• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nomura: KH 0.2 developed alongside KH3 using same tech, will amount to 1 world in KH

Jigorath

Banned
When you even remotely implied the idea that KH3 could be late 2016, or somehow before FFXV a game we have a playable demo of... unless you honestly expected the game to be sometime this year or middle of 2016

You should go back and read my posts. You're putting a lot of words into my mouth.

This is one of those times where it's utterly bizarre as to why there is no XB1 version, it really seems like SE have forgotten they did announce KH3 for the console. Surely they would want to build up some fanbase? SE this year have gone full throttle Playstation 4 with a little Nintendo on the side and MS have been left trailing behind.

Nomura leaving the KH3 project means I don't care as much, looking forward to FF7 remake but I'm sure he will be thrown off that project in a few years time just caus.

orochi91

He didn't even discuss Xbox One. Kinda baffling since 3 is coming to XBO. Part of me wonders why they aren't cancelling it if they aren't going to support it.

The game isn't coming anytime soon, so it may still get cancelled.

I don't see the point though, porting it to the XB1 should be easy enough and its basically free money.

KH3 is still coming to XBO, right? Why isn't this being released on that as well then if it prefaces KH3?

Would they even get backlash if they suddenly cancelled the X1 version?

It's not like:

a) Most XB1 owners played all the others games and haven't gotten a chance still.

b) XB1 owners care about Japanese games.

c) Xbox market share worth the 10,000 minimum ship policy?

Falk

that puzzling face
Please (please!) don't quote me on this, but-

I'd totally expect some modicum of a rebalancing pass greater than what we've seen in KH1HD, KH2HD and BBSHD.

Historically, in the Kingdom Hearts series, you've had:

Remakes - going from one format to another, e.g. CoM -> Re:CoM, 2D -> 3D, etc
Remasters - Simply taking the same assets, sprucing them up, touching up for widescreen, etc.

From what we've seen of DDD HD, it's neither the former nor latter. It's using the same assets so it doesn't count as a remake in the Re:____ sense, and it's not just a remaster since many game systems need to be changed to accomodate the transition from 2 screens to 1, the least of which would be the UI. This is a far bigger change than e.g. rebalancing BBS's Mirage Arena because multiplayer is yanked.

Wait a second, there's a 0.2 now in addition to 2.8? What the hell is 0.2 then

2.8 is the name of the collection that 0.2 is part of.

Man I hope they announce the release date for 2.8 at the November event to be March or something or I fear it is still year out :(. Then again who fuckin knows how far 0.2 development is.

stryke

I really hope Aqua can don her armour again, would love to see it in Unreal 4

1442734035-aqua-armor.gif

drotahorror

Alright, don't think I'll bother with KH3. Way too many games to catch up on now.

1, 2, 1.5, 2.8, 0.2, ffs just use whole numbers or a subtitles.

How does saying "it’s going to take a little longer until we can play Kingdom Hearts III" classify as "2017". If the game releases late 2016, then I would consider a year long wait from now as "a little longer". Now I'm not saying that KH3 is going to release next year, I just don't see why anyone would be sure it's not coming until after FFXV.
Because they still cannot announce a release window for II.8. Nomura was asked to comment on a release date/window for II.8 as well, and he didn't reveal one. There is no way they will release II.8 so close to KH 3 in the same year.

KH II.8 = Fall 2016
KH 3 = Spring/Fall 2017

Walpurgis

Banned
Haha I laughed as well; it's like they don't even acknowledge the XB1 exists or that they're actually making an XB1 version of KH3.

I guess it was something that was decided before the generation actually came into fruition.

They probably thought the xbone would do as well as the 360. It's clear that they are regretting that now.

pislit

Is there a possibility that they release an all in KH collection with everything on it? Jesus Christ I'm really lost right now. (Only played KH1)

stryke

Is there a possibility that they release an all in KH collection with everything on it? Jesus Christ I'm really lost right now. (Only played KH1)

Why do you think it wasn't called 2.9? ;)

I think there's a small chance, but personally I don't care, I'll buy it anyway.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Information about what?

Unless they rush FFXV out the door next year (which they might), it could easily miss 2016.

you say that FFXV will miss 2016, but don't give the people the why that should happen. that's why she/he is asking for a source/more information.

So if they're making an Xbox One version for KHIII, why are they kinda isolating to only PlayStation for these collections that are serving to play catch up? Seems kinda weird. I don't know how much profitable an Xbox version even is at this point.

Sorry to sound like a port begger-- I'm just confused as to why an Xbox One version of 3 is even an option at this point when there's little commitment.

None of us know anything about SE's plans with the KH franchise. It's probably the most poorly handled 'Triple-A' series in history, with numerous baffling decisions that don't seem at all logical despite which angle we look at it from.

^this

Can some kind person list the games and what order they should be played/watched in using the 1.5 HD, 2.5 HD, and 2.8 Collections?

go by release dates

KH 1
KH reChain of Mamories
KH 2
KH 358days/2
KH Birth By Sleep
KH reCoded
KH Dream Drop Distance
KH χ or Chi
KH BBS 0.2

1, reCoM and days are in 1.5

2, BBS and reCoded are in 2.5

DDD, χ/chi and 0.2 are in 2.8

358days/2, reCoded and χ/chi are all movies while the are playable in the in ReMixs

Falk

that puzzling face
^this

Can some kind person list the games and what order they should be played/watched in using the 1.5 HD, 2.5 HD, and 2.8 Collections?

