are you fucking kidding or just trying to start a massive flame war? What do you mean ruined? Halo 4 scored amazingly everywhere and was not only called a worthy successor but improved on everything Bungie envisioned. The campaign was incredible and multiplayer is easily the best since CE.

I know you can't be serious so I'll just let it go.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
Its not indoctrination.

It's really dumb though.

Are you fucking kidding or just trying to start a massive flame war? What do you mean ruined? Halo 4 scored amazingly everywhere and was not only called a worthy successor but improved on everything Bungie envisioned. The campaign was incredible and multiplayer is easily the best since CE.

Why can't he be serious? He's just sharing his opinion.
You liked Halo 4. fantastic, I love it too but him saying he doesn't doesn't mean he's starting a flame war.

Nibel

This is fine and I respect that - but you can't call people wrong because they have their own opinion that doesn't overlap with yours (of course you didn't say it like that, but reading your previous posts in this thread you didn't seem to respect Proelite's opinion)

I can see what many veterans hate about Halo 4 and maybe I would feel the same way if I was focused on the franchise as heavily as you - but as a gamer who plays a lot of different genres, I must say that overall Halo 4 has a cool campaign and a multiplayer which can be enjoyed in short bursts.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
What does this even mean? Everything I post here is by implication my opinion unless indicated otherwise. I don't have to tag every post with "IMO" or words to that effect. I think you'd agree that would be rather cumbersome. If I disagree with someone I disagree with their opinion therefore I think their wrong on a particular matter. It's pointless to bring up this opinion line over and over.

This

Please, it's ok to admit that Halo 4 is bad game.

Contradicts your statement above. You are basically insinuating that Halo being bad is a fact and he's just running from the truth. Not that you are sharing an opinion. Not picking on you, this is just what I see.

Conor 419

Banned
Have you played the multiplayer?

• No default basic weapon spawns
  • No File Sharing
  • Worse forge
  • No Asymmetric gametypes
  • No Eggheads allowed
  • Instant respawn
  • Non-functioning features like final killcams
  • Level glitches
  • Boltshot
  • BOLTSHOT
  • and many many more

Emphasis on Spartan IV's, whom alone do more than their fair share in representing the increasing loss in soullessness of Halo.

I'm dead serious and those reviews mean nothing to be as i know they aren't true fans of the series. The campaign is uninspired with terrible character design and the story is convoluted. It's also very repetitive having you push switches and quick time buttons. The multiplayer is putrid in every sense of the word. Now weapons spawn randomly causing an imbalance to the gameplay. That is not even mentioning the perks,loadouts and kill streaks adding even more randomness. That is just the start too,i don't want to write a book.

DY_nasty

Now your opinion is greater than his opinion.

(especially since game reviews are lol now too)

• No File Sharing
  • Worse forge
  • No Eggheads allowed
  • Instant respawn
  • Level glitches
  • Boltshot
  • BOLTSHOT
  • and many many more
They can't even get updates out properly and they've got completely broken game modes as well. MP is a mess and the UI is an eyesore.

I'm sure someone on GAF has made some sort of huge "Why I hate this game" list by now.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member

• No File Sharing
  • Worse forge
  • No Eggheads allowed
  • Instant respawn
  • Level glitches
  • Boltshot
  • BOLTSHOT
  • and many many more

Oh yeah they changed the multiplayer a little bit, it's really not that diffrent compared to previous Halo's

Orayn

Oh yeah they changed the multiplayer a little bit, it's really not that diffrent compared to previous Halo's

Old Halo games were fundamentally fair in that any advantage you had came from being better at the game. This one has unlocks and perks and gameplay-affecting specializations that you can't access yet if you didn't buy the special edition.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
Old Halo games were fundamentally fair in that any advantage you had came from being better at the game. This one has unlocks and perks and gameplay-affecting specializations that you can't access yet if you didn't buy the special edition.

Yes, HUGE change to the series, I didn't even know it was a Halo game at first.

I'm dead serious and those reviews mean nothing to be as i know they aren't true fans of the series.
This "true fans" shit really is the worst. Halo is much bigger than any individual group here and caters to far more than just one or another competitive community. Stinkles said it himself before Halo 4 released that more than 50% of players don't even try the versus multiplayer. Let that sink in a bit...

Please realize that Halo, at its core, is different for different players, and the series has had notable changes between installments even when it was all under Bungie.

MormaPope

Banned
I'm dead serious and those reviews mean nothing to be as i know they aren't true fans of the series.

Oh, so you're speaking for the true fans now. Gotcha.

The campaign is uninspired with terrible character design and the story is convoluted.
I'll agree on the convoluted story, character models look much better and more alive.

It's also very repetitive having you push switches and quick time buttons.
Yeah, because past Halos had a lot of puzzle solving and you never held the X button to push a button before. There were also two quick time events through the entire game.

