• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NOA Club Nintendo Gold And Platinum Prizes Revealed, And You're Not Gonna Like it...

Brofield

I'm weirdly made glad by the fact I completely forgot to input all my codes this year. I either have those rewards or no interest in them, or in the case of NES Remix I'm getting a physical copy later on.

At least I still have my Mario Hat from the first year of Club Nintendo (which I have worn all of once as part of a Hallowe'en costume)...but I really hope they go back to physical rewards. This lazy download crap is getting depressing/unacceptable.

Hmmm i'm trying to enter my serial number for my DSi for 100 coins but i can't seem to figure it out. It says on the help thing it's supposed to be nine numbers but i only see 8. Am I Blind or is that last thing at the end supposed to be a number?

maxcriden

Not sure what level you're referring to but I just passed the Cave world with all the
minecarts and a boss on a train. Made me want to throw my 3DS at a wall.

Haha, that is a tough level. I'm actually thinking of one you haven't encountered just yet, though! It's fun, just one where I found it pretty tough to see what was on the screen.

what should i get as a gold member?

Wario Land 2 is a great pick.

jokkir

A long shot but I somehow got Gold but have the games already for the prizes.

Would anyone want to trade me their Platinum prize (Donkey Kong 3D) for my Gold prize + Half Life 2 or Witcher 2? Or Half Life 2 and Witcher 2. All on Steam.

My PC can't run Witcher 2 properly so I figured I'd trade that.

Davey Cakes

So how is Wario as a single player game, or should I get Earthbound instead?
I haven't touched Game & Wario but something tells me that even if the SP is solid, the overall game won't be as good as Earthbound.

Earthbound is one of the most well-renowned Nintendo gems and the game can easily last 20-30 hours on a single playthrough. Who knows if you'll get as much time or enjoyment out of G&W? The dollar value of G&W is higher but that doesn't necessarily translate into personal value.

Then again it also depends on your taste. If you're more into mini game collections than RPGs then G&W might be up your alley. That said, I've heard that G&W isn't as good as any game in the WarioWare series.

Hmmm...I cant decide!

Dillon's Rolling Western
Mario and Donkey Kong
Game & Wario

I guess I should probably just get Game & Wario...then just buy the other ones, since they are cheaper.

jakomocha

What's the best reward/value for a Gold club member? Wario Land 2, Super Mario Land 2 or something else (I own both a Wii U and 3DS)?

Voliko

I'm still a little mad that they went ahead and announced the retail NES Remix pack for NA after this, but I don't really care anymore. One of the best Nintendo games I have played in years, without a doubt. Honestly, the hours of enjoyment I've gotten out of it are way better than some lame trinket. Definitely getting the second one soon.

maxcriden

Hmmm...I cant decide!

Dillon's Rolling Western
Mario and Donkey Kong
Game & Wario

I guess I should probably just get Game & Wario...then just buy the other ones, since they are cheaper.

That would be my recommendation. G&W has a pretty solid amount of content. You might be able to buy codes for a reduced price for the other games in the B/S/T thread in the Community Forum here, or on CAG.

bjork

They sent me a mail about getting my platinum reward, final reminder. I'd rather not use it than download some shit I don't want.

Memles

As much as I'm sure there could have been some better uses of the reward, I decided that I would be more motivated to finish DKCR in short bursts on my 3DS than going into Wii Mode and finishing my Wii copy of the game. And I was right—beat the game tonight, which means I can get to my copy of Tropical Freeze that's been unopened since June.

batbeg

My friends and I ended up launching fronks and playing pictionary for like 8 hours straight yesterday, Game and Wario is better than I expected thus far. The watermelon thief game was also a pretty decent hit.

I emailed them a complaint and told them it seemed like they were winding down the Club Nintendo rewards program (lots of stuff out of stock and the amount of physical goods dwindling). They replied apologizing since I wasn't happy with the platinum reward, but that really doesn't do me any good. At least I was able to express my displeasure.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
So how am I supposed to redeem my platinum reward?

I logged in, it told me I needed to redeem my gift, so I clicked the big red button to get my game now.

It shows all the games, I click Game & Wario, it takes me to the product page and I see no way of getting the game. On the right side of the page, it says, "Sorry this item is available for 2014 Platinum members only."

When I looked at a random gold game (Ice Climbers), it said the same thing except that it's available for Gold/Platinum members only.

What am I supposed to do?

[edit] Checked my elite status history. It says "2014 Elite Status: Platinum (650 coins)"

[edit 2] uhhhh okay, never mind ... after checking my history, I clicked the logo at the upper-left to go back to the Club Nintendo home, and it gave me a totally different pop-up window saying I earned platinum status, so get my platinum reward now. I click the button and it shows a slightly different screen with "Platinum" in a huge font, and when I click Game & Wario, it doesn't say sorry off to the right, it says redeem. Great website programming, Nintendo, just a bang-up job.

drspeedy

Well, it's the last day, I'll just put this out there- and this post can also serve as a prompt for those who love to wait until the last minute: log on already!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJPhCBH27E0

So... if any benevolent GAF'ers haven't used -and weren't planning to use- their elite reward this year, I have an offer for you: An absolutely radiant 8-year old little girl would gratefully accept your unused elite code for DKCR 3DS. In return you'll get 1) a one-of-a-kind, hand drawn picture from her integrating both your username and any Nintendo video game character of your choosing, delivered via first class mail to your US postal address as well as posted here on GAF for all to admire, and 2) the undying admiration from a little lady who has just discovered the awesome hobby that is gaming.

And a sample of the artist's earlier work that you could enjoy!
5NX3FpT.jpg

muchas gracias!

Top Bottom