• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Spider-Man at TGA or PSX

AmuroChan

Hopefully they got other big things to show. New things.

I wouldn't expect big things, as PSX has never been about that, but you'll definitely see a bunch of new Indies and VR titles. You'll get maybe a couple of semi-big reveals, like the rumored MvC 4 or UC4 sp DLC, but doubtful there'll be any tentpole 1st party exclusives being announced.

Outrun

Because I care about the quality of the final game.

And spending time on making milestone builds to be consumed as marketing material does not improve the quality of the final game.

Why did they show it in the first place then?

Once you build the hype, then you should expect consumer demand for marketing material.

Companies that tease us with announcement videos and then go radio silent seem to want to have their cake and eat it too...

Some Nobody

I knew this was a 2018 game when they made #SpiderManPS4 a thing. It doesn't even have a fucking NAME, and if it does they sure aren't sharing it with us. 2018 might be lucky lol.

Man. PSX is bumming me out tho. I don't give af about TLOU2. And Marvel would only interest me if it had a fun story mode.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Why did they show it in the first place then?

Once you build the hype, then you should expect consumer demand for marketing material.

Companies that tease us with announcement videos and then go radio silent seem to want to have their cake and eat it too...
I'm not here to defend the decision why Sony decided to reveal this title so early. I'm of the opinion that games should be announced as late as possible.

I'm just saying I don't want the development team hindered by milestone builds polished for use in marketing. That doesn't help me as the game player, nor does it help the team making the game.

Outrun

I'm not here to defend the decision why Sony decided to reveal this title so early.

I'm just saying I don't want the development team hindered by milestone builds polished for use in marketing. That doesn't help me as the game player, nor does it help the team making the game.

Fair point, I wish Insomniac the best. SSO was amazing.

That's disappointing, I was at least expecting a new trailer with the official title. It seemed pretty likely with it being shown in PlayStation's commercials for the holidays.
Definitely a 2018 release.

Megatron

Good, more stage time for Resistance Collection

Attendees at that announcement be like

bored-by-charles.jpg

Top Bottom