• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nomura talks Kingdom Hearts III, 2.8 HD and more!

latest

via a recent Interview with Famitsu (translated by the fine folks at http://kh13.com/)

Check this thread for info on what KH2.8 and the previous Kingdom Hearts Collections contain: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1234012

Gonna quote some of the interesting bits for 0.2 and Back Cover down below. You can find the rest of it here: http://kh13.com/news/new-interview-...final-chapter-prologue-and-kingdom-hearts-iii

On Kingdom Hearts 0.2
  • Nomura discussed how they can easily alter the game thanks to Unreal Engine 4, especially in regards to lighting.
  • What’s in the E3 2016 show floor demo will be in the final version of the game. He wanted to give players something to explore, somewhere they’d have to get high up to get a feel for the area before proceeding. Nomura says Kingdom Hearts III will have a similar feel to it, where free-running to high places and figuring out the map will be necessary.
  • Nomura calls the Heartless Swarm a “Devil’s Wave,” and mentions that they’ve been present since the first Kingdom Hearts III trailer at E3 2013, and that they’re still not at full power.
  • Aqua will only gain strength through leveling up. There are no new Keyblades for her to obtain.
  • When discussing the length of Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep 0.2 -A Fragmentary Passage-, Nomura states that it will feature a lot of cutscenes.
  • The intended play order, according to Nomura, is Dream Drop Distance, then -A Fragmentary Passage-, then Kingdom Hearts III.
  • Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep 0.2 -A Fragmentary Passage- is not entirely scrapped content from Kingdom Hearts III. It was something Nomura felt the need to make, but he didn’t want to slow down the pace of storytelling in Kingdom Hearts III with a lot of backstory, so he cut it out and created a separate installment based upon it.
  • Kingdom Hearts III will have a short prelude before the game fully begins to make sure everyone is caught up with the story.

Kingdom Hearts X Back Cover
  • Famitsu asked if the Black Coat is the Foreteller’s Master. According to Nomura, it is. He is a “unique glue” between them, and apparently has nicknames for each of the Foretellers.
  • Nomura hints that the Kingdom Hearts: Unchained χ story will soon branch from the Kingdom Hearts χ story. Kingdom Hearts χ is complete, but Kingdom Hearts: Unchained χ can be considered a second part.
  • Nomura indicates that Kingdom Hearts III may hit Japan slightly earlier than the rest of the world, but it will be nearly simultaneous in when it releases.
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8: Final Chapter Prologue is in the final stages of production, with English recording currently being mastered and timed. He also told fans to please be patient and wait until this winter for new Kingdom Hearts III information to be released, and to focus on Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8: Final Chapter Prologue in the mean time.

Son Of D

Nomura indicates that Kingdom Hearts III may hit Japan slightly earlier than the rest of the world, but it will be nearly simultaneous in when it releases.

So I'm guessing something like beginning of the month for Japan and mid to later in the month for the rest of the world? Or just a weeks difference?

Nomura indicates that Kingdom Hearts III may hit Japan slightly earlier than the rest of the world, but it will be nearly simultaneous in when it releases.

I hope he means like "1 or 2 weeks" before. I'd be ok with that.

Weird that they're already talking about minuscule differences in release timing.

I wonder if it's closer than we think or if it's just Nomura shooting the shit.

Rncewind

Is there a other franchise then Kingdom Hearts that harm the series so much because auf so much spinoffs and sequels getting released on different plattforms?

I mean im a fan and played them, but i belive no "normal" person played all of these games in proper order in the last 15 years in proper order and in such a manner they remmebered everything from the prequels so they understand the sequels

Is there a other franchise then Kingdom Hearts that harm the series so much because auf so much spinoffs and sequels getting released on different plattforms?

I mean im a fan and played them, but i belive no "normal" person played all of these games in proper order in the last 15 years in proper order and in such a manner they remmebered everything from the prequels so they understand the sequels

I've had no problem playing each new title as it came out and understanding the story. Kingdom Hearts' story is not hard to grasp in the slightest if you actually play the games. Then again I have no idea what your definition of "normal" is.

I've had no problem playing each new title as it came out and understanding the story. Kingdom Hearts' story is not hard to grasp in the slightest if you actually play the games. Then again I have no idea what your definition of "normal" is.

