• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky |OT| Hello Worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

I've been searching but I have found nothing. I play this game through Steam Family Sharing. The owner of the game is my brother. Well, all my discovers have been taken by him. I am the owner while I'm playing, but the moment I restart the game, everything is taken by him.

Anyone else with this thing? I've stopped playing because I don't know if that could affect my progress. I'm very sad because I was really enjoying the game.

Bliany

Really happy with how the game is looking now with a couple mods. Not sure what those artifacts are though. Probably a shader glitch.
e4I78Zj.png

Septimius

I saw a couple of mods for the PC that really sharpens up the textures. Definitely gonna have to play this on PC some time in the future.

I'm at the end of the Atlas Path but I sold my first Atlas Stone ages ago. Assuming I can find another one on the market, how will I find an atlas station again? The guys in the Anomaly no longer have the option to put me back on the path.

I just finished the Atlas Path and have a couple of questions.
They seemed to suggest another traveller starting their journey at the new star. Is this indicating something to do with multiplayer?

Also, I was kinda expecting their to be more of a reward, as all it did was lead me to another black hole. Am I missing something here?

Ferr986

I just finished the Atlas Path and have a couple of questions.
They seemed to suggest another traveller starting their journey at the new star. Is this indicating something to do with multiplayer?

Also, I was kinda expecting their to be more of a reward, as all it did was lead me to another black hole. Am I missing something here?

No, and No. Atlas path is about
you're creating a new star lore-wise, but you can't even reach it.

Xenthar

I'm at the end of the Atlas Path but I sold my first Atlas Stone ages ago. Assuming I can find another one on the market, how will I find an atlas station again? The guys in the Anomaly no longer have the option to put me back on the path.

I have the same problem, I now have my 10 atlas stone but cant seem to find an atlas interface =(

TP-DK

I found a planet with no life on it, and filled with those balls you can sell for 27.000. I spend the last two hours there grabbing them, running from the sentinels and selling them. Nearly made two million so far, and apparently thw planet also counts towards the suvival challenge.

So I have played around 8 hours of No Man's Sky and I only got it on Friday. That is quite a lot for me since the only game I usually only put that much time into at once is Pokemon.
I having a lot of fun playing on my laptop. and it seems to be running fine so far. I want to say a few impressions.

I am playing it completely peaceful, never killing any animals and never engaging in any combat with pirates or sentinels. All I do is just explore and mine enough to stay alive and do whatever quest pops up in the corner, but I am wondering about a couple things.

1. How come when I pick up a venom sac or another similar item it immediately sets off a level three sentinel? It's really annoying. l know these are valuable resources but it seems extreme for one item to make the level go from zero to three in an instant, compared to mining a big chunk of rock and not setting them off at all. Then when I go in a shelter or trading post it immediately deactivates them, where it seems like I should at least have to leave the planet or fly to a new area for them to forget about me. So in light of this, I have decided to exploit it. I pick up a sac, set off the sentinels, run to a shelter, sentinels deactivate, sell the item and then do it again. The planet I am on now has them everywhere so I am making a lot of money.

2. There was a notification telling me to go to an anomaly nearby. So I flew out there and it is just this sphere that I couldn't figure out how to interact with and I was immediately surrounded by pirates so I had to run away. Is it a trap? or am I supposed to do something with it?

Ferr986

The saving glitch is starting to really piss me off. HG needs to fix this like right now

Landed on an area. Now I can't take off back because my ship starts to break because some collision with the terrain. If I die, it happens again.

Now I have to find an outpost with that summoning ship thingy....

Two interesting things:

1) I found one of those warp monuments from the trailers but it was dead and seemingly no way to activate. No way to interact with it at all, actually. Took a couple screenies. Not sure if anybody else has found one?

2) Landed on a planet with huge square/cube structures. One of them had a perfect empty square inside it. So like, if you drew a square on paper without filling in the centre.

The edge was big enough for me to land on. The structure was not destructible. So what... if I fell in the centre there would be no way out. Got screens of that too.

Guaranteed to screw yourself if you fell in there?

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Two interesting things:

1) I found one of those warp monuments from the trailers but it was dead and seemingly no way to activate. No way to interact with it at all, actually. Took a couple screenies. Not sure if anybody else has found one?

2) Landed on a planet with huge square/cube structures. One of them had a perfect empty square inside it. So like, if you drew a square on paper without filling in the centre.

The edge was big enough for me to land on. The structure was not destructible. So what... if I fell in the centre there would be no way out. Got screens of that too.

Guaranteed to screw yourself if you fell in there?

You can climb walls with the jetpack forever so you shouldn't be able to get stuck.

