• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NOA Club Nintendo Gold And Platinum Prizes Revealed, And You're Not Gonna Like it...

chrono01

I should mention, I know it's technically "free", since you're not paying anything more for the games so anything reward-related is basically a bonus, but there is a decent amount of time/effort that goes into registering these things, and it doesn't help that other regions [such as Japan] get much better rewards.

It just kind of screams "lazy", to me. Looking at what's available right now in the rewards section of the site only furthers my point. :/

That being said, I guess I'll grab NES Remix. I was thinking of purchasing it anyway, but I was hoping for something a bit more exclusive/special. I know this has been said earlier, but it would have been a nice opportunity to give us a special Amiibo, since the rewards don't ship until December which is around the release of those. It would have allowed people to see first-hand just what this thing is, and likely encourage sales of more. But I guess that was a bit too expensive/extravagant for them.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Don't get me wrong, some of the games are good; I mean, some are full retail games.
But these are for people that spent around $400+ on Nintendo products in a single year, many of us probably have most of everything there...
They could have released a limited edition "$400?!? Lol, suckers..." t-shirt to make more of a point than this...

Seik

Banned
wtf people?

Game & wario is $40, Donkey kong is $35

both are good games you are getting for FREE

:|

If you would compare to all previous platinum gift, you'd understand.

BTW I got G&W brand new for ten bucks a month ago, yeah it's fun but after beating it, I'm glad I didn't spend more.

Man....I hoped for a 3D World or DKCR:TP soundtrack so damn much.

*sigh*

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I think the issue for most people is that they already own those games. I, however, do not, so I'm cool with it.

Though I still need to know if I'll get e-mailed the code or not...I won't be back home until August so I need to know if I can download Game & Wario before the rewards go down or if I should go for DK.
You get it instantly; and can print the order.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Welp.

Which of these games have no physical equivalent? I already have NES Remix.

wtf people?

I consider digital rewards to be literally worthless.

People bitch about soundtracks but at least I could off my Majora CD for an easy $20.

Karakato_001

Neo Member
Ehh, I can't receive physical rewards even if I wanted to so I'm not that bummed. Even then, most of the games I want I already own. Anyone willing to trade a $10/$5 PSN/Nintendo eshop code for DKCR3D or Game & Wario?

Earthbound is a cool one and I've been waiting to get it. Though, I don't know if it's worth it since it's like $8 while DKCR3D & Game & Wario are worth about $30.

Hmmm

Well I'm glad they put retail games on there, but I already have a physical copy of DKCR3D and isn't Game and Wario supposed to be kinda bad?

Dr. Luigi & Earthbound seem viable, but I'm not sure which to pick.

Would have preferred a soundtrack or something honestly.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
First time I get Gold status instead of Platinum. I have all of those games. At least if I'd gone for Platinum I would have picked up Game & Wario. I guess I should count my blessings?

Dwayne

Ehh, I can't receive physical rewards even if I wanted to so I'm not that bummed. Even then, most of the games I want I already own. Anyone willing to trade a $10/$5 PSN/Nintendo eshop code for DKCR3D or Game & Wario?

I'll paypal you $5 for Mario & Donkey Kong: Mini's on the Move.

Laws00

this can't be real

what the fuck nintendo......I make platinum for the first time in years and this is what I get?

I want a useless statue or something physical to show off to friends!

I guess I can get DKC returns but I have the original wii version

gblues

Banned
I don't understand why some of the NES games are 3ds and others are Wii U. I'd rather get Zelda 2, but I don't have a Wii U. Or is cross-buy a thing now?

AniHawk

i'm guessing costs are just getting cut everywhere. there haven't been a lot of new things on club nintendo. it's possible that club nintendo wasn't actually that successful in the long run in getting the feedback nintendo was hoping for. or maybe they're planning on incorporating it as a digital only rewards system whenever they do the account system thing, and they're looking to get rid of stock at this point.

i'm not against the idea of digital rewards. i would like physical copies of these games when possible, but i think they could have offered bigger titles like super mario 3d world as rewards. or maybe they didn't because a lot of club nintendo people already bought them. i forgot dr. luigi was a thing. game and wario is probably the least-played nintendo game on the wii u, so it would make sense that gets a push too. if it counts towards the digital promotion, i'd probably get it for the few times i have enough people over for multiplayer. i can use the $5 towards earthbound, i guess.

fedexpeon

Banned
wtf people?

