• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nomura: No Kingdom Hearts 3 by 2012

Kimosabae

Banned
I don't HATE handhleds. They simply don't fit my lifestyle - I don't have TIME for handhelds. Florida life is not conducive to the handheld.

Fine. You say you like mangoes. But you refuse to eat certain mangoes on the ground that their skin isn't the correct shade of yellow, never mind how they taste. That is what you're doing now.

So if I discriminate against particular types of mangos - It's erroneous to say I like mangos, generally?

Dirt proposition and a slippery slope, indeed.

Regulus Tera said:
Itt: console gamers refuse to accept their inferiority.

Superior Handheld Master Race united
PC + Handhelds + Wii = HD what?

BbS is by FAR the best entry in the franchise. It has the most rewarding combat system, a fairly easy-to-follow story despite having three characters, and a ton of awesome new abilities. It's also very challenge-friendly, what with Critical Mode giving you the "Zero XP" ability right off the bat, should you so choose to hate yourself.

Kimosabae said:
I don't HATE handhleds. They simply don't fit my lifestyle - I don't have TIME for handhelds. Florida life is not conducive to the handheld.
I play my portable systems at home all the time. Do you not have time for consoles as well?

LowParry

Londa...just stop. It was bad enough with FFXIV but this....wow. :lol

Anyway, KH to me is turning into dust in the wind. A franchise I really don't care about anymore. Good thing we have Versus. KH3 probably won't be out (if at all on consoles) till 2015 or so.

Making way for that KH:HD collection are we? Good move

KH:Re Chain came out after I got rid of my PS2, always wanted to play it

I look forward to the 1, 2, Re:chained HD collection. Smart move Nomura, don't forget to follow it up with a FFX, X-2, XII collection!

Regulus Tera said:
Itt: console gamers refuse to accept their inferiority.

Superior Handheld Master Race united
I have both handhelds. I bought BbS and 358/2 Days (Hell, I actually liked it when others hated it). I'll buy coded when it comes out.

I don't get why when people say they want a console KH, some of you get angry as if all of handheld gaming has been insulted.

Birth by Sleep is a great example of how handheld gaming isn't just for inferior/low budget games.

It would have been perfect if it had a Japanese Audio option...

Equus Bellator Apex

Pureauthor said:
That's pretty much the textbook definition of shallow, though. What you're describing are all the superficial visual enhancements.

You're assuming that I put those ahead of gameplay and I don't.

If you can't tell I'm trying to tread very lightly here.

All I am saying is that it comes down to a choice between whether or not you want portablity or better visual fidelity, better physics, better animation, better sound.

I can't argue for gameplay because if I did I would get banned.

So what it comes down to is personal preference.

Unfortunately/Fortunately the question of where KH3 will end up is out of our influence.

Prince of Space said:
:lol This is why Square fans are never happy; they keep doing this to themselves.
They say he laughed seven times in the interview and then sneezed. Final Fantasy VIII remake confirmed 2012.

Wazzim

Banned
Mauricio_Magus said:
Birth by Sleep is a great example of how handheld gaming isn't just for inferior/low budget games.

It would have been perfect if it had a Japanese Audio option...
I prefer no JPN audio option and 1 UMD.

GoldandBlue said:
They say he laughed seven times in the interview and then sneezed. Final Fantasy VIII remake confirmed 2012.
Dreamcast 2 exclusive. Believe.

I've waited too long on you Nomura. I no longer give a toss when and if VsXIII/KH3 ever come out.

The whole Mass Effect trilogy will have concluded in the time between two mainline KH games. Come on, mate.

Londa said:
I said the handhelds (PSP) are copied graphics from the PS2 games. KH2 looks almost the same just a little better and the battle system is more refined.
So you're saying that BbS is exactly the same leap KH2 had over KH1?

lol at the idea of any physics engine whatsoever in Kingdom Hearts. Would the giant green balls that explode out of enemies and restore your health roll realistically (and annoyingly) downhill?

Kagari said:
You can, it's called Final Fantasy Versus XIII-- KH without the Disney!
*sigh* I don't know...

*reads original post*

Of course, given that we could still be waiting for Final Fantasy Versus XIII in 2012, maybe he's not joking.

Seeing how long Versus XIII is taking, I don't think we'll be seeing KH3 in this gen. :(

Kimosabae

Banned
RocketDarkness said:
e to hate yourself.

I play my portable systems at home all the time. Do you not have time for consoles as well?

I have time for consoles, but I personally don't see the VALUE in a portable system if I'm not going to take advantage of its portable capability. If I'm at home, I'd much rather have the HD, comfy couch experience - call it superficial if you want, but I merely see it as a consonant experience.

