• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nomura: KH 0.2 developed alongside KH3 using same tech, will amount to 1 world in KH

hemo memo

Gold Member
wURKqvc.png

P5-Winter-PS3-Ann.jpg

I really don't know how they will be able to close the Xehanort storyline in 1 games....

By killing him once and for all?

Honestly, in terms of the amount of plot threads that needs to be resolved, it's not all that different from KH2.

The things that need to be done by KH3 is...
- Save Aqua/Terra/Ventus
- Set up the Seven Lights
- Defeat the Thirteen Darkness

Not going to lie, the Persona 5 debacle has made me look at release dates completely differently.

Are we going to doubt every single release window now?

It's always disappointing when games get delayed, but I don't believe that's a good reason to fundamentally be distrustful on first contact of another human being telling you something.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Are we going to doubt every single release window now?

It's always disappointing when games get delayed, but I don't believe that's a good reason to fundamentally be distrustful on first contact of another human being telling you something.

You really believe FFXV is coming in 2016?

On Demand

Banned
Kingdom Hearts isn't most JRPGs this is the most unjrpg a JRPG can reasonably get. I don't think many are begging for Nier or Tales of to get an Xbox release, considering how that worked out for the 360, but when we're already getting KH3 it's not too much to ask to get the remakes leading up to the series.

Now read the quote in the OP and guess why people are wondering why they completely glossed over the XBO.

Sure risk reward ratio is probably the answer but that makes the complete neglect of the platform they are intending to port 2 of their biggest releases on any better.

MGSV is not an RPG at all and look at the sales split in the U.K. where consoles sales are basically even. The difference will be the same in the U.S. and WW the XB1 version might as well not exist. These kinds of games are well established on PS and have a sizable dedicated fanbase. XB doesn't have large fanbase for these games as is continually being proved. Add that with PS4's significant sales lead and it's not surprising it's getting the most attention from SE and a few other Japanese developers.

FFXV and KH3 were announced for XB1 before they could see it's sales potential. More importantly the probable sales potential of their games on that system.

Guys, lets not make this thread a discussion on the release date assurance of FFXV :p

If the 2016 release is confirmed in the March event, a lot of crows will be served

Oh, I missed this thread and posted on the other one lol.
Not that it matters, since this one is already derailed anyway

But yeah, I want to see this. Realm of Darkness has always been a place I wanted to play in. I wonder if it's just for the demo, or if it will be in KH3 too.

Koozek

With 7 in pre-production.

I'm not following Persona 5 actively here, but: do people generally mock its long development time, too?

It's in development since at least 2010 and probably had pre-production starting in 2008 already - not much different than Versus/FFXV which only started actual development in 2010. Plus two delays accompanied by months of straight out lying about its release, even though they must have had decided on the delay since at least early 2015 already - at least SE never commited to any release for FFXV until now. If Persona 5 releases next year it will be 6 years, which is no joke either, when you consider that, while it has a great art-style, it's not a technically ambitious, current-gen only game like FFXV. To be fair, you can't compare the manpower of Atlus and SE.

Well, I guess in the end the difference is that Persona 5 wasn't revealed during its pre-production. Perception and all that jazz.

Guys, lets not make this thread a discussion on the release date assurance of FFXV :p

If the 2016 release is confirmed in the March event, a lot of crows will be served

Atlus also confirmed P5 2015 release date just a few weeks ago...and here we are.

I'm not following Persona 5 actively here, but: do people generally mock its long development time, too?

It's in development since at least 2010 and probably had pre-production starting in 2008 already - not much different than Versus/FFXV which only started actual development in 2010. Plus two delays accompanied by months of straight out lying about its release, even though they must have had decided the delay since at least early 2015 already - at least SE never commited to any release for FFXV until now. If Persona 5 releases next year it will be 6 years, which is no joke either, when you consider that, while it has a great art-style, it's not a technically ambitious, current-gen only game like FFXV. To be fair, you can't compare the manpower of Atlus and SE.

Well, I guess in the end the difference is that Persona 5 wasn't revealed during its pre-production. Perception and all that jazz.

You gonna have to back up that date.

Anyway, I think is just that Atlus were more smart about it, they didn't showed anything until they were ready to show something.

