• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nolan North is the seventh voice in Saints Row 4

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
All I want is the cockney voice from Saints Row 2 back :( Not a fan of Saints Row 3s cockney voice and he's not back for 4 either.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
That sounds neat, maybe I will do a second play through with it at some point, can't move away from Laura bailey though, sexy voice, lol.

No the main guy in TLOU is Troy Baker.

Apparently Nolan is in the game as another character but most didn't realize it was his voice until the credits rolled

Yup, Nolan North has a great range but developers keep asking for Drake, or I guess his normal voice, lol. I had no idea he was one of the characters in TLoU till someone mentioned it on here, he's also done a bunch of other things that sound nothing like Drake, the penguin from the Arkham games, he was the turrets and some of the cores from portal 2.

TheOGB

Banned
My favorite Nolan role is a tie between Deadpool and N. Gin from the most recent Crash Bandicoot games where he does a Peter Lorre impression.

We need a buddy film-type game starring Nolan North and Troy Baker.

Jachaos

Wait, the female voice 1 is one of the main character's in Fire Emblem Awakening ? What the hell ? Didn't realize that at all and have played the latter quite extensively.

Jhoan

If it actually says Nolan North as the voice option, I will grin like a little girl and laugh because that's great.

Steve Blum, Troy Baker, and Nolan North (plus Fred Tatasciore, Johnny Yong Bosch, John Dimaggio, and Robin Atkins Downes) and Jennifer Hale, Tara Strong, Claudia Black, and Laura Bailey VA in one game would be one hell of an amazing game but that's wishful thinking.

Good pick. They should get David Hayter as DLC. That would be dumb in all the right ways.

2013 has been a good year for Nolan North. 2012 was a little rough for him but he is back with a vengeance this year.

They've retired the category last year.

If they dont do a Troy Baker award they are doing GOTY wrong!

I know it was out of place but I don't care. Prince & Elika's banter and development were one of my favorite things from this gen.

I liked it too. Made the ending all the better because of that character banter.

I agree as well, they made it fucking work even though it seemed out of place at first.

If it actually says Nolan North as the voice option, I will grin like a little girl and laugh because that's great.

According to Jeff and Brad's teasing of who it was on the bombcast (and eventual confirmation of the actor when the embargo was over) that's exactly what it is.

Good pick. They should get David Hayter as DLC. That would be dumb in all the right ways.

2013 has been a good year for Nolan North. 2012 was a little rough for him but he is back with a vengeance this year.

If they dont do a Troy Baker award they are doing GOTY wrong!

They already peddled the idea but Jeff didn't sound too thrilled about it.

we'll see lol

Jhoan

According to Jeff and Brad's teasing of who it was on the bombcast (and eventual confirmation of the actor when the embargo was over) that's exactly what it is.

27215525.jpg

Erm I mean thank you Based Volition. That is so good. I'm smiling like a little girl now at the news.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, thank god its in. Even if it isn't as good as it is in SR2, its still better than nothing.

Yeah sorry I meant to say specifically that I want Charles Shaughnessy back, I didn't really like the cockney voice much in SR3. I believe the same voice from SR3 is back for SR4 as well.

Chris R

Is it going to be North playing a character or North playing North? Because if it's North playing North (and includes a shitload of ad libs and quips about the other characters he has voiced) I'd have to play with his voice.

Top Bottom