• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NOA Club Nintendo Gold And Platinum Prizes Revealed, And You're Not Gonna Like it...

NES Remix will still get you half as many points, which is a pretty marginal difference, but it will probably be twice as much fun, which is probably more important.

I picked Game & Wario and I had a lot more fun with it than I expected but I haven't played much of it yet. NES Remix is great though. I would probably pick that one if I didn't already have it. I haven't tried Dr Luigi but the dr Mario wii ware game was awesome too. If you're close to getting a voucher from the DDP I'd get G&W and use the voucher to get one of the other games cheaper.

Thanks guys! I used my platinum code for NES Remix and ended up buying a platinum code for G&W for $10! Now I'll be able to play both + get the $5 from the DDP :) NES Remix is fun!

I was a little peeved by this. I mean, having digital games is fine but at least make them exclusive to Gold and Platinum members. They should have done something similar to the Ambassador program and Metroid Fusion.

omg_mjd

Anyone else having a problem redeeming their code? I've been trying since last night to redeem DKCR but no dice, just keep getting an error message: "There was a problem with your request.
But don't worry your coins are safe with Wario." (?!)

wario.jpg

EDIT: Weird, it worked when I accessed the site from my phone instead of my PC. Thanks for the free game, Nintendo!

Glass Joe

I'm a platinum member and there's literally almost nothing I want or don't already have. Maybe DKR 3D but I'd have to buy a bigger SD card so screw that too. Either I'll pick up Kid Icarus ($5) or play let's make a deal on here. Does Nintendo allow a code to be redeemed on a different console and such trading? If so, PM me and we'll talk. I'd be interested with either paypal or an eshop code that's greater than $5.

Platy

I'm a platinum member and there's literally almost nothing I want or don't already have. Maybe DKR 3D but I'd have to buy a bigger SD card so screw that too. Either I'll pick up Kid Icarus ($5) or play let's make a deal on here. Does Nintendo allow a code to be redeemed on a different console and such trading? If so, PM me and we'll talk. I'd be interested with either paypal or an eshop code that's greater than $5.

Yes. It gives you a code ... you can redeem on any other console

maxcriden

Yes, they allow it.

...Nintendo of America, are you serious? After spending as much as one does to become a Platinum member, this is how you reward us? With a $10 digital game that absolutely anyone can get at any time they want?

Let's see.

Hardly anything of worth on the Club Nintendo site reward-wise, and if there is, it's usually limited in nature and for a ridiculous amount of coins. Add to this the fact that our Platinum prizes are the worst of any region [by far], and you have one less person who will likely not take the time/effort to even bother registering anything anymore.

Just ridiculous. They could have given us a OST easily [Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, etc.] or anything that's actually considered a collectible. But no, they're probably keeping those as a LIMITED offer on the site, that will sell out within a few hours, for 1500 Coins.

Yes, I'm disappointed. :(

Lets start rioting.

idwl

I want earthbound, I was 60 points away from getting platinum last year . I could get you a code for kid Icarus if you'd like ?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I picked up Game and Wario, what's this $5 eshop credit I hear about?

if you have a premium wii u, you get 10% of your eshop purchases (including the value of this free code) in credit; $40 game = $4 credit. he probably already had a buck or two of credit to cash out.

maxcriden

if you have a premium wii u, you get 10% of your eshop purchases (including the value of this free code) in credit; $40 game = $4 credit. he probably already had a buck or two of credit to cash out.

Just to clarify, you won't actually get a code until you earn $5. But yeah, otherwise you earn 10% value back.

leehom

Thanks!, I'll check my eshop account now to see if it's there. 0 balance, I get I need to spend $10 to get the 5%.

tmarques

How long do we have to redeem the prize? I'm torn between Mario Land 2 and Wario 2. The latter looks kind of crappy on Youtube, but everyone seems to love it.

donny2112

I thought it was a permanent promotion for buying the Deluxe set?

There is a hope it will be extended, but it's officially only announced through December this year. There isn't a Basic set anymore (not really, anyways), so why continue to offer a "bonus" for the only real set on the market?

iphys

LOL at the Nintendo hate in the media. My favourite headlines from most to least subtle:

Club Nintendo 2014 'Elite Rewards' released

Club Nintendo's 2014 Platinum/Gold Rewards are Insulting

Dear Club Nintendo, I Hate You Right Now

BorntoPlay

I got a response:

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us, and for your patience while waiting for our reply.

I want you to know on behalf of all of us here at Nintendo of America how much we value your participation in Club Nintendo and congratulate you on having achieved Elite Status. It demonstrates your strong support and enthusiasm for our products.

