• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NOA Club Nintendo Gold And Platinum Prizes Revealed, And You're Not Gonna Like it...

nordique

I'm debating between game and wario and nes remix

I think I'll go for remix - I don't like sitting down and spending hours playing a game, I have a pretty bad attention span lol

Even though game and wario is mini games I'm not sure how I feel about getting that. I don't want to get it if I won't play any of the games more than once

Already have DKCR3D, and earthbound, and nothing else interests me. What say you GAF?

Edit - ended up going with remix. Looking forward to it!

iphys

Another reason to go with Remix is Europe is getting a promo where they'll get discounts on the VC games in Remix 1/2 if they own either, so we may get something similar in NA eventually, which would be especially awesome to get discounts on the sweet Remix 2 games for having Remix 1.

Do you get a code to redeem, or does it just tie the game to your account? If it's a code, I'll just give something away here because I own everything on the list that I had even a passing interest in.

Platy

Do you get a code to redeem, or does it just tie the game to your account? If it's a code, I'll just give something away here because I own everything on the list that I had even a passing interest in.

It is a code that you get on the site AND receive an email with it.

I acept Fluidity ;D

Jea Song

Did the right thing
I reached gold status and kinda disappointed. So I can choose only one game right? I spend all this money AND basically get a $8 game? Oh well better than nothing..

So I was a plat member for the year and I am just getting "Sorry this item is available for 2014 Platinum members only" when I try to redeem DKCR3D, any workaround to that?

Redeemed for Dr. Luigi because that was only one of the few options I didn't already own. I played it for like an hour and then went back to playing Mario Kart and Shovel Knight. Worst. Reward. Ever.

DJ_Lae

Got Game & Wario mostly because it was the most expensive option, I can always buy Earthbound on my own.

It seems...okay. I'm not blown away or anything, a lot of the minigames are garbage (the skiing one is a hilarious and worse version of an already bad Captain Falcon's racing from Nintendoland) but the presentation is great and there seems to be some fun stuff in there. My daughter likes the puzzle game and Gamer seemed fun the one time I played it. Still have stuff to unlock though.

Faenix1

Super Mario Land 2 or Wario Land 2? I seriously can't decide!

Not sure I'd play a game with no colour in this day and age so I might just get Wario Land 2. Though I'm curious; Which game is the better pick?

iphys

Not sure I'd play a game with no colour in this day and age so I might just get Wario Land 2. Though I'm curious; Which game is the better pick?

SML2 is rated marginally higher than WL2 on the Canadian eShop, but personally I don't like SML2 and I'd just go with Wario Land 2 for the colour anyway.

Drago

Wario Land 2 is the better game, color or not, IMO

Eusis

Can you not stand black and white comics either?

Well whatever, Wario Land 2 is more distinct and less "ok we got something more like SMB3/SMW on Game Boy but not as awesome" so just go with WL2.

Faenix1

SML2 is rated marginally higher than WL2 on the Canadian eShop, but personally I don't like SML2 and I'd just go with Wario Land 2 for the colour anyway.

Wario Land 2 is the better game, color or not, IMO

Welp, that makes that decision easier. Thanks you both.

I asked this elsewhere and it was pretty evenly split so I was quite unsure how to go about it.

Can you not stand black and white comics either?

Well whatever, Wario Land 2 is more distinct and less "ok we got something more like SMB3/SMW on Game Boy but not as awesome" so just go with WL2.

Comics is a completely different thing. I read those all the time.

Ocaso

Welp, that makes that decision easier. Thanks you both.

I asked this elsewhere and it was pretty evenly split so I was quite unsure how to go about it.

Comics is a completely different thing. I read those all the time.

Just to give you an alternate opinion, Wario Land 2 is a very different game from Super Mario Land 2. Super Mario Land 2 is a genuinely good Super Mario game, less awesome than Super Mario World, true, but still filled with imaginative worlds and solid platforming, along with some of the best graphics on the original Game Boy. Wario Land 2 isn't really a platformer in the same way, and it's a style of gameplay that personally doesn't appeal to me, so even if it's in color, Id be less inclined to play it.

Salsa

im still getting this

yuCdmZN.png

wtf do I do

Played about an hour of Zelda 2 after redeeming the platinum reward. The game flat out sucks. This whole downer of a situation has me wanting to throw money at a different game company.

Reallink

Think their piece of shit site just ate my Kirby TD Registration from the BB sale. Errored during the survey, no coins.

Gnilres

Think their piece of shit site just ate my Kirby TD Registration from the BB sale. Errored during the survey, no coins.

Wait 24 hours. If that doesn't work, contact Customer Service. Nintendo's customer service is awesome.

When Zelda OoT3D came out, there was a promotion to get the soundtrack for free when you registered it. But the website glitched. Called Nintendo and they just asked for my Club Nintendo name and sent it right away.

Makonero

Got Game & Wario mostly because it was the most expensive option, I can always buy Earthbound on my own.

It seems...okay. I'm not blown away or anything, a lot of the minigames are garbage (the skiing one is a hilarious and worse version of an already bad Captain Falcon's racing from Nintendoland) but the presentation is great and there seems to be some fun stuff in there. My daughter likes the puzzle game and Gamer seemed fun the one time I played it. Still have stuff to unlock though.

The game really shines in multiplayer. Three of the four specifically multiplayer games rock, and some of the single player games (Design) are also at least two player, and the ones that aren't are fun spectator games. Give it a shot with non-gamers (specifically Sketch) and you'll see how fun it can become.

And Fronks are hilarious.

khaaan

Ahhhh crap.

Would anyone be willing to trade their Platinum reward with me? I ordered Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D when I wanted Game & Wario or NES Remix.

Anyone? :(

If no one wants to I'll probably end up redeeming in a few days. There's probably a better chance I'll finish it on the 3DS than the Wii one that's been sitting next to my WiiU for half a year now.

RaidenZR

I have a platinum code I'm interested in selling. Not sure what people are doing in terms of barter in here but a PSN card, amazon credit, or something similar would be fair to me. PM if interested and I'll work something out to first takers.

maxcriden

I have a platinum code I'm interested in selling. Not sure what people are doing in terms of barter in here but a PSN card, amazon credit, or something similar would be fair to me. PM if interested and I'll work something out to first takers.

If no one replies here, try the B/S/T thread as well, I've seen some being sold there.

iphys

Played about an hour of Zelda 2 after redeeming the platinum reward. The game flat out sucks. This whole downer of a situation has me wanting to throw money at a different game company.

It doesn't suck so much as it's just really difficult. It was one of the first 4 games I picked up when I got my NES in 1989, and I never made it past the first palace as a beginning gamer and regretted the purchase, but ultimately I did beat the game. It got better as it went along and you could do stuff like the downward thrust that just felt great. It has some memorable music if nothing else. At least it's not so brutally difficult on VC with save states.

I was pissed at the prizes at first but gah damn, Donkey Kong is fun as shit! Already played it more than I've ever played every other DK game combines, and I own 1-3

Top Bottom