• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle screenshots

Azure J

EmCeeGramr said:
mh5552.jpg

This is class.

That's great.

Also, I think the boom box guy is related to Death Metal from the last game. Similar accent, has a thing for tattoos, and he mentioned something about karma, which could mean "You killed by dad/uncle so now his son/nephew kills you."

wRATH2x

Banned
YEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With this, Bayonetta, Brutal Legend and Mass Effect 2 I no longer need E3.

Fritz

I join, I join. f*ck awesome trailer. Little confession here, I just bought NMH and am playing it now for the first time. LOVE it

Ronin

Zen said:
Ok, I never played NMH but I'm getting this game :lol
The first NMH is my favorite game on the Wii. My skull is on fire thinking about the awesomeness of NMH2.

You NEED NMH.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
say, could anyone post a raw PNG for the glasses? i'm working on one for my avi, but it's just not there without the glasses...

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
i admire suda's approach to the business, even though i may not think he makes the best of games out there.

that said, trailer kicked all kinds of asses.

dante's inferno in particular - i can't believe what i watched just before coming to this thread

Bizzyb

Banned
Holy crap, that trailer was AWESOME!

Man I will be pissed if this game bombs again at retail. I want more of the same but this time more stuff to do in the city and money stuff to spend the money on

markatisu

Bizzyb said:
Holy crap, that trailer was AWESOME!

Man I will be pissed if this game bombs again at retail. I want more of the same but this time more stuff to do in the city and money stuff to spend the money on

The first one did not bomb, compared to titles on other systems maybe but for a Suda game it pretty much smashed all his previous attempts.

rikichi

when the track, "NO MORE RIOT" played at the beginning of the trailer, i was like...THIS SHIT IS ON!

Like everyone else, cannot fuckin wait to play this game!

bdouble

Bizzyb said:
game bombs again at retail.
Irony that you are posting in thread to the only sequel Suda has ever made?
Can we stop this? It obviously didn't bomb according to Grasshoppers standards. They must have made some money.

stuminus3

Bizzyb said:
Man I will be pissed if this game bombs again at retail.
No More Heroes will never, ever, ever, ever be a success like GTA or something. You'd be completely mad to ever assume it to be any more than a niche game for a niche gamer.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Something else I noticed - the schoolgirl with the dual-edged beam katana, isn't that a modified Recorder?!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
flintstryker said:
Phoenix already claimed it.

When i said correct size, i meant an avatar with a size like 100x100.

I know it's already being used by him, i just want to use it outside of GAF without being such a small avatar. :p

bdouble said:
Irony that you are posting in thread to the only sequel Suda has ever made?
Can we stop this? It obviously didn't bomb according to Grasshoppers standards. They must have made some money.

The game performed phenomenally. Over 200,000 copies in America alone and it did better in Europe (apparently) with 30,000 copies or so sold in Japan. The game is probably near the half a million mark which is insane since Suda's games are the definition of niche. You can't get any nichery for a modern 3D game.

Bisnic said:
24v8p3s.gif
:lol
Can anyone make an avatar of this with the correct file size & dimension? :D

And I got it. But for some reason I can't make the Gif bigger on Gaf. Automatic resizing restriction?

Is there a way I can make it bigger using GIMP?

JoeFu

Banned
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMFFFFFGGGGG

Trailer was awesome. I don't think any other trailer ever had such an appropriate ending.

Scrubking

SovanJedi said:
Something else I noticed - the schoolgirl with the dual-edged beam katana, isn't that a modified Recorder?!

You just gave me a reason to watch the trailer for the 40th time... Oh who am I kidding. I don' t need a reason! It's motherfucking No More Heroes 2!

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
Joe Shlabotnik said:
That the "day jobs" were somewhat satirical is intentional; that the overworld generally played like ass isn't.
I thought the day jobs were actually well done, they were fun and varied, the assasination missions were not as well thought out however. I was mainly speaking to how poorly executed the rest of the overworld was probably wasn't a play on Travis' boring life instead it was the best he could do given the budget and talent he had to work with.

justchris

Haruspex said:
At first I thought No More Heroes was just a watered-down sellout to appeal to a western audience, and I still think that to some extent when compared with Suda's other games. However I realised it can be played on the level of just hacking stuff up and wallowing in the ludicrous characters and scenarios, but there is also quite a lot of depth under the surface. Just a shame almost everyone who played it missed the intelligence and like Travis himself were only concerned with the action and the woman. Most of them were Travis, that is to say a waster who escaped to a land of fantasy and fiction.

What are you talking about? The beauty of No More Heroes is that is is a product whose primary purpose is to actively make fun of its target market. It is, in all ways, a parody. A parody of other games, a parody of gamers, a parody of selling out. No More Heroes is brilliantly shallow. I consider it in all ways equal to Killer 7, just a different philosophical direction.

Top Bottom