• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nomura Says Final Fantasy VII Remake & Kingdom Hearts IIIs Releases Still A Ways Off

Ran rp

LMAO. I wanted to move the post to the next page but it wouldn't let me.

What if 7R is the base game and the rest of the story is completed through dlc expansions/episodes that follow soon after?

PSY・S;228180506 said:

What if 7R is the base game and the rest of the story is completed through dlc expansions/episodes that follow soon after?

If it was done through expansions I wouldn't be opposed to it. Most of GAF would have a meltdown probably.

liquidtmd

Banned
Announcing and showing the video they did at E3 2015 for FFVIIR only to end up release in fucking 2019??

THE most annoying trend in gaming bar none. Four years development sure but announcing it like that is bullshit.

SougoXIII

PSY・S;228180506 said:

I don't think they want to miss the chance to sell part 2/3 with the $60 retail price. Unless they want to price them episodes at $60 which is a harder sell.

Ran rp

If it was done through expansions I wouldn't be opposed to it. Most of GAF would have a meltdown probably.

I think most would be okay with it if the base game feels fleshed out and not gutted for easy money.

I don't think they want to miss the chance to sell part 2/3 with the $60 retail price. Unless they want to price them episodes at $60 which is a harder sell.

It depends. If there are long stretches between the releases and each of them feels like a complete experience they could probably get away with it. But if they're a few months apart, probably not. But at $60 they may as well be sequels.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Announcing and showing the video they did at E3 2015 for FFVIIR only to end up release in fucking 2019??

THE most annoying trend in gaming bar none. Four years development sure but announcing it like that is bullshit.

It probably wouldn't have happened if people didn't boo SE for the FF VII re-release troll and also pressure Sony into having a megaton announcement each conference. You guys can't do these things and then get mad because they need time to give you the games you want at the sizes you want. I'm just happy they are even attempting this Hitman-style release method with FF7 in the first place and they should take their time to give us a polished product. We could have gotten the re-release troll and nothing else.

Exactly what I mean. Thanks.
I want it to push the PS4 hardware to it's limits, and beyond them (PS4 Pro version).

The Switch is just not aiming to push boundaries in terms of graphical fidelity.

Gbraga

Well he's not an asshole to other game developers, so no.

There's a pretty high level of exaggeration in terms of how long of a "delay" this is for FFVII. Anyone who legitimately thought this was coming out in time for the anniversary year is insane. Best case, it'll get a demo or a brotherhood type of series. KH III is a disaster and will remain a disaster until it releases and the series subsequently receives a soft reboot.

Hopefully under Yasue alone, or even someone else entirely. I want to see Nomura creating something completely new. It's been a while.

JayEH

Hopefully under Yasue alone, or even someone else entirely. I want to see Nomura creating something completely new. It's been a while.

What if he made a FF title that was a bit more dark compared to the mainline series. he could take more risks when it came to gameplay and story telling since it's a spin off. It could be like part of the same "cinematic game universe" of another FF title. They could make a bunch of FF titles under this banner. Could be pretty cool.

Gbraga

What if he made a FF title that was a bit more dark compared to the mainline series. he could take more risks when it came to gameplay and story telling since it's a spin off. It could be like part of the same "cinematic game universe" of another FF title. They could make a bunch of FF titles under this banner. Could be pretty cool.

I'm really calling the police now.

Ran rp

I'm really calling the police now.

ynhSzlC.png

yunbuns

3VB4IMS.gif

Macrotus

I actually thought we would be getting KH3 or the first volume of FF7 remake by the end of this year...

When Nomura says "ways off", its really "wayyyyys" off.....
I think we're lucky if we see it released on current gen consoles.

Nya

This is dumb, the whole point of splitting VIIR up was so that it will release the parts faster, waiting 3-4 years for every episode defeats the whole purpose.

If we're getting the first part in 2019 they shouldn't have split it into episodes.