The multiplayer is putrid in every sense of the word. Now weapons spawn randomly causing an imbalance to the gameplay.
The BR and DMR can dispose of enemies from a long range, power weapons are now used in the moment rather than being a main battle plan. The randomness doesn't change the usefulness of the power weapon, just how you use it.

That is not even mentioning the perks,loadouts and kill streaks adding even more randomness. That is just the start too,i don't want to write a book.
Perks literally change one or two aspects, none of them are really overpowered. Armor abilities have been improved greatly from Reach.

Prothean vision doesn't make bad players good. Ordinance drops aren't even in any of the objective gametypes, also once again the base weapons you start with can dispose of people very easily. Why do loadouts in of itself make the game worst?

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
This "true fans" shit really is the worst. Halo is much bigger than any individual group here and caters to far more than just one or another competitive community. Stinkles said it himself before Halo 4 released that more than 50% of players don't even try the versus multiplayer. Let that sink in a bit...

Please realize that Halo, at its core, is different for different players, and the series has had notable changes between installments even when it was all under Bungie.

Blizzards support of MLG with Starcraft 2 is good for the series in terms of sales and mind-share by keeping the game competitive and interesting to watch, True or False?

I rest my case.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Blizzards support of MLG with Starcraft 2 is good for the series in terms of sales and mind-share by keeping the game competitive and interesting to watch, True or False?

I rest my case.
Haven't a bunch of people said already that Virgin got the competitive stuff?

MormaPope

Banned

I rest my case.

MLG raised Halo awareness and sales?

Halo 2 put MLG on the map for FPS console tourneys, MLG didn't make or break Halo at all.

I rest my case.
OK? I'm all for more competitive options on top of the base game. But just because its not on MLG or not being treated as a true e-sport doesn't really matter to my own enjoyment of the game. Maybe it would if I was being paid to play or stream it, but that's not the case.

Halo 2 put MLG on the map for FPS console tourneys, MLG didn't make or break Halo at all.
This too.

feel

Respect for MLG, Halo multiplayer has been turned into total garbage now and continuing to force it into the events just because of how glorious the original trilogy was doesn't make sense.

DY_nasty

It's really frustrating to read people's posts about "I don't want to hear Halo 4 is bad because it's being called a CoD-clone or compared to other Halos! I want to hear why it's bad on its own merits!". And yet, there have been articles posted time and time again that dissect and analyze Halo 4 multiplayer, along with thought-out and objective posts from many here(especially in the OTs) that show how the game is fundamentally flawed in the competitive sense.

DaBoss

I wonder why. wasn't there something about microsoft not allowing them to upload their videos to youtube? or maybe I'm confusing two different things.
What you're thinking about is MS not allowing YouTubers who don't have any sort of deal with MS to earn money off of Halo 4 videos. I doubt that has to do with anything.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Haven't a bunch of people said already that Virgin got the competitive stuff?

Virgin is running a (crappy) contest in the game.

It's like advertising to people who've already got your game. What's the point? Pretty sure Blizzard does both anyway.

This isn't exactly a condemnation of the competitiveness of Halo 4 sadly, people will still be able to slither around the fact that it looks like MLG tried to get a hold of it to play it. IMO if they really wanted it they would've got it. If not, then 343/MS is stupid for not supporting it and clearly don't know what they're doing anyway. There's no saving face here.

If the entire point of any sort of competition like the Virgin one or the MLG one is to boost sales/retention for DLC, then how come the player count keeps steadily dropping? It's clearly not working. The numbers don't lie, they dun goof'd.

Fact is is it's unplayable as a competitive shooter. Anyone with any sort of knowledge knows that. It's like saying the NBA should play like the Harlem Globetrotters. It's fleeting at best.

If instant respawns is so good, how come every Halo gametype MLG has ever played didn't use it?

MormaPope

Banned
It's really frustrating to read people's posts about "I don't want to hear Halo 4 is bad because it's being called a CoD-clone or compared to other Halos! I want to hear why it's bad on its own merits!". And yet, there have been articles posted time and time again that dissect and analyze Halo 4 multiplayer, along with thought-out and objective posts from many here(especially in the OTs) that show how the game is fundamentally flawed in the competitive sense.

This thread has none of that.

So many casual Halo Fans defending Halo 4... nothing new. No wonder it got those "high" review scores.

Seriously?

GrizzNKev

Banned
These last few Halo threads have made it more and more apparent that 343 achieved their goal with Halo 4 in finding a new audience and dumping their old one. Unfortunately their new one seems to be much smaller than their old one, made up mostly of tired CoD converts. Though it seems that exactly who they wanted.

It's worse than getting dumped via text because I spent a bunch of money on it. Can't fool me again.

Top Bottom