The saving glitch is starting to really piss me off. HG needs to fix this like right now

Landed on an area. Now I can't take off back because my ship starts to break because some collision with the terrain. If I die, it happens again.

Now I have to find an outpost with that summoning ship thingy....

Or I think you can load a previous save from the options menu. The game keeps the two last save files just in case.

KORNdoggy

So I have played around 8 hours of No Man's Sky and I only got it on Friday. That is quite a lot for me since the only game I usually only put that much time into at once is Pokemon.
I having a lot of fun playing on my laptop. and it seems to be running fine so far. I want to say a few impressions.

I am playing it completely peaceful, never killing any animals and never engaging in any combat with pirates or sentinels. All I do is just explore and mine enough to stay alive and do whatever quest pops up in the corner, but I am wondering about a couple things.

1. How come when I pick up a venom sac or another similar item it immediately sets off a level three sentinel? It's really annoying. l know these are valuable resources but it seems extreme for one item to make the level go from zero to three in an instant, compared to mining a big chunk of rock and not setting them off at all. Then when I go in a shelter or trading post it immediately deactivates them, where it seems like I should at least have to leave the planet or fly to a new area for them to forget about me. So in light of this, I have decided to exploit it. I pick up a sac, set off the sentinels, run to a shelter, sentinels deactivate, sell the item and then do it again. The planet I am on now has them everywhere so I am making a lot of money.

2. There was a notification telling me to go to an anomaly nearby. So I flew out there and it is just this sphere that I couldn't figure out how to interact with and I was immediately surrounded by pirates so I had to run away. Is it a trap? or am I supposed to do something with it?

the anomaly has a door. it stays closed until you approach is then you can enter. it's how you get the atlas pass.

Ferr986

Or I think you can load a previous save from the options menu. The game keeps the two last save files just in case.

If I reload my last save I get hit with the saving glitch, where the game just won't save even after leaving your ship.

So basically my 2 saves are useless. The inly thing I can do is finding that summoning ship thing or else I can't play anymore. Worst is that this planet is cold as fuck and I can't see any caves so I dunno if I can make it....

Several fun things from my recent playthroughs:

1) My second system has 4 planets, 2 moons and a space station but I can not for the life of my find the second moon and it's driving me crazy.

2) I finally figured out how to feed the animals and oh my god they go bonkers. There are some goofy looking duck dinos on one of my planets and they dance around when fed, and there are these weird dog-like creatures with heads like flies that run around like a dog waiting for food.

3) Unless it's on the moon I can't find, there is NO Chryswhatever in this system ANYWHERE. I managed to find my way back to my first system (holy shit they need to make this easier. It's possible but it's really difficult and super easy to get lost among the stars) I'm gonna stock up on it before heading back to the second system to I can make BAAAAAANK because it's really plentiful in my first.

4) In my second system I've decided to start naming planets instead of uploading the prefab names, there's a planet with a TON of Aluminium and Nickel so I've named it Ahloominuhm Neekehl or something similar, gonna start naming all the planets based on what resources they have for any fellow travelers passing through.

5) I fucking love this game so much

Edit: Jesus Fuck I hope that's not some kind of a spoiler Gouda please put that behind a tag or just a link since mobile readers can't do spoilered images.

the anomaly has a door. it stays closed until you approach is then you can enter. it's how you get the atlas pass.
Thanks, I guess I'll go try it again. I've flown around it twice now and didn't find a way in, but maybe the third time is the charm and I'll survive the pirate attack.

Ferr986

HOLY SHIT so after +30 mins walking I reach an outpost with a summong ship device. I get back my ship and fucking game WONT SAVE. My save is fucked and I can't play anymore. No matter what I do either my ship glitches or game won't save.

Fuck this shit.

whyman

HOLY SHIT so after +30 mins walking I reach an outpost with a summong ship device. I get back my ship and fucking game WONT SAVE. My save is fucked and I can't play anymore. No matter what I do either my ship glitches or game won't save.

Fuck this shit.

Reset the time on your PS4. "Sync with internet time." Same problem last night but that worked.

KORNdoggy

Fuck this shit.

i've taken making sure my save is in the cloud every night after playing. just to make sure i'm not losing all my progress.

Septimius

3) Unless it's on the moon I can't find, there is NO Chryswhatever in this system ANYWHERE. I managed to find my way back to my first system (holy shit they need to make this easier. It's possible but it's really difficult and super easy to get lost among the stars) I'm gonna stock up on it before heading back to the second system to I can make BAAAAAANK because it's really plentiful in my first.

You'll find more and faster ways to make money, and you'll regularly come across it, so don't fret about it.

