• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nomura: KH 0.2 developed alongside KH3 using same tech, will amount to 1 world in KH

Source? I haven't heard anything about a fall 2016 release. Just 2016. KH1.5 was a late summer release more than a fall one. And it was released in Japan in March, the same year (2013).
There was a two months delay between the japanese and western release of 2.5, which was indeed in fall (2014) in both cases.
So you're assuming Fall 2016 because?

It could totally be true, but I don't think it's confirmed yet.
I was talking about western release, and yes, this is just my assumption more than a confirmation. It also fits with Kingdom Hearts 3 releasing in 2017.

Aru

Your assumption is probably correct, but I really hope it is not. A June 2016 release would be so much better, especially if they can release KH3 in Q1 2017.

Mit-

0.2 is just the epilogue from BBS Final Mix, right?

The KHIII technology point sounds accurate though. Aqua's character model looked like it was in KHIII's engine.

Berordn

0.2 is just the epilogue from BBS Final Mix, right?

The KHIII technology point sounds accurate though. Aqua's character model looked like it was in KHIII's engine.

It's new content. The epilogue in BBS:FM teased some of the events that take place in 0.2.

It seems like it's the important story bits from BBS Volume 2 salvaged for this collection.

Lnds500

Nomura explains the numbers.

http://kh13.com/news/nomura-explains-the-meaning-of-28-in-kingdom-hearts-hd-28-final-chapter-prologue#ixzz3mIfPdzBh

so basically

Kingdom Hearts 0 = χ
Kingdom Hearts 0.1 = birth by sleep
Kingdom Hearts 0.2 = birth by sleep fragmentary passage
Kingdom Hearts 2.6 = Dream Drop Distance

Having followed the series from the very beginning, it annoys me that they are retconning Unchained χ as Kingdom Hearts 0. That one belongs to BBS.

Frankly the explanation is more confusing than what we knew before. Makes it look like BBS and 0.2 are similar in length or importance.

raven777

Having followed the series from the very beginning, it annoys me that they are as Kingdom Hearts 0. That one belongs to BBS.

Frankly the explanation is more confusing than what we knew before. Makes it look like BBS and 0.2 are similar in length or importance.

yea it sucks. BBS was a perfect "Kingdom Hearts 0"

Snorlocs

Anyone want to buy a brotha a ps4 seeing as square will not support the xbox with anything KH related other than the 9th game in the series?

Lnds500

So .2 is a prologue to kh3? So according to square the numbers go 1,2,.2,3?

It's the continuation of BBS.

It's very vague what "prologue" means. I wouldn't expect a literal "prologue" that ties into KH3 (similar to how KH2 incorporated the "Roxas prologue").

So .2 is a prologue to kh3? So according to square the numbers go 1,2,.2,3?

No, it doesn't work that way.

Birth by Sleep takes place before KH1/2, but it's meant to be played after KH2.

The story in 0.2 presumably takes place before KH1/2, but the story that's revealed in 0.2 leads up to KH3, just as how Birth by Sleep, despite being a prequel, leads up to KH3 as well.

Spacejaws

I love Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 but I have absolutely 0 fucking knowledge how the naming system and continuity for the rest of the series is supposed to work and calling releases 2.5, 2.8, 0.2 completely kills any desire for me to even try and work out wtf is going on.

I'm gonna live in ignorance and just play III when it releases.

Berordn

I love Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 but I have absolutely 0 fucking knowledge how the naming system and continuity for the rest of the series is supposed to work and calling releases 2.5, 2.8, 0.2 completely kills any desire for me to even try and work out wtf is going on.

2.5 and 2.8 are just collections and the numbers there mean nothing. 0.2 is the only outlier and we know approximately when it takes place so the name is irrelevant.

The HD collections actually lay out the best way to play through the series without much confusion. It's really just the naming scheme that's bonkers.

Stupid or not, not worth bothering. Won't prevent me to play/enjoy this compilation.

Oh, this is definitely still a day 1 buy (or import, since I'm impatient) for me. The fact that I can overlook all of the silliness surrounding this series is a testament to how fun this series is.

Lnds500

He didn't have to explain the number - seriously, why does he have to explain everything? -, he could have easily said "people who have played the other 2 collections know what the number means.. So get on it!"

Spacejaws

2.5 and 2.8 are just collections and the numbers there mean nothing. 0.2 is the only outlier and we know approximately when it takes place so the name is irrelevant.

If the numbers mean nothing then Nomura is quite mad and by playing them I would just be enabling him.

raven777

So basically Nomura is saying

Kingdom Hearts 3D (2.6) + Kingdom Hearts χ back cover (0) + Kingdom Hearts bbs fragmentary passage (0.2) = Kingdom Hearts 2.8

2.6 + 0 + 0.2 = 2.8

Because they made a mistake by announcing it before the consoles went for sale. Same goes with FFXV.

I dont agree with that, i think those games will do fine on xbox one, maybe not as well as on playstation, but well enough to justify there existence. Third party exclusivety is an idea that simply needs to die, it makes little sense to exclude a potential market from your games. Ms is guilty of it with tomb raider as well. It absolutley sucks for everyone.

Lnds500

I just meant it's unacceptable that it's worth more than Birth by Sleep.

It's not how much it is worth, it's where everything is positioned.