Ganondorfo

Has there ever been another franchise that took so long from 2 getting to 3? I can only think of Kingdom Hearts. Nah dont say Half Life 3, because that game isnt announced, so it doesn't count :).

Atlus USA only, not Atlus Japan. It was a communication error between both branches of Atlus. It is not like Atlus USA is developing the game.

Still we just got a confirmation of a delay now, barely a few months before the suposed release date. Just saying that we got a few open world games that suffered a delay in this gen and XV can easily have one.

SE confirming 2016 on march means shit for me.

Koozek

Atlus also confirmed P5 2015 release date just a few weeks ago...and here we are.

You gonna have to back up that date.

Anyway, I think is just that Atlus were more smart about it, they didn't showed anything until they were ready to show something.

Assumption, but it's normal to start before the current title is finished. Persona 4 released in 2008 in Japan. There were at last some concepts being passed around.

Anyway, getting off-topic.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm still confused as to what's in this collection. It doesn't contain any of the main games that were in the PS3 HD release, right? Those were the ones I really wanted on PS4.

Has there ever been another franchise that took so long from 2 getting to 3? I can only think of Kingdom Hearts. Nah dont say Half Life 3, because that game isnt announced, so it doesn't count :).

Honestly, it's not really the case, is it not?

Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance were plenty qualified to be KH3 and KH4 respectively. It's really more so of the fact that they wanted to have a trilogy round-off that the game had so many story-critical spin-offs.

I'm still confused as to what's in this collection. It doesn't contain any of the main games that were in the PS3 HD release, right? Those were the ones I really wanted on PS4.
Yes, this is like a completely new HD collection with the HD Remaster(Remake) of the 3DS Kingdom Hearts game (Dream Drop Distance), a short prologue to Kingdom Hearts 3 titled Kingdom Hearts 0.2 (Featuring Aqua from Birth By Sleep), and some cutscenes showing the backstory from the mobile game (Kingdom Hearts chi).

DKHF

Shenmue 2 - 3 will be 16 years (if 3 actually comes out in December 2017).

It contains :

1. HD Remaster of "Dream Drop Distance"
- a full-fledged story-essential game which was released in the 3DS. Direct sequel to KH2 that sets up the story of KH3. I'd easily put it up there as being important as the numbered titles.

2. Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover
- a HD cinematics movie of sorts that tells of a story in the early lores of the Kingdom Hearts universe.

3. Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep–A Fragmentary Passage
- a short game (one world's equivalent of a KH game) that practically serves as the Episode Duscae/GZ equivalent of KH3, which tells a small portion of Aqua's story after Birth by Sleep.

Skulldead

By killing him once and for all?

Honestly, in terms of the amount of plot threads that needs to be resolved, it's not all that different from KH2.

The things that need to be done by KH3 is...
- Save Aqua/Terra/Ventus
- Set up the Seven Lights
- Defeat the Thirteen Darkness

You're right on this, but are they going to explain all the plothole of the series and
Time traveling shit of DDD
?

Ishida

Banned
KH3 is still coming to XBO, right? Why isn't this being released on that as well then if it prefaces KH3?

Kingdom Hearts III releasing on the XBox One is nothing more than a gesture of good will from Square-Enix to Microsoft, to be in "good terms" with them. Square knows full well the game will bomb on the Xbone.

RK128

Interesting....so this (plus a possible KH II.9 containing all three collection) on PS4 will be the KH's content for 2016, with KH3 coming out sometime in 2017 alongside the FFVII Remake.

Considering that this collection is having the following:
-Completely re-built KH3D for consoles; hopefully adding balancing fixes to the game, improved camera and different ways to unlock abilities
-KH Chi movie using KH3 assets/technology to test out the real-time engine cut-scenes that we will see in KH3
-KH Birth By Sleep 0.2 being the 'Ground Zeroes' of KH3; a playable teaser of elements we will be seeing in KH3 (flow-motion, combat system, magic system, ect) all the while covering one of the few remaining story elements (Aqua's time in the land of Darkness) that we didn't see yet.

Seems like a great collection :). Its funny how they completely ignore the X1 despite KH3 coming to that, but KH3 coming to X1 (same with FFXV) is more likely a friendly call with Microsoft to not upset them. If they miss out on a big title that should be on it alongside PS4, then they will be bitter with Square putting games on there console.

Either way, looking forward to this collection next year whenever I get my PS4 :).

RK128

Let's not get crazy, now.

When do you expect it to come out then ;)?

CyberConnect are reportedly working on it (Naturo Ninja Storm developers, .Hack series) so they know how to make games fast and have them look amazing.

So, I expect it to come out sooner then latter.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Yes, this is like a completely new HD collection with the HD Remaster(Remake) of the 3DS Kingdom Hearts game (Dream Drop Distance), a short prologue to Kingdom Hearts 3 titled Kingdom Hearts 0.2 (Featuring Aqua from Birth By Sleep), and some cutscenes showing the backstory from the mobile game (Kingdom Hearts chi).

It contains :

1. HD Remaster of "Dream Drop Distance"
- a full-fledged story-essential game which was released in the 3DS. Direct sequel to KH2 that sets up the story of KH3. I'd easily put it up there as being important as the numbered titles.

2. Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover
- a HD cinematics movie of sorts that tells of a story in the early lores of the Kingdom Hearts universe.

3. Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep–A Fragmentary Passage
- a short game (one world's equivalent of a KH game) that practically serves as the Episode Duscae/GZ equivalent of KH3, which tells a small portion of Aqua's story after Birth by Sleep.
OK cool

Some of the snarky comments at announce I saw had me confused about if this had the other games or not.

Because they made a mistake by announcing it before the consoles went for sale. Same goes with FFXV.

You call it mistake some might call it a boon.

MGSV is not an RPG at all and look at the sales split in the U.K. where consoles sales are basically even. The difference will be the same in the U.S. and WW the XB1 version might as well not exist. These kinds of games are well established on PS and have a sizable dedicated fanbase. XB doesn't have large fanbase for these games as is continually being proved. Add that with PS4's significant sales lead and it's not surprising it's getting the most attention from SE and a few other Japanese developers.

FFXV and KH3 were announced for XB1 before they could see it's sales potential. More importantly the probable sales potential of their games on that system.

There's nothing wrong with PS4 getting most if not all of the attention what's wrong is pretending the port of these marquee titles doesn't exist. Of course it's not gonna sell great on Xbox if they don't facilitate an audience.

raven777

Nomura explains the numbers.

After Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX the 2.6 appears from the title Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance and then Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover/Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ represents "0" which is the first title in the Kingdom Hearts storyline. Lastly, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep represents "0.1" which is after Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ in the Kingdom Hearts storyline leading to Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A Fragmentary Passage-. Then from all three titles in the collection, you add 2.6 + 0 + 0.2 to get 2.8.

http://kh13.com/news/nomura-explains-the-meaning-of-28-in-kingdom-hearts-hd-28-final-chapter-prologue#ixzz3mIfPdzBh

so basically

Kingdom Hearts 0 = χ
Kingdom Hearts 0.1 = birth by sleep
Kingdom Hearts 0.2 = birth by sleep fragmentary passage
Kingdom Hearts 2.6 = Dream Drop Distance

Kingdom Hearts 3D (2.6) + Kingdom Hearts χ back cover (0) + Kingdom Hearts bbs fragmentary passage (0.2) = Kingdom Hearts 2.8

This naming confuses the shit out of me.

Treat the numbers as chronological points of the saga.

1.5 = the story of KH till what SE deems is the "1.5" point of the trilogy.
2.5 = the story of KH after 1.5 till where SE deems is the "2.5" point of the trilogy.
2.8 = the story of KH after 2.5 till where SE deems is the "2.8" point of the trilogy.

EDIT : beaten by the canon explanation. I still think mine is valid though.

Aru

Fall 2016. To be more specific, around September-October 2016 like the previous HD Collections.

Source? I haven't heard anything about a fall 2016 release. Just 2016. KH1.5 was a late summer release more than a fall one. And it was released in Japan in March, the same year (2013).
There was a two months delay between the japanese and western release of 2.5, which was indeed in fall (2014) in both cases.
So you're assuming Fall 2016 because?

It could totally be true, but I don't think it's confirmed yet.

Top Bottom