• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nomura: KH 0.2 developed alongside KH3 using same tech, will amount to 1 world in KH

Adding on to the question on what order I should play the games in, should I play KH2 or watch the 358/2 Days movie first? KH2 came out first, but 358/2 Days is in the 1.5 ReMIX collection.

Watch the movie first. You'll understand the beginning of KH2 a lot better.

EDIT: Or you can listen to the other people, lol

Mariolee

Adding on to the question on what order I should play the games in, should I play KH2 or watch the 358/2 Days movie first? KH2 came out first, but 358/2 Days is in the 1.5 ReMIX collection.

Play KH2 and then 358/2 Days or else the lattet won't have as much an emotional impact.

Resilient

Always release order.

I don't know why SE is releasing KH3 on Xbox One, seems like a massive waste of time. That surely has to be a money pit for them..

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
I'd like to hope that this game would release around summer next year, but I get the feeling it will be around wintertime.

Definitely play KH2 first, as the movie contains some plot spoilers for the second game

Piers

Yes, let's ignore the Dumbo in the room with the original Japanese style characters built for the series taking the majority of the marketing and majority of the focus of the games themselves

That's something I still can't decide whether I love or hate. It's like putting a Don Bluth character in a Shonen Jump crossover where he constantly cracks puns and his expressions are over the top, eyes-bug-out style.

That's not to ignore that Nomura's designs and ideas clearly worked well, and Disney must have prevented a lot of concepts going forward.
But KH also marked a point where Nomura began to disappear up his own ass. KH1's secret FMV was so pretentious and dislocated from Disney sensabilities that featuring it as a reward is kind of insulting in some aspects. Seeing Mickey flip down in an edgy goth hoody made me more than a little disturbed.

botty

Banned

What matters more to you? Not being confused or having mystery?

Always release order.

I don't know why SE is releasing KH3 on Xbox One, seems like a massive waste of time. That surely has to be a money pit for them..

They bet on XBone having a comparable marketshare to what the 360 had (dominant in the US, decent in the rest of the western world) and lost. This is also why they made the Tomb Raider deal.

They could go back on it, but the backlash from consumers/MS wouldn't be worth the money they'd save.

They bet on XBone having a comparable marketshare to what the 360 had (dominant in the US, decent in the rest of the western world) and lost. This is also why they made the Tomb Raider deal.

They could go back on it, but the backlash from consumers/MS wouldn't be worth the money they'd save.

they announced the tomb raider deal after the game got announced for PS platforms... Xbones position was pretty much cemented at that point.

UberTag

Im waiting for a Crisis Core remaster, the movie, and a short prologue before the events of FFVII
It'll happen. Remastering ancient handheld games, sticking on a demo and charging $60 for it is the new Square Enix recipe for success. Type-0 HD taught them well.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Im waiting for a Crisis Core remaster, the movie, and a short prologue before the events of FFVII

More like Crisis Core remaster, Dirge of Cerberus remaster, and Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII Remake using FFVII graphics.

I'm struggling to keep up with KH at this point. I only briefly played the original back when it came out and hated it but decided to give the remaster another shot and like it a lot, but hated the second game on the disc and abandoned it quickly, never watched the on disc cutscenes from the other game. I picked up the second collection and sort of started on KH2 and dropped it because I just didn't feel like that kind of game at the time.

Now there's another collection with another game, another movie and a prequel, and I've still got two movies and 3 games to cover and I have NO idea which order any of this is supposed to go in.

I'm completely lost and I haven't even touched on how confusing the story is going to get, so how do I go through this GAF? Order of the remasters or do I need to do a lot of jumping around. It doesn't help that I freaked HATE the second game from the first collection.

I'm completely lost and I haven't even touched on how confusing the story is going to get, so how do I go through this GAF? Order of the remasters or do I need to do a lot of jumping around. It doesn't help that I freaked HATE the second game from the first collection.

Order of collection.

If you hate Chain of Memories, basically stuff happens that puts Sora in a temporary coma, which is why KH2 starts the way it did.

Order of collection.

If you hate Chain of Memories, basically stuff happens that puts Sora in a temporary coma, which is why KH2 starts the way it did.

Thanks man, I kind of figured it wouldn't be too hugely relevant to the overall story anyway but that does answer one question I had. I wanted more KH when I sipped into CoM to be honest but when I realized what traverse town was going to be I just gave up on it, plus I wasn't really into the combat either. I really need to get back onto KH2 though with this extra collection coming too.