So, something like... (taken from another forum)

Kingdom Hearts 0 (x)
Kingdom Hearts 0.1 (BBS)
Kingdom Hearts 0.2 (BBSAFP)
Kingdom Hearts 1
Kingdom Hearts 1.1 (358/2 Days)
Kingdom Hearts 1.4 (CoM)
Kingdom Hearts 2
Kingdom Hearts 2.4 (Coded)
Kingdom Hearts 2.6 (DDD)
Kingdom Hearts 3

It's still a stupid logic cause a myriad things just don't add up.

http://kh13.com/news/nomura-explains-the-meaning-of-28-in-kingdom-hearts-hd-28-final-chapter-prologue#ixzz3mIfPdzBh

so basically

Kingdom Hearts 0 = χ

Kingdom Hearts 3D (2.6) + Kingdom Hearts χ back cover (0) + Kingdom Hearts bbs fragmentary passage (0.2) = Kingdom Hearts 2.8

What kind of bullshit makes KH3D 2.6 and not something even slightly more logical like 2.5?

Deciding having a bunch of spin off games with ridiculous titles on multiple platforms wasn't confusing enough, SquareEnix has decided to start pumping out decimals to describe their games.

Don't you have to go through world's twice in kh1 and 2?
The only worlds you revisit in KH1 are Traverse Town three times, Olympus Coliseum multiple times for tournaments and Hollow Bastion twice.

KH2 is the one built around multiple revisits for each world.

You call it mistake some might call it a boon.

There's nothing wrong with PS4 getting most if not all of the attention what's wrong is pretending the port of these marquee titles doesn't exist. Of course it's not gonna sell great on Xbox if they don't facilitate an audience.
The audience isn't there to facilitate.

Bousf

So 0.2 will probably take about 1 hour, unless KH3 gets longer world segments. Here's hoping there is some replay value to it more than just replaying it.

Curious to see what new content we'll get in DDD HD

Also, KH3 makes sense in 2017, due to the whole "at least one KH game a year" thing:

KH2 FM+ & KH Re:CoM - 2007
KH Coded - 2008
KH 358/2 Days - 2009
KH BBS - 2010
KH BBSFM & KH Re:Coded - 2011
KH DDD - 2012
KH 1.5 ReMIX & KH Chi - 2013
KH 2.5 ReMIX - 2014
KH Unchained Key - 2015
KH 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue - 2016
KH3 - 2017

They have been pretty consistent about it so I can see it happening.

Red Devil

On why it is PS4 exclusive

As for why this game is only on PlayStation 4, rather than also on PlayStation 3, director Tetsuya Nomura says it’s because the collection is supposed to preface Kingdom Hearts III and that it uses Kingdom Hearts III technology—specifically in Kingdom Hearts 0.2 and Kingdom Hearts Chi: Back Cover.

Huh... I don't think that really answers why it isn't coming to Xbox One, tsk. I mean I know why but I think he completely missed or dodged the question.

Talax

so basically

Kingdom Hearts 0 = χ

I am impressed. The resilience behind such senseless naming is impressive in itself. Well done Nomura......:O

Lnds500

Oh yeah forgot about the bits at the start lol. Shows how much I really cared for that game.<.<

Nomura also confirmed KH 2.9 is not happening. It will be KH 3 after 2.8.

That's just standard PR. I believe the wording was "we do not have plans to bring the previous collections to the PS4", or something along those lines. I am sure they will draw the plans pretty quickly in the near future.

Hashimoto has said that 2.5 would only happen if people really cared for it and purchased 1.5. It was announced a few months later.

Nomura has said that 3D would be too difficult to bring to the PS3/PS4, that the Final Mixes would never come out of Japan etc etc.

We are talking about the guys that did this

jjaww08auibbqygfdwgk.gif

Don't look too much into that. Also, your avatars are so confusing :p

Your assumption is probably correct, but I really hope it is not. A June 2016 release would be so much better, especially if they can release KH3 in Q1 2017.
Why should they try June 2016 when they already had success with the Sep/Oct period.

Both KH 1.5 and 2.5 had rather strong and consistent sales in NPD. Both opened to 250k+ AFAIK, and I honestly don't see any reason why Square should release them in the Summer or Holiday.

Why should they try June 2016 when they already had success with the Sep/Oct period.

Both KH 1.5 and 2.5 had rather strong and consistent sales in NPD. Both opened to 250k+ AFAIK, and I honestly don't see any reason why Square should release them in the Summer or Holiday.

2.5 released in December doe.

prwxv3

Both KH 1.5 and 2.5 had rather strong and consistent sales in NPD. Both opened to 250k+ AFAIK, and I honestly don't see any reason why Square should release them in the Summer of Holiday period.

Wow that is pretty impressive. The KH series is very strong. KH3 should do very well

wmlk

I also don't see KH3 hitting early 2017 since they'll try to aim for the Holiday schedule. Gives them more time to work on the game and it'll also sell most if it's released at that time. It just makes sense for a game like KH3.

Aru

I just don't want to wait a full year after 2.8 to play 3, and if they release 2.8 in Fall, there's no way KH3 will be out before Fall 2017 :(

2.5 released in December doe.
Sorry, I mistook the Japanese release for Western.

I guess in that case, Sep-Dec seems ideal for II.8.

I just don't want to wait a full year after 2.8 to play 3, and if they release 2.8 in Fall, there's no way KH3 will be out before Fall 2017 :(
When is the Frozen sequel getting released? If they have Frozen world in the game, they can potentially bank on the sequel and release before the film to gain more sales. Frozen sequel is easily going to do more than 1 billion, maybe even 1.5 billion worldwide. But I honestly don't see Kingdom Hearts 3 in Early 2017 or Summer, for that matter. It is a blockbuster release fit for the Fall 2017 period.

Top Bottom