• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nolan North is the seventh voice in Saints Row 4

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
So they are making me choose between Troy and Nolan? NOOOO!

I didn't notice him in Portal 2. I guess that's a job well done then.

I remember his voice from random street thugs in Arkham City. Thought "hey, it's Drake" every time.

Haven't played Spec Ops yet.
He was Penguin in Arkham City.

EDIT: And in a recent game about surviving in a post pandemic world.

Ha, nice.

Still though, his default voice is Nathan Drake.

Yea because that's what Naughty Dog asked for.

Then after it got popular other places asked for it as well even if it didn't seem like a good fit (Prince of Persia imo).

At least he's getting more roles that makes him change it up.

BadAss2961

Yea because that's what Sony asked for.

Then after it got popular other places asked for it as well even if it didn't seem like a good fit (Prince of Persia imo).

I'm not questioning his talent or saying I don't like him. It's just that every time I notice him (which is a lot), it's distracting. Especially because Drake is one of my favorite characters now.

ultron87

Directly calling the voice option "Nolan North" is funny as hell. Though I don't think I can give up my lady Saint for my first play through.

Welp, looks like me and my brother will have characters with different voices this time around. I always wanted to play as a black Drake. xD

who are the other 2 male voices (we know Male 1 is Baker)

From IdolNinja's preview:

PLAYER VOICES

The female voices that have not been revealed yet are *drumroll please*

Female Voice 2 - French (Diane Michelle)
Female Voice 3 - Southern (Sumalee Montano)

The French accent is amazing. It is really and truly a worthy successor to the Russian one (which I was also a fan of.)

The super secret voice is... Nolan North! This isn't just Nolan North doing a male voice though. This is Nolan North referring to himself in the game as Nolan North, our POTUS. It is wildly amusing if you're a fan of any of Nolan's previous work.

The rest of the player voices have remained the same from SRTT.
Laura Bailey – Female Voice 1 (Caucasian)
Troy Baker – Male Voice 1 (Caucasian)
Robin Atkin Downes – Male Voice 2 (Cockney)
Kenn Michaels – Male Voice 3 (African American)

http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/hands-on-with-the-saints-row-iv-press-preview.2759/

Is there like a full list of who is what voice?
The three male voices are the same as Saints Row 3 (Troy Baker, Kenn Michael, and Robin Atkin Downes). Laura Bailey is the only returning female. Diane Michelle and Sumalee Montano are the other two.

I'm not questioning his talent or saying I don't like him. It's just that every time I notice him (which is a lot), it's distracting. Especially because Drake is one of my favorite characters now.

Yea it can be (I label the his Spec Ops as always serious Drake)

I sometimes wonder if that was a good idea of having Drake just be his voice and it being popular enough that when he does another character with his normal voice its confused as Drake.

Flipyap

Welp, looks like me and my brother will have characters with different voices this time around. I always wanted to play as a black Drake. xD
Well, then Halo 3: ODST is the game for you!

iHmNqplJMUjtq.jpg

Grisby

Yeah, it was in the last Saints thread. Gonna be funny as hell.

On the topic of his work in games I gotta say that I think I was more surprised by him being in Arkham than in TLOU. I forget what line it was but he has a certain bit in his Drake voice and I figured him out almost immediately.

He's a damn good VA.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Sure. Doesn't change my opinion that I've had more than enough of those two guys being the voice of everything.

When their voices change so much in each role to the point where you cannot tell it is them then I'm not sure how you get tired of them. Last of Us proves this.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's confirmed. If he has his own voice slot, I guess it means that I'll be able to have him voice my sexy female Boss. I am looking forward to it !

Waiiiit, you can have a different gender's voice on your gender? I thought it was male-male female-female and the zombies only? Or did they change that in the sequel?

Still, if they get Nolan North to be a DLC Zombie Drake character I'd almost pay for it just for the principal

Dont blame Nolan North or Troy Baker for the generic voice, they get paid and told what voice to do. Both have a wider range but get pigeon holed into generic voice #1.

Yea because that's what Naughty Dog asked for.

I know it was out of place but I don't care. Prince & Elika's banter and development were one of my favorite things from this gen.

Top Bottom