4) In my second system I've decided to start naming planets instead of uploading the prefab names, there's a planet with a TON of Aluminium and Nickel so I've named it Ahloominuhm Neekehl or something similar, gonna start naming all the planets based on what resources they have for any fellow travelers passing through.

I go "Articus <SomeName> AlNiTi" to say that it has Aluminium, Nickel and Titanium, for instance.

Edit: Jesus Fuck I hope that's not some kind of a spoiler Gouda please put that behind a tag or just a link since mobile readers can't do spoilered images.

It's no spoiler.

Matt Frost

After exploring the Universe for a whole week, getting the best ship, multitool and all the suit upgrades, I am going to jump straight to the end of the Atlas path (after collecting the last 4 balls) and then to the center of the universe...

Ferr986

Reset the time on your PS4. "Sync with internet time." Same problem last night but that worked.

Thanks, gonna check it.

i've taken making sure my save is in the cloud every night after playing. just to make sure i'm not losing all my progress.

I do it overnight too, but my last saved cloud is like 2 hours of gameplay. I could roll back but... I did farm a lot to improve my ship in these 2 hours lol

Hi!

I've been searching but I have found nothing. I play this game through Steam Family Sharing. The owner of the game is my brother. Well, all my discovers have been taken by him. I am the owner while I'm playing, but the moment I restart the game, everything is taken by him.

Anyone else with this thing? I've stopped playing because I don't know if that could affect my progress. I'm very sad because I was really enjoying the game.

It's happening to me as well. Eh, discoveries don't really mean much in terms of how you play, and I haven't had any problems with how my progress has worked etc. I think you'll be fine.

Septimius

After exploring the Universe for a whole week, getting the best ship, multitool and all the suit upgrades, I am going to jump straight to the end of the Atlas path (after collecting the last 4 balls) and then to the center of the universe...

I'm near the end of the Atlas path, too. Gonna do that, then get to the center.

KORNdoggy

i love when you find a planet that has tons of grass. i've only found 1 so far, but it made me want to stay there. it had pretty meh resources, but it was the most relaxed planet i've seen

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I'm quite early on, visited just a few planets while playing over the weekend.

I'm curious about weather - I've had warnings about storms approaching, but then not much seems to happen, visually at least. The effect seems to be just dirt rising off the ground in the wind for a few moments.

But I'm wondering, does weather get more dramatic than this on other planets? Will clouds roll in, rain, snow storms on ice planets? Or is it pretty 'tame'?

Sorry, I know this stuff has probably been discussed, but I've been avoiding discussions to date.

Septimius

I'm curious about weather - I've had warnings about storms approaching, but then not much seems to happen, visually at least. The effect seems to be just dirt rising off the ground in the wind for a few moments.

But I'm wondering, does weather get more dramatic than this on other planets? Will clouds roll in, rain, snow storms on ice planets? Or is it pretty 'tame'?

Sorry, I know this stuff has probably been discussed, but I've been avoiding discussions to date.

I've had extremely low visibility, and treacherous weather, fog and rain at -100C.

is there no long necked creatures in the game then?

There absolutely is. It's just that random creatures tend to be not so flattering some times.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I haven't seen anything all that visually interesting tbh, and I've been on a few extreme weather planets.

Lima

Wait for this extreme condition trophy/milestone you have to stay 8 real hours on one planet?

Fuck ain't nobody got time for that.

Loudninja

I am getting this today.

I am excited to see what they add in the next patch which seems to be coming really soon since they are testing it now.

r1chard

Ugh, my ship got "stuck" on takeoff in a floating copper mass that I'd partially mined. Slowly chewed through the shield, and then then health before ejecting me. I couldn't get it unstuck no matter what I did. Now it's partially embedded in the top, though I'd destroyed all the copper I can see. But I need to repair it, and I can't find any damned Zinc :/

Found one of the ship retrieval beacons, but it doesn't work if the ship isn't repaired :/

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
It is now very clear that the (marketing) team from NMS had exaggerate greatly and unfortunately lying. It's disappointing and a bit infuriating that NMS had been such a financial success with this shady strategy and that the game is a failure in every other aspect.

This is a joke post right? Some sort of template of a famous post?

I did something really stupid last night. I accepted a new crashed ship without taking into account the planet I was on. The next two hours was the most survival this survival game's ever gotten for me. All for one extra slot :/

mandiller

I finally found a system already discovered by someone else! It was pretty cool to see that someone had already come by that way.

The planet that they discovered was covered in Gravity Balls, so that was a tidy profit. He left one other planet undiscovered so I check it out and the surface was covered in the exotic element Murrine, and the caves had tons of Vortex Cubes. All in all a great system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom