• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Spider-Man at TGA or PSX

Show some Ratchet DLC insomniac pleeeease

#BringBackGemlikBase

K8sUHTA.png

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
ah this is gonna be a 2018 game isn't it

but that's so far awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy

Oh. They will definitely not manage to release it alongside the movie then.

It feels like a 2018 title. We will see if they can make it Holiday 2017.
Yeah, I think holiday 2017 is the absolute earliest. Spring 2018 seems most likely though.

It is fine with me though. Just bring that high quality.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Game is surely coming out with/soon after the Homecoming movie imo (out on July 7th next year), maybe late October with the bluray release? I think it'd do good as a Summer title tho

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I would like to see more than 2 seconds of swinging. I literally do not care about anything else. If the swinging is real, and good, I buy Day 1.

If not... I don't buy ever.

Anyway my point is that it's very annoying to have to wait longer to know if (like every dev since SM2) they punted on the most important aspect of the game, imo.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Disappointing it won't be there, however I'm really digging that spidey suit.
The white (especially on the hands is ghastly) but I don't even care if the swinging is there. Dress him like Emo Parker, honestly would not care.

Outrun

Why are a lot of you fine with a previously announced game not showing up at a show?

I wish Sony shows Spiderman at the next show. The more that they show, the better :)

This game has a shit ton of potential..

why would it be similar to infamous in the first place?

I'm just imagining an open world superhero game with lots of aerial mobility where you go from section to section conquering boss enemies and doing small side quests to gain favor with citizens, etc.

They could easily be very similar type games. This is the easiest assumption to make, no?

Shock32

The white (especially on the hands is ghastly) but I don't even care if the swinging is there. Dress him like Emo Parker, honestly would not care.

yeah that part looks weird, i'd rather they were blue like the rest of his suit.

So i take it this game won't be released along side the movie in July 2017?

//DEVIL//

that's fine. I actually want new game announcements.

I honestly think If sony doesn't announce big exclusives for 2017 they gonna have a problem against Halo 6 ( at least I think they are working on that ) if its going to be released with Project Scorpio.

yeah that part looks weird, i'd rather they were blue like the rest of his suit.

So i take it this game won't be released along side the movie in July 2017?
Probably not.

They've made it clear they don't want this just to be a side by side movie launch if it isn't ready. They want to prioritize quality.

that's fine. I actually want new game announcements.

I honestly think If sony doesn't announce big exclusives for 2017 they gonna have a problem against Halo 6 ( at least I think they are working on that ) if its going to be released with Project Scorpio.
I think Halo 6 is too early for 2017. It'll probably be 2018.

Also, Destiny, CoD, Battlefront and RDR2 will do more for Sony than any exclusive will.

Sounding like a 2018 release, but why announce it so early? Feels like I'm continuously waiting this generation when it comes to Sony.

DKHF

Also, Destiny, CoD, Battlefront and RDR2 will do more for Sony than any exclusive will.
Yeah all of this. Sony can put up a very good fight against Scorpio next fall with those third party partnerships and maybe price drops.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Why are a lot of you fine with a previously announced game not showing up at a show?

I wish Sony shows Spiderman at the next show. The more that they show, the better :)

This game has a shit ton of potential..
Because I care about the quality of the final game.

And spending time on making milestone builds to be consumed as marketing material does not improve the quality of the final game.

I didn't really expect it to be. The E3 reveal made it seem pretty early in development. While I haven't played an Insomniac game other than Sunset Overdrive in quite some time as I haven't owned a PS system since the PS2, I fully believe they will deliver a top notch quality game and will wait for as long as I need to to see it again.

//DEVIL//

None of those games you mentioned are exclusives. just early dlc / exclusive dlc. Personally speaking, I would rather buy a game with better graphics and wait for the dlc since its coming sooner or later ( speaking in general, I am still not sold on project scorpio since I know nothing about it AND i do have a GTX 1080 )

But I guess a spider man game is considered a big exclusive since well... its spider man. so that counts as 1.

to stay OT though. I hope devs take all the time they need so we can get our AAA masterpiece

None of those games you mentioned are exclusives. just early dlc / exclusive dlc. Personally speaking, I would rather buy a game with better graphics and wait for the dlc since its coming sooner or later ( speaking in general, I am still not sold on project scorpio since I know nothing about it AND i do have a GTX 1080
It doesn't matter that they aren't exclusive. They sell systems. Those games will be bundled during the holiday period with Black Friday sales and Christmas deals and what not.

Consider holiday 2015 and how Sony's Battlefront and CoD bundles led them to having some of the best total holiday sales in NA ever.

But yeah, Spider-Man can be considered an exception because it is Spider-Man.

AmuroChan

Not really surprising. I'm not expecting to see most of the big reveals from E3. Now that they've announced Spiderman, don't show anything more until they're ready to reveal the release date.

I expect Uncharted story DLC to be the only first party sony thing on stage this week that isnt a up coming game like TLG or Horizon.

Oh right. Kojima will probably have another teaser for fun.

Top Bottom