The point of this system is to get something exclusive and unique from Nintendo.
Why would I want a game that I can buy at any given time? I highly doubt any of these people that reached Platinum even care about the price of these games.
They can give me Xenoblade and I will still roll my eyes.
Like I said, I rather have a 10.00 calendar or a 5.00 pens holder.

jakomocha

On top of the prizes being disappointing, I was so close to platinum ( like 180 away). Oh well :(
What would be the best choice of the gold games? I already have Super Mario Bros. and I have both a Wii U & 3DS.

Diebuster

While I would have preferred a physical reward like that nifty statue from a few years back, Donkey Kong Country Returns is a pretty cool freebie.

Spike

Can anyone who reached platinum that has no need of these games help a poor brother out?

I'd love to get:

Earthbound (WiiU)
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (3DS)
Game & Wario (WiiU)

EDIT:

Did anyone not see this coming this year? I knew this would happen when they put up that Luigi's Mansion figure on Club Nintendo to entice code hoarders.

It's kind of hard to believe that next year they would even bother to offer an Platinum/Gold exclusive amiibo after seeing this year's offerings.

Ah well, after losing my job, I didn't make it this year, and next year is probably out too.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
It sounds like you get emailed a code to redeem. So, whoever doesn't want their prize should just offer it up on the Buy/Sell/Trade thread for cash or gift card or whatever. Might as well get something out of it.

Shauni

i'm guessing costs are just getting cut everywhere. there haven't been a lot of new things on club nintendo. it's possible that club nintendo wasn't actually that successful in the long run in getting the feedback nintendo was hoping for. or maybe they're planning on incorporating it as a digital only rewards system whenever they do the account system thing, and they're looking to get rid of stock at this point.

i'm not against the idea of digital rewards. i would like physical copies of these games when possible, but i think they could have offered bigger titles like super mario 3d world as rewards. or maybe they didn't because a lot of club nintendo people already bought them. i forgot dr. luigi was a thing. game and wario is probably the least-played nintendo game on the wii u, so it would make sense that gets a push too. if it counts towards the digital promotion, i'd probably get it for the few times i have enough people over for multiplayer. i can use the $5 towards earthbound, i guess.

This explanation doesn't work when you consider that Japan and Europe still have several physical awards on their websites.

oti

Banned
I'd like to buy Eathbound via paypal for 7$ (+ some because Germany) if anyone happens to own it already (and one can sell codes).

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Do you get a code for these games? Forgot how this works.

I'm wondering if I could get my friend to hook me up with a code for DKCR3D, since I know he'll have played all these rewards, and I actually would like to play that lol.

Hige

Wow, I had low expectations about the prizes this year, but this is even worse than I expected. Hilarious.

WOW, just cancel the fucking program already. How pathetic. It's like some intern just reached into a bag and pulled out a handful of random games.

I know Nintendo doesn't give a shit, but it'd be nice if the company at least pretended to give one.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Can anyone who reached platinum that has no need of these games help a poor brother out?

I'd love to get:

Earthbound (WiiU)
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (3DS)
Game & Wario (WiiU)
As soon as I have confirmation that it's possible to give away the download code to someone else, I'll oblige. I'd probably price-match any offer you could find for these games elsewhere, too.

Phocks

I'm regretting taking an interest in Club Nintendo last month and ending on 550 points. :p Better luck next year, Wario Land for me.

Evenflow

The point of this system is to get something exclusive and unique from Nintendo.
Why would I want a game that I can buy at any given time? I highly doubt any of these people that reached Platinum even care about the price of these games.
They can give me Xenoblade and I will still roll my eyes.
Like I said, I rather have a 10.00 calendar or a 5.00 pens holder.

huh well seeing as how I've been quoted a to I should respond didn't mean to rub people the wrong way, guess I didn't see it this way makes sense. I've been platinum every single year, and it's always straight to ebay for me as I could care less about the crap so getting full retail titles as rewards seems pretty awesome.

Codeblue

I wonder if you still get digital deluxe credit with a Wii U game.

Also Earthbound is phenomenal and you all should get it.

Top Bottom