1.5, 2.5, 2.8 playing the games in each from left to right in the menu.

Anything else, while with its own merits, is purist but needlessly complex, especially when the collections are meant to cut out some of the complication inherent to the franchise's myriad releases.

edit
<half-page explanation>

Exactly what I mean lol

^this

Kingdom Hearts
Re:Chain of Memories
358/2 Days
Kingdom Hearts 2
Birth by Sleep
Re: Coded
Dream Drop Distance
X [chi]
0.2 A Fragmentary Passage

1.5, 2.5, 2.8 playing the games in each from left to right in the menu.

Anything else, while with its own merits, is purist but needlessly complex, especially when the collections are meant to cut out some of the complication inherent to the franchise's myriad releases.

While I disagree I do enjoy the thought of having to endure the Via Dolorosa that is Days movie before getting to play KH2FM.

FelipeMGM

Yeah, sounds cool but not paying $60 for this. Prob buying when they announce the date for KH3

How does saying "it’s going to take a little longer until we can play Kingdom Hearts III" classify as "2017". If the game releases late 2016, then I would consider a year long wait from now as "a little longer". Now I'm not saying that KH3 is going to release next year, I just don't see why anyone would be sure it's not coming until after FFXV.

I think People are saying its 2017 cuz there were some Square talk that it would be one KH game per year back when DDD droped, and since 2.8 is 2016, that would leave KH3 for 2017.

Order of play :
a. KH HD 1.5 Remix :
1. Kingdom Hearts 1 : Final Mix (very essential )
2. Kingdom Hearts : Chain of Memories (immediate sequel to KH1 : essential )
3. Kingdom Hearts : 358/2 Days (immediate sequel to CoM with different character kinda essential)

b. KH HD 2.5 Remix
4. Kingdom Hearts 2 ( immediate sequel to 358/2 Days & CoM) (very essential)
5. Kingdom Hearts : Birth by Sleep (prequel to KH1 that tells the origin story of the villain and how the story ties back to the main cast ) (very essential)
6. Kingdom Hearts : recoded ( immediate sequel to KH2 ) (not very essential )

c. KH HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
7. Kingdom Hearts : Dream Drop Distance (immediate sequel to KH2.) very essential
8. Kingdom Hearts X : Back Cover (FAR BACK prequel.) essential status unknown.
9. Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep (sequel to BbS) essential status unknown.

//ARCANUM

It's as if Square Enix actively attempts to dissuade new players (like me) from trying Kingdom Hearts with their rediculous naming conventions.

Jigorath

Banned
you say that FFXV will miss 2016, but don't give the people the why that should happen. that's why she/he is asking for a source/more information.

It's just a prediction.

I might simply be jaded after what happened with Persona 5.
I think People are saying its 2017 cuz there were some Square talk that it would be one KH game per year back when DDD droped and since 2.8 is 2016, that would leave KH3 for 2017.

Yeah a 2017 date is looking likely unless Nomura surprises us.

It's as if Square Enix actively attempts to dissuade new players (like me) from trying Kingdom Hearts with their rediculous naming conventions.

Kingdom Hearts and what a lot of people deem to be the ridiculous-naming-schemes are pretty much intertwined with the identity of the franchise.

I would describe it as a series that has a very chuuni-naming scheme, and I like it for that.

Falk

that puzzling face
When Kingdom Hearts X actually comes out (stardate 3259A.D.) you will regret your words and deeds.

edit: Hahahahaha KH will be the only franchise that has decimal places (2.5 vs 2.8) and lowercase vs uppercase (&#967; vs &#935;) as legit entries.

Would they even get backlash if they suddenly cancelled the X1 version?

It's not like:

a) Most XB1 owners played all the others games and haven't gotten a chance still.

b) XB1 owners care about Japanese games.

c) Xbox market share worth the 10,000 minimum ship policy?

Maybe if KH wasn't an IP which relied on Disney IPs beloved by the whole world, you would be able to frame it like any other JRPG on the platform, but it does. Hundreds of thousands if not millions, will buy Kingdom Hearts with no prior exposure purely on that virtue alone. Hell, I recall many in the E3 2013 threads saying that KH3 and FF15 on Xbone was enough to draw them away from Playstation.

I imagine Square are already doing it to a degree, though I don't think it's fair to judge Xbox JRPG sales on Type-0 - an average port of a handheld game, released with little fanfare, and a 72 metacritic.

SgtCobra

Maybe if KH wasn't an IP which relied on Disney IPs beloved by the whole world, you would be able to frame it like any other JRPG on the platform, but it does. Hundreds of thousands if not millions, will buy Kingdom Hearts with no prior exposure purely on that virtue alone. Hell, I recall many in the E3 2013 threads saying that KH3 and FF15 on Xbone was enough to draw them away from Playstation.
Let me get this straight, do you think KH3 would sell millions on the XB1? (And we're talking about people who have no prior exposure to the series)

Top Bottom