Equus Bellator Apex

badcrumble said:
lol at the idea of any physics engine whatsoever in Kingdom Hearts. Would the giant green balls that explode out of enemies and restore your health roll realistically (and annoyingly) downhill?
strawman.jpg

Aeana

Kimosabae said:
I have time for consoles, but I personally don't see the VALUE in a portable system if I'm not going to take advantage of its portable capability. If I'm at home, I'd much rather have the HD, comfy couch experience - call it superficial if you want, but I merely see it as a consonant experience.
Wouldn't the value be in the games? If a game you want to play is on a handheld system, being able to play it seems pretty valuable to me.

If it's a console game, then I doubt it's releasing in 2012. He is still working on Versus XIII and we still don't know when that releases.

Kimosabae

Banned
Aeana said:
Wouldn't the value be in the games? If a game you want to play is on a handheld system, being able to play it seems pretty valuable to me.

I don't know what your life is like, but I personally don't have a lot of time to play games. I can easily dump the portable experience to make room if it doesn't fit conveniently. The proposed value in the portable experience isn't valuable to my subjective experience.

Londa

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
So you're saying that BbS is exactly the same leap KH2 had over KH1?

I'm saying BBS have the same graphics as KH1 - KH2. Yes, the graphics improved from KH1. But it isn't that big of a leap as some of you make it out to be.

KH1 < BBS < KH2

Aeana said:
Isn't that his entire point of wanting the games on consoles ? We're going full circle here.

Also, everybody knew KH3 wsn't coming out until after Vs so i don't see why people are surprised by this.

Skilletor

Londa said:
I'm saying BBS have the same graphics as KH1 - KH2. Yes, the graphics improved from KH1. But it isn't that big of a leap as some of you make it out to be.

KH1 < BBS < KH2

I think you're the only person going on about graphics. :lol

Also, what are you rating here? It's obvious you have no idea what BbS is about.

Aeana

Kimosabae said:
I don't know what your life is like, but I personally don't have a lot of time to play games. I can easily dump the portable experience to make room if it doesn't fit conveniently. The proposed value in the portable experience isn't valuable to my subjective experience.
What I'm saying is that I use whatever machine I have to in order to play whatever game it is I'm interested in playing. Yes, I have preferences, but they don't mean anything if the games aren't available for what my preference is.

THE Caffeinated said:
Isn't that his entire point of wanting the games on consoles ? We're going full circle here.
Wanting a game on consoles is totally fine. However, Birth by Sleep is not on consoles. You can only play it on PSP.

Londa said:

KH1 < BBS < KH2
I thought you were saying that BBS is, somehow, a retread of KH1's worlds and character art.

Equus Bellator Apex

THE Caffeinated said:

Also, everybody knew KH3 wsn't coming out until after Vs so i don't see why people are surprised by this.

I'm just baffled by how fucking stupid Square has been this whole gen.

Kimosabae

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
Does this mean I have to collect all of the nurses if I just need one?
:lol

Well, according to you; the more nurses the better, and I don't know if I can argue against that.

Kimosabae said:
:lol

Well, according to you; the more nurses the better, and I don't know if I can argue against that.
Well, if the first two nurses are really hot and the third one is hot but I am not sure I really like blue scrubs because I'm unused to them, then I don't...

what were we talking about again

Londa

Banned
Skilletor said:
I think you're the only person going on about graphics. :lol

Also, what are you rating here? It's obvious you have no idea what BbS is about.

The guy asked me about my take on the graphics.

badcrumble said:
I thought you were saying that BBS is, somehow, a retread of KH1's worlds and character art.

no I said it looks like a copy of KH1 and KH2 graphic wise. But BBS doesn't have all new characters they do have old characters add too.

Equus Bellator Apex

ShockingAlberto said:
Well, if the first two nurses are really hot and the third one is hot but I am not sure I really like blue scrubs because I'm unused to them, then I don't...

what were we talking about again
Orgies in Hospitals?

Hot nurses?

ShockingAlberto said:
Putting an emphasis on numbers seems stupid.

As long as it's not complete sidestory trash like 358/2 Days and more clearly mainstory/great gameplay experiences like Birth By Sleep, what does it matter if it's called Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts 3DS, or Sora and Riku's Wacky Adventures in Disney Worlds?

From a gameplay perspective, there hasn't been a KH game to match the scope of the ps2 KH games. All BBS is is a ps2 level game that has been butchered and hacked at to fit the psp limitations. I consider it just as useless as the other handheld games. Once you have played KH2 Final Mix, it is hard to settle for anything less.

Aeana

H_Prestige said:
From a gameplay perspective, there hasn't been a KH game to match the scope of the ps2 KH games. All BBS is is a ps2 level game that has been butchered and hacked at to fit the psp limitations. I consider it just as useless as the other handheld games. Once you have played KH2 Final Mix, it is hard to settle for anything less.
I personally find the combat in BbS to be miles ahead of KH1 or 2.

Skilletor

H_Prestige said:

I think BbS is far better than both KH1 and 2 in gameplay.

Top Bottom