And you guys really believe that "full game" bullshit for each episode? >.>

saad1

Banned
This is dumb, the whole point of splitting VIIR up was so that it will release the parts faster, waiting 3-4 years for every episode defeats the whole purpose.

If we're getting the first part in 2019 they shouldn't have split it into episodes.

And you guys really believe that "full game" bullshit for each episode? >.>

Like honestly did u believe that nomoura will announce the release date of KH3 or FFVII in famitsu magazine?
Wait for e3 at least.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
is this game another remaster? other than kh 1 and 2 how many spinoffs were for there to be this many remasters

There are 9 games so far in the KH timeline. KH3 will be the tenth game.

2.8 only has 1 remaster, DDD. 0.2 BBS is new and Back Cover is a movie.

There are 9 games so far in the KH timeline. KH3 will be the tenth game.

2.8 only has 1 remaster, DDD. 0.2 BBS is new and Back Cover is a movie.
so out of the 9 games, there are 7 spinoffs. how many remasters have come out since the last spinoff originally launched?

so this 2.8 thing is a game and a movie similar to tekken hybrid?
Square-Enix: "Oops!"
this coming long after kingdom hearts 3 was announced for xbone. square enix has gotta do a better explanation than "oops".

like, wouldn't it be prudent to release the remasters on xbone if kingdom hearts 3 is is first game in the series on an xbox platform?

Inuhanyou

so out of the 9 games, there are 7 spinoffs. how many remasters have come out since the last spinoff originally launched?

so this 2.8 thing is a game and a movie similar to tekken hybrid?

1.5 has come out for PS3 which is the first two chronological games plus a movie. 2.5 has come out for PS3 which is the next two chronological games, plus a movie.

PS4 will be combining 1.5 and 2.5 into one disc in march. Yeah you can say its similar to Tekken hybrid.

Also, i think we can all safely say the developers and even the publisher SE dont care about Xbox. They only introduced KH3 to XB1 because they had no idea how it would do and wanted to make sure they had maximum brand penetration.

Now they don't care because of the XB1 userbase

1.5 has come out for PS3 which is the first two chronological games plus a movie. 2.5 has come out for PS3 which is the next two chronological games, plus a movie.

PS4 will be combining 1.5 and 2.5 into one disc in march. Yeah you can say its similar to Tekken hybrid.
so I guess the Ps4 version 2.8 will be the best bang for your buck, but according to this, there's gonna be another remaster coming out in march?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Kingdom_Hearts_media

Also, i think we can all safely say the developers and even the publisher SE dont care about Xbox. They only introduced KH3 to XB1 because they had no idea how it would do and wanted to make sure they had maximum brand penetration.

Now they don't care because of the XB1 userbase
so are you saying that if SE foresaw the turnout for xbone, they would've kept kingdom hearts 3 Ps4 exclusive too?

Man, I'm glad I'm not a Kingdom Hearts fan otherwise I'd lose my collective shit right now.
I'ma super huge fan even while not losing my shit. This news sours me greatly growing impatient in away Nd if this year doesn't bring a bundle of news I'm legit start wondering wtf is going on. I'm talking trailers with story cutscenes,some more worlds,Disney characters. If all we get is loose gameplay with no talking,or concept art for a world or something miniscule like that this year it'll be a problem

Inuhanyou

so I guess the Ps4 version 2.8 will be the best bang for your buck, but according to this, there's gonna be another rehttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Kingdom_Hearts_mediamaster coming out in march?

2.8 is not 1.5 or 2.5. It is the third and final compilation game before KH3.

1.5 = 2 games+movie, 2.5 = 2 games+movie, 2.8 = 2 games+movie.

The PS4 combination disc of 1.5 and 2.5 is called "1.5+2.5 Remix" and includes 4 games plus 2 movies, which is a steal.

so are you saying that if SE foresaw the turnout for xbone, they would've kept kingdom hearts 3 Ps4 exclusive too?

Pretty much yeah.

Top Bottom