I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed with regards to this year's Rewards. Our hope in curating the list of Rewards available was to appeal to a wide variety of gamers and interests. Additionally, by offering digital rewards, there is an added advantage of not needing to wait until the end of the year to receive your free gift, as would be the case with a physical order. Digital rewards are also not limited to the systems you have registered to Club Nintendo, meaning you could select a game to give as a gift to someone else.

While I can't guarantee that any changes will be made to the current Club Nintendo Rewards on offer, I would be happy to make sure that your feedback regarding the Gold and Platinum gifts is documented and shared with other departments to use as they see fit. 

Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to respond to this email. Again, thank you for participating in Club Nintendo-we hope you continue to do so!

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.

Busaiku

I was gonna get Earthbound, but since I've still got the points from Pikmin 3, Game & Wario will get me enough points to get it free anyways.

chrono01

I got a response:
If this is their reasoning, I would have preferred to receive an e-Shop credit so we could buy whatever we want. Granted, the list of titles being offered is numerous, but why not give us the option to choose whatever first-party Nintendo titles [on the e-Shop] that interested us? That way people wouldn't have to choose titles that they didn't necessarily want just because they already own the top-tier ones.

That being said, I don't own NES Remix, and have heard some great things about it, so it's not a total loss to me. Although, it would be nice if I could instead spend it on a full-price digital title that I don't have, rather than something that would only cost me around $16 otherwise.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
what's better, game & wario or NES remix?

They're very different. NES Remix is definitely a time/score attack style game where you replay over and over again to improve your scores, competing against yourself. Game & Wario works best as a party game--if you like some of the competitive stuff in Nintendoland like Mario Chase, I think you'd really like Fruit Thief, which is a competitive local multiplayer mode in Game & Wario. If you are playing solo, Game & Wario has less content and I think you'd get way less enjoyment out of it.

antibolo

Banned
This is beyond retarded.

If someone attained Platinum status, THEY PROBABLY ALREADY HAVE MOST OF THESE GAMES, NINTENDO. IT'S COMMON FUCKING SENSE.

This is particularly frustrating for me because it's the first year I actually reach Platinum status!!

Oh well. I guess I'll redeem DKC3DR and sell off my retail copy.

The response I received.

Thank you for contacting us about this year's Elite Rewards from Club Nintendo. I would like to start by congratulating you on having achieved Platinum Status. Your earning Elite Status shows your dedication and enthusiasm for our products, which is greatly appreciated.

As for your email, I was sorry to hear that you weren't pleased with the available Elite Rewards. We appreciate hearing from our dedicated fans such as yourself; even when you comments aren't necessarily positive. Your thoughts on this subject are very important to us; as such, I'll be sure to document your email and add it to the record of feedback for this year's Elite Rewards. I can't guarantee any specific change, but please know your comments will be heard and taken into consideration when future Rewards are selected.

Again, thank you for participating in Club Nintendo-we hope you continue to do so!

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.

Curtis Neal

Platy

This is beyond retarded.

If someone attained Platinum status, THEY PROBABLY ALREADY HAVE MOST OF THESE GAMES, NINTENDO. IT'S COMMON FUCKING SENSE.

So common sense that I only have ONE of the rewards and got platinum.

Any person who focus on retail games will not have most of the games listed =p

Zing

Banned
So common sense that I only have ONE of the rewards and got platinum.

Any person who focus on retail games will not have most of the games listed =p
I got platinum and I have zero of the games offered…

Because I don't want digital games.

iphys

It just occurred to me: the other people these rewards screw over really bad are the people with no home wi-fi to be able to get games from the eShop. They may have been trying to encourage everyone to connect their system to the Internet to establish a NNID and learn how to use the eShop . . . but I still say an exclusive digital game would have been more beneficial in motivating people to do that if that's the hoop they were trying to force people to jump through.

So I believe this is the last time I listen to GAF consensus when choosing titles to buy. I was convinced Game and Wario would be barebones garbage. It's not. It's brilliant,

Some mini games are meh, like Patchwork, but Gamer, Ski, Arrow, The camera game Miiverse sketch and some of the multiplayer stuff is absolutely fantastic. I love that I got this for free, but the original $40 asking price isn't too far off the mark.

maxcriden

So I believe this is the last time I listen to GAF consensus when choosing titles to buy. I was convinced Game and Wario would be barebones garbage. It's not. It's brilliant,

Some mini games are meh, like Patchwork, but Gamer, Ski, Arrow, The camera game Miiverse sketch and some of the multiplayer stuff is absolutely fantastic. I love that I got this for free, but the original $40 asking price isn't too far off the mark.

I've been getting into it too. It's pretty hilarious and awesome so far. The presentation alone is top-notch.

Top Bottom