• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle screenshots

Dascu

For the new page:

Supposedly from the previous Edge magazine:
"It's still too early to tell you everything about the game," says Suda, "but firstly we're going to have more than one playable character - as the scenario unfolds, Shinobu and Henry will become playable and will bring their own styles and cool factor".
hype hype hype

Dizzle24

Dude, if Henry is going to be playable......I have no fucking idea where the story is going now. Hype x 1,000,000,000 Lovikov Balls :D

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Ha, I don't even know what to think of that. As long as Travis doesn't lose the spotlight!

The thought of controlling multiple characters for their different playstyles is cool, but the thought of lots of cut scenes and boss fights without Travis.... boo

Dascu

Clandestine said:
does this sequel dispense with the awful overworld, shitty jobs, and money grind to reach the next job?
They're going to improve the overworld and make it more interesting. I'm not sure how they're going to deal with the jobs though. Suda hasn't mentioned them yet. I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped it (or at least for the other playable characters).

I don't know if any other announcement can top this. Henry was my favorite boss from the first game. I loved his fighting style, and his beam katana was awesome. I'm really looking forward to playing this game.

tim1138

Dascu said:
They're going to improve the overworld and make it more interesting. I'm not sure how they're going to deal with the jobs though. Suda hasn't mentioned them yet. I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped it (or at least for the other playable characters).

Actually in the Nintendo Power interview he says more of the job stuff will be available at the beginning of the game. The side assassination jobs will also tie into the story this time.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Yeah, Suda seemed pretty keen on the side jobs so I expect them to return. But I'm one of the few who didn't mind them, mostly because it only took a first try to get gold and then you never have to play them again.

The news about Henry is so crazy awesome. Knowing Suda there will be a level where we play as Jean :p.

EatChildren said:
Yeah, Suda seemed pretty keen on the side jobs so I expect them to return. But I'm one of the few who didn't mind them, mostly because it only took a first try to get gold and then you never have to play them again.

The news about Henry is so crazy awesome. Knowing Suda there will be a level where we play as Jean :p.

Jeane? His kitten? That would be awesome.
:p

Edit:

Also how can Henry be playable? He's just a handsome foil.

First playable Shinobu... now motherfucking Henry motherfucker? :O

dz801s.gif

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
AceBandage said:
Jeane? His kitten? That would be awesome.
:p

Edit:

Also how can Henry be playable? He's just a handsome foil.
so is Raiden...
OH GAWD i hope Suda has a Naked Raiden parody sequence. that would be SOOOOOO awesome

donkey show said:
First playable Shinobu... now motherfucking Henry motherfucker? :O

http://i43.tinypic.com/dz801s.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
that's SIR Henry Motherfucker to you mister.

ultim8p00 said:
That's such an awesome idea that Nintendo won't do it

Well, you never know.
By the time the next Smash Bros game is out, NMH could very well be a fairly well established franchise.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
AceBandage said:
Well, you never know.
By the time the next Smash Bros game is out, NMH could very well be a fairly well established franchise.
and considering only SAKURAI!!! makes smash bros games, and he has common sense, it'll totally make it in :p

Azure J

Suda's really pulling out all the stops here. Here's hoping he does take Travis into the spotlight, and eventually Smash Bros. Also, I desperately need to play NMH1 now. :lol

ZAK

Travis Touchdown in the next Smash game? Do you think that'll fly if Suda puts the next NHM on a different console like he said?
What if that console is the same one that Smash 4 is on, the Wii Super HD++? :^O

Hypnotoad

Damn, I really need to get a Wii. So many good games are out, but this - as the first one - really has me exited.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Chozo said:
1206133818977.png

Looks like I get to add another "image I got from 4chan that I never thought I'd be able to use in a relevant conversation" to the list.

:lol I'd love a clear avatar version of this

doomed1 said:
so is Raiden...
OH GAWD i hope Suda has a Naked Raiden parody sequence. that would be SOOOOOO awesome

that's SIR Henry Motherfucker to you mister.
Ahem...that's MR. Sir Henry Motherfucker, to you mister!

