• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NoA: Fire Emblem Warriors Season Pass detailed, Awakening now a "classic game"

ggx2ac

Link: http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...intendo-News-Nintendo-Details-DLC-Coming-Fire

Season Pass details:

Season Pass (Oct. 20, $19.99): The Fire Emblem Warriors Season Pass includes all three DLC packs, which become available as they release. Each DLC pack is filled with new playable characters and weapons. By purchasing the Season Pass for either the Nintendo Switch or New Nintendo 3DS version, players will receive a bridal costume for Lucina.
DLC Pack #1 (Dec 2017, $8.99): The content in this pack is inspired by Fire Emblem Fates.
DLC Pack #2 (Feb 2018, $8.99): Many of the characters and items in this DLC pack hail from Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon.
DLC Pack #3 (March 2018, $8.99): Fans of Fire Emblem Awakening will love this DLC, as much of the content is themed after the classic game.
More details about each DLC pack will be revealed in the future.

Edit:

uk price are £8.09 for individual packs, £17.99 for pass. eu price are the same as us, just change the currency symbol

Amiibo compatibility details:

The Fire Emblem Warriors game is compatible with the new Chrom and Tiki amiibo figures, which both launch on Oct. 20. These, along with other compatible Fire Emblem amiibo figures including Marth, Ike, Robin and Lucina, grant players weapons or materials when tapped. Up to five different compatible amiibo figures can be tapped per day.

Release date and special edition details which were already known before:

Fire Emblem Warriors launches for Nintendo Switch, as well as New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL and New Nintendo 2DS XL systems on Oct. 20. A special-edition bundle of the game will launch exclusively for the Nintendo Switch system on the same day at a suggested retail price of $79.99. The special edition includes the game, premium character card set with slip case, a double-sided poster and a three-CD music set.

Linkark07

Banned
Dunno why I was expecting it to be $30.

For $20 it's fine I guess. I had a great time playing the DLC characters in Hyrule Warriors Legends.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Dunno why I was expecting it to be $30.

For $20 it's fine I guess. I had a great time playing the DLC characters in Hyrule Warriors Legends.
Lol... Same for some reason I though the season pass would be 40bucks but then again that's how much the whole game will cost on 3DS.

20 bucks isn't that bad compared to other season pass prices.

Awakening is a classic? What are the GBA games? Prehistoric?

I'm happy with the season pass price. When I saw that it was 30,000 yen I expected the season pass to be 30usd

Kouriozan

So 20€ I guess for the season pass, nice price for the probably huge content it'll bring (based on Hyrule Warriors experience)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I still couldn’t believe how much content Hyrule Warriors had. This looks the same. Great value.

Daggar

Neo Member
The wording on DLC pack 2 there - "Many of the characters hail from Shadow Dragon" - makes it sound like many, but not all of them, do. Possibly other games characters?

ggx2ac

The wording on DLC pack 2 there - "Many of the characters hail from Shadow Dragon" - makes it sound like many, but not all of them, do. Possibly other games characters?

Yeah, most likely. Basically, Shadow Dragon doesn't have a lot of popular characters.

Reki

A similar wording is used for the Awakening pack, so maybe we'll get content from other games in that one too.

Fire Emblem Awakening. The classic game.
This got me quite a bit. Sure for a huge amount of people that hopped into Fire Emblem because of Awakening it may be classic. But man calling it classic compared to other Fire Emblem's is a bit hmm. Anyways the DLC and Amiibo stuff is literally beat for beat as Hyrule Warriors. Still looking forward to it regardless.

Camjo-Z

DLC Pack #2 (Feb 2018, $8.99): Many of the characters and items in this DLC pack hail from Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon.

DLC Pack #3 (March 2018, $8.99): Fans of Fire Emblem Awakening will love this DLC, as much of the content is themed after the classic game.

Surely this has to be their out to put Ike and Roy in packs that aren't themed around their games.

Ridley327

Is there any particular reason that the DLC is so much more expensive in Japan than it is in the west? The pricing here seems rather reasonable, but even with Hyrule Warriors, the same big price discrepancy happened.

ggx2ac

Is there any particular reason that the DLC is so much more expensive in Japan than it is in the west? The pricing here seems rather reasonable, but even with Hyrule Warriors, the same big price discrepancy happened.

Maybe due to Koei Tecmo publishing the game in Japan.

Banned
I'll wait and see what the dlc packs are like first. I made a mistake buying Hyrule Warriors packs. Got burned out after too much content lol.

Ridley327

Maybe due to Koei Tecmo publishing the game in Japan.

I suppose it's possible. On that note, since it's looking more and more unlikely that this is a universal SKU, I suspect that Japanese owners won't be able to purchase the DLC on the western eShop to save money.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I'm in agreement with those who think the phrasing regarding characters heavily suggests we'll get a fan favorite or two who aren't part of the themed games. I'm guessing Ike is guaranteed.

My ideal*: three characters per pack, two from the themed game and one bonus. I'm expecting a lot less than that, though.

Real ideal: each pack covers an unrepresented game or duology.

Neoxon

The phrasing kinda gives me hope for characters not from Shadow Dragon & Awakening in their respective packs, which is good considering that we still need Alm, Ike, & Roy.

Draxal

Man, i wonder if they will sprinkle a couple of characters into each of the dlc from other games.

I'd much rather have dedicated dlc to other games if that meant celica and lyn being cut from the base game so be it.

Not bad, I'll probably get the season pass down the line.

I really hope they port Hyrule Warriors over... I do not want to buy to dust off my Wii U just to play that.

Moonlight

Banned
I get the impression we'll be getting other non-3DS characters sprinkled in. I wonder if this means that we won't get Ike until the next season pass though. One gets the impression that he'd (and the rest of the Tellius crew) get more fanfare than being released as an extra character or two in a character pack themed after a different game.

Top Bottom