• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NoA's Wii release list: no sign of Xenoblade or The Last Story

Ra1den

Lard said:
Kat Bailey on twitter:

"Did a wide loop around Nintendo's booth. Didn't see Xenoblade or Last Story. Feel like Christmas has been canceled."

:(

NOA you motherfucking douche nozzles. Your already translating Xenoblade for EU FFS. Just release that shit over here and collect free money

ajim

Lard said:
I don't feel better. I feel a swelling, burning rage rising, and an overwhelming desire to punch Reggie in the face.

This is fucking Shenmue 2 all over again. TWICE.
<3

RealMeat

Banned
So in theory I can import Xenoblade from the EU and play it on Dolphin, right? How much do imports from the EU usually cost?

Lard

Banned
FTH said:
You sound entitled.

No, I sound practical. How does it make sense to translate it into English...and then not release it into the largest English speaking gaming area?

Does that make good business sense to you?

daffy

Banned
Lard said:
No, I sound practical. How does it make sense to translate it into English...and then not release it into the largest English speaking gaming area?

Does that make good business sense to you?
I'm not a business analyst, all I know is if NOA isn't going to put it in American stores, but there is an English version coming out, then I'll just have to pay a little extra or go a little farther to get it.

I honestly don't care about NOA's business strategy. They've given me good games in the past that I'm thankful for.

Lard

Banned
FTH said:
They've given me good games in the past that I'm thankful for.

They're not giving me good games now. That is the issue.

IrishNinja said:
Last Story's going to EU, yeah? mod your wiis folks, its not hard.

that just leaves Xenoblade, sadly....

You got it backwards actually.

Seda

IrishNinja said:
Last Story's going to EU, yeah? mod your wiis folks, its not hard.

that just leaves Xenoblade, sadly....

Xenoblade is confirmed coming the EU as Xenoblade: Chronicles.

The Last Story was rumored to go to EU.

NA has heard nothing on either.

farnham

Banned
i already played the japanese versions of last story and xenoblade

but i will get the localized european versions day one

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Why does nobody ever actually press people like Reggie about this? That idiot who is on GameTrailers kept trying to shit on the Wii instead of asking him questions people actually give a shit about.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
NotebookJ2 said:
I think the bigger problem is that outside of us, does anyone actually care?
They're new franchises, so no? That's marketing's job to make people care, and they haven't even tried.

FStop7

Banned
They're not shooters and they're not wagglefests. Why would NoA bother? They've made it pretty clear what their priorities are.

kiryogi

Banned
Well folks, you guys all doubted me...but it looks like I was right all along. This is NOA were talking about. No surprise honestly... time to look into modding your wii!

Codeblue said:
I just realized Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem wasn't there either. God damn it.
Fuck, forgot about it. :(

The conference got me all excited, but this thread is crushing my soul.

BocoDragon

FStop7 said:
They're not shooters and they're not wagglefests. Why would NoA bother? They've made it pretty clear what their priorities are.
They recently got Seth fuckin Green pimping Dragon Quest IX in a nationwide, multi-million dollar ad campaign.

Let's not act like Nintendo pushing an RPG in America is an impossibility.

NOT okay. Seriously guys. Most disappointing news of the conference. I can import the EU version, but I'm not going to be happy about it.

Ra1den

kiryogi said:
Well folks, you guys all doubted me...but it looks like I was right all along. This is NOA were talking about. No surprise honestly... time to look into modding your wii!

Are there any issues playing on an NTSC TV?

klee123

Well, gonna import the games and mod my US Wii.

Not gonna even touch the next Ninty console during launch at this point.

FStop7 said:

Yet they have no problem bringing over DQMJ2 on the DS and Itadaki/Fortune Street on the Wii which is sure to sell less than what hyped games like Xenoblade or TLS would do.

BocoDragon

For those of us who enjoy more inevitable disappointment... is there still a Nintendo meeting or conference where we may still get word on these games?

BocoDragon

Ra1den said:
Are there any issues playing on an NTSC TV?
The homebrew launcher can "force NTSC" on the game.

I'm not certain, but I believe modern consoles like the Wii just toggle NTSC/PAL outputs in software, so a hack can fix it completely.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Bel Marduk said:
Yet they have no problem bringing over DQMJ2 on the DS and Itadaki/Fortune Street on the Wii which is sure to sell less than what hyped games like Xenoblade or TLS would do.
Nintendo has a hard on for Dragon Quest right now since the successful sales of Dragon Quest IX. Plus it's Dragon Quest + Pokemon. As long as they market it decently, they know they will profit.

ivysaur12

Banned
BocoDragon said:
For those of us who enjoy more inevitable disappointment... is there still a Nintendo meeting or conference where we may still get word on these games?

5:30 - 7:30 PST both days, but tomorrow's is 3rd party related.

Maybe at TGS we'll hear about the new MonolithSoft Wii U game that won't get localized!

Fuck Nintendo, you localized Baten Kaitos Origins, which sold almost nothing! Give us something here.

NotebookJ2 said:
I think the bigger problem is that outside of us, does anyone actually care?

Agreed. I'd love to play Xenoblade and Last Story, but I completely understand why NOA may think they're not worth releasing stateside.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
dead souls said:
Agreed. I'd love to play Xenoblade and Last Story, but I completely understand why NOA may think they're not worth releasing stateside.
But they won't let anyone else take the risk either. I mean you can get Ignition to release Arc Rise Fantasia but you have no confidence Xenoblade or Last Story could do better? Or maybe you don't want to be proven wrong like Sony/ Demon Souls? Stupid morons.

Trojita said:
Nintendo has a hard on for Dragon Quest right now since the successful sales of Dragon Quest IX. Plus it's Dragon Quest + Pokemon. As long as they market it decently, they know they will profit.

That's not what I mean. His post was:

Yet with bringing over games like DQ and Fortune Street, they sure aren't following those "priorities" very closely...

Also I don't really see that much of a market for Fortune Street. It's a Monopoly type game with DQ and Mario characters...the target market is very niche. They're not targeting Mario platforming fans or DQ RPG fans.

BocoDragon

truly101 said:
But they won't let anyone else take the risk either. I mean you can get Ignition to release Arc Rise Fantasia but you have no confidence Xenoblade or Last Story could do better? Or maybe you don't want to be proven wrong like Sony/ Demon Souls? Stupid morons.
Yeah this policy of never allowing their games to go to third-party publishers essentially makes them a Bernie Stolar-like Enemy of RPGs.

They are doing their best to deny us any opportunity to play these great games.

Also the weird thing is that someone emailed them recently and they still say the game's been announced, just with no release.

That said, Xenoblade (Monado: Begninning of the World) has been officially announced for release, but hasn't been given a release date yet. When it is, our website's Game Guide (http://www.nintendo.com/games/guide) will be the best place to find it. Once there, use the questions on the left to filter based on system, genre, online play, etc.

It's the generic email we've been getting but I wonder if the same info still applies.

Top Bottom