KH's story is incredibly convoluted, but 99% of the details don't actually matter. I imagine KH3 is going to be made in such a way that it doesn't assume you need to have played anything in the last ten years to really get it.

For most people, everything they don't understand will be ignorable.

DKHF

Really looking forward to playing through 0.2 and DDD (especially with 60fps) in December.

About KH3's release timing, my guess has been September 2017 for a while now. Can't wait until next E3 when SE are probably promoting both KH3 and FFVIIR Part 1 (assuming that comes out in fall 2017) in full force with Nomura there doing interviews. Gonna be so good.

Rncewind

Well dont know lets say you play the games in order, which is fucking rarirty for people that dont post in neogaf for example, but they are massive gaps when you playing these games and not "when it comes out", dont know if everyone would follow

also its about not hard to grasp, its about packed with a lot of unnecesarry fluff/spinoffs, there a lot of branching story lines which are contuined in every game but lead in to nothing

Rncewind

KH's story is incredibly convoluted, but 99% of the details don't actually matter. I imagine KH3 is going to be made in such a way that it doesn't assume you need to have played anything in the last ten years to really get it.

For most people, everything they don't understand will be ignorable.

thats a good explanation i guess

Ray Down

Banned
Really looking forward to playing through 0.2 and DDD (especially with 60fps) in December.

About KH3's release timing, my guess has been September 2017 for a while now. Can't wait until next E3 when SE are probably promoting both KH3 and FFVIIR Part 1 (assuming that comes out in fall 2017) in full force with Nomura there doing interviews. Gonna be so good.

I really doubt SE would release 3 of there next biggest games in the same year(DQXI is coming in the spring seemingly in Japan, maybe Fall release in the west). One has to be early 2018.

Updated the OP to say it was KH13.com who did the translations of this recent interview. One of the folks over there let me know they weren't credited by Gematsu for that.

I wish they'd port 2.5 HD to PS4. I don't have a PS3 anymore, so I'm way out the loop for the KH lore.

It seems like the obvious next step. They also acknowledged the demand for 1.5/2.5 on PS4. I feel like they'll be ported over eventually probably with less fanfare than 2.8 since they're old collections by this point and that's fine. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1234012

DKHF

I really doubt SE would release 3 of there next biggest games in the same year(DQXI is coming in the spring seemingly in Japan, maybe Fall release in the west). One has to be early 2018.
I think they will simply because their western studios/franchises have all released a new major game in the past two years (with Deus Ex imminent) so Square will be relying on their big Japanese games mainly next year most likely. If they space it out, something like June/July DQXI Japanese release, September KH3 worldwide and then FFVII Part 1 November (their biggest game in terms of promotion/sales potential) that would be fine. Then a DQXI western release in Q1 2018 or something.

Meffer

Here's what I think the beginning of the prelude starts:
The camera pans on Yensid's study showing him rolling a blunt. He then walks to his desk taking a seat.
He takes a BIG hit on the blunt, blowing whatever the hell he put in it.
He looks at the viewer and says, "Let's start from the top."

Wait, I must've missed something. What's Final Chapter Prologue??

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 HD Remix Final Chapter Prologue is the latest HD collection coming exclusively on PS4 which includes:

• Kingdom Hearts HD: Dream Drop Distance, remaster of the mainline game released on 3DS which serves as a KH2 sequel, the PS4 edition includes exclusive content.
  • Kingdom Hearts X (chi) Back Cover, cinematic movie developed with Unreal Engine 4 graphics set in the events of Kingdom Hearts Unchained Chi, the game released for iOS/Android in NA last month.
  • Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep 0.2: A Fragmentary Passage, a new playable episode built entirely on Unreal Engine 4 set between the events of BBS and KH1.

Pejo

There is literally nothing about Kingdom Hearts that isn't confusing anymore. The story, the characters, the game titles, the collections, the order of events and games.

I still end up buying them all though.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
There is literally nothing about Kingdom Hearts that isn't confusing anymore. The story, the characters, the game titles, the collections, the order of events and games.

I still end up buying them all though.
Yep. It's all so staggered.

I remember back in 2004 and 2005, theorycrafting was super heavy going from KