• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky E3 trailers

I've watched a few vids and from what I can tell the main drive is to explore and gather resources for upgrading both your suit and ship. The last interview on IGN I watched they mentioned the old PC/Commodore 64 game Elite and that you'll be open to how you play... more of a pirate, straight/legit resource gathering, etc.

The head guy from Hello Games also mentioned that there's lore to the universe but they're not talking about it and want the players to discover and explore and theorize on their own. I'm assuming he's talking about the black monolith with the red beating heart type thing that's part of the the No Man's Sky logo.

This all sounds so good. Trying to keep my hype in check for this one. Is there a hint of a release window yet?

Carn82

I've watched a few vids and from what I can tell the main drive is to explore and gather resources for upgrading both your suit and ship. The last interview on IGN I watched they mentioned the old PC/Commodore 64 game Elite and that you'll be open to how you play... more of a pirate, straight/legit resource gathering, etc.

The head guy from Hello Games also mentioned that there's lore to the universe but they're not talking about it and want the players to discover and explore and theorize on their own. I'm assuming he's talking about the black monolith with the red beating heart type thing that's part of the the No Man's Sky logo.

I believe the main goal is to reach the galactic centre. Every player starts at/on a planet located in the rim, and they have to travel inwards and will need resources to progress.

Muzzy

Is this MMO or online at all in any way?

Not really an MMO but yes you'll be able to meet other players but the universe's so huge you will quickly lose them without being able to find them back. It's about exploration and survival, other players are exploring the same world in parallel.

TheMan

i'm getting the sense that this game is going to be similar to FTL in a lot of ways, but with much more fleshed out exploration

Top Bottom