Well, if you want to ignore facts, then be my guest.

srsly directly quote anything that says when the deal was closed?

"It was a long time coming" and a "natural evolution" applies retroactively just as much.

Fact is the game was announced multiplatform and then unannounced mere months later, the details of the exclusivity were fuzzy and the corporate speak was dodgy.

If it was a deal made before the consoles even released it was the poorest handled reveal in ages.

Ray Down

Banned
Gonna take a wild guess that the deal was actually made before either console launched. It wouldn't have made any sense otherwise.

The deal was actually made after Microsoft lost the NPD after E3, they went to SE and secured Tomb Raider as a timed exclusive after trying to get exclusivity of Mass Effect and not getting it.

At least according to Kagari

srsly directly quote anything that says when the deal was closed?

"It was a long time coming" and a "natural evolution" applies retroactively just as much.

Fact is the game was announced multiplatform and then unannounced mere months later, the details of the exclusivity were fuzzy and the corporate speak was dodgy.

If it was a deal made before the consoles even released it was the poorest handled reveal in ages.

I would ask the same for you. Directly quote anything that says the deal was closed after the consoles were released.

What Crystal Dynamics has said strongly implies that a deal was struck before the consoles went out, if not, before Square has gotten a good idea of how well the XBO would do.

As for the bolded, the reveal was already pretty damn poor to begin with.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Thanks man, I kind of figured it wouldn't be too hugely relevant to the overall story anyway but that does answer one question I had. I wanted more KH when I sipped into CoM to be honest but when I realized what traverse town was going to be I just gave up on it, plus I wasn't really into the combat either. I really need to get back onto KH2 though with this extra collection coming too.

RECOM is hugely important to understanding Riku's state of mind in KH2, along with Kairi's importance to Sora and Namine's state of mind as well. The inner workings of the Organization is also very important, as half of them die in this game

RECOM is hugely important to understanding Riku's state of mind in KH2, along with Kairi's importance to Sora and Namine's state of mind as well. The inner workings of the Organization is also very important, as half of them die in this game

Damnit. Well I guess I'm going to have to youtube the cutscenes for that game then because I honestly can't see me forcing my way through it.

I would ask the same for you. Directly quote anything that says the deal was closed after the consoles were released.

What Crystal Dynamics has said strongly implies that a deal was struck before the consoles went out, if not, before Square has gotten a good idea of how well the XBO would do.

As for the bolded, the reveal was already pretty damn poor to begin with.

There is nothing for me to quote just like there's nothing for you since there's no evidence of when the deal was closed, I just disputed the claim with points that imo would make such an early deal unlikely.

You then supported the claim with an article that does in no way reinforce it.

As for the bolded, no it doesn't it's literally a recollection of what they did in the past. The timing of the deal would not change a single word.

I never had any clear evidence that the deal was closed afterwards I just disputed the claim with points that imo would make such an early deal unlikely.

You then supported the claim with an article that does in no way reinforce it.

As for the bolded, no it doesn't it's literally a recollection of what they did in the past. The timing of the deal would not change a single word.

But your reasoning has not been sound and lacks any counterevidence to boot. Based on what we have available to us, either the deal was made before the gen began or shortly after. Or the deal was the result of MS shelling out a lot of money, not because of the XBO.

I'm not sure what you're trying to argue since this is a thread about Kingdom Hearts and your arguments on that have been extremely weak.

Any guess when they will announce the actual release date. I think Jump Festa (December) for confirmation of release date in Japan and then E3 for confirmation of Western release.

Damnit. Well I guess I'm going to have to youtube the cutscenes for that game then because I honestly can't see me forcing my way through it.
From my personal experience, I skipped Chain of Memories but still feel that I have a decent grasp on the story of the game. But I do know what generally happens in the game which you can maybe get from some online summary or even journal entries.

Any guess when they will announce the actual release date. I think Jump Festa (December) for confirmation of release date in Japan and then E3 for confirmation of Western release.

That's my guess, as well. I'm going to take a wild guess and predict that Japan will get 2.8 in May/June and the west will get it in end of August/September.

I don't expect a release date till closer to E3 for both Japan and the West. I doubt it's coming anytime soon.

Top Bottom