1. What makes Travis' Schpeletiger new is that it is now twice as long (in addition to the better controls).

2. This has already been verified, but there have been doubts and concerns as to how Grasshopper is going to have 50 unique bosses, from their appearance to actual fighting capabilities. Suda explains to EDGE that basically there is nothing to worry about as they incorporated both the original NMH development team and the NMH2 team (many members being of both teams including the character creator) to brainstorm and according to Suda they had no problems shooting out several ideas and characters from that.

3. The name of the "schoolgirl assassin" we all know about is Kimmy. How appropriate. Suda also mentions that Kimmy wants to keep Travis "all to her self." Possible Misery references?

4. At the end of every boss fight, a 2D image of Travis will walk from one end of the screen to the other to hop onto the Schpeletiger and drive off, accompanied by some new piece of midi music.

5. The idea of Travis using other weapons, even projectiles, was considered by Suda, but ultimately canned as Suda says that the sword/beam katana is what Travis should always use. Suda calls Travis the "modern samurai."

6. It was implied that Bishop actually does not die or get killed off, as the article explains that Bishop will have a bigger role to play in the game. At the same time, Suda says that "Travis is fighting for himself" not for anyone else. Travis is fighting for revenge, but perhaps for someone else other than Bishop?

7. Speaking more specifically on the city, Suda explains that Travis had actually left Santa Destroy for those three years, and it wasn't until he came back that he had seen how much it had changed. Where Travis had gone is not said. Only a portion of the original city will be traveled, based on fan responses on the first game. The streets and sidewalks will be much more busier and cars will "get out of the way" of Travis' bike. There are construction signs and lights everywhere. One of the fighting grounds will be a "new school", "construction yard", and a graveyard. Not sure if the school is new in the sense that it is an additional one to the Santa Destroy High School or if it is just a remodeled SDHS.

8. There are still side jobs such as coconut collecting and a new one involving plumbing. Suda explains that he still wants the player to feel like he has to work hard to play the game as that is what it means to be a punk. Otherwise, he says, there is a disconnect between the videogame world and reality. Still, the side jobs are still improved and provide humor as well as entertainment.

9. It is confirmed that Destroyman comes back as a cyborg as wanting revenge against, who else, Travis.

10. Finally, the bosses themselves: it will not be as difficult, time consuming, and at times boring to collect enough money to advance to the next boss fight. In fact, Suda purposely wanted to mix things up to keep it from getting repetitive by having Shinobu and Henry as playable characters and, at times, fighting more than one boss fight, sometimes one right after the other, and sometimes simultaneously.

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/nomoreheroesdesperatestruggle/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-50748340&pid=954479

Surgeon Isa

Neo Member
no-more-heroes-2-screens-20090810093210862.jpg

This shot is really nice.

Guess those additional 20 or so new employees Grasshopper employed are really set to make sequel look nice.

vareon

10. Finally, the bosses themselves: it will not be as difficult, time consuming, and at times boring to collect enough money to advance to the next boss fight. In fact, Suda purposely wanted to mix things up to keep it from getting repetitive by having Shinobu and Henry as playable characters and, at times, fighting more than one boss fight, sometimes one right after the other, and sometimes simultaneously.

Fuck yeah.

G.O.O.

Is it just me, or is the game less hyped than NMH1 ? It's supposed to be out early next year, and it didn't even make this year's E3... plus the fact that this official magazine had planned to talk about it in its latest issue, then apologized for not doing it...

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
G.O.O. said:
Is it just me, or is the game less hyped than NMH1 ? It's supposed to be out early next year, and it didn't even make this year's E3... plus the fact that this official magazine had planned to talk about it in its latest issue, then apologized for not doing it...
You're correct. The game needs much more advertising and previews, it's the sequel to the single best game on the Wii after all.
Yes, it is.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
G.O.O. said:

We haven't really had much the chew on. Just a teaser trailer and one gameplay trailer, really.

G.O.O.

Jocchan said:
You're correct. The game needs much more advertising and previews, it's the sequel to the single best game on the Wii after all.
Yes, it is.
I'd agree, but coming from a hardcore grasshopper fan it wouldn't sound objective. :p

I just hope they don't expect the game to sell on the name of the first one, which was a niche game marketed like a blockbuster. Many were left disappointed and won't buy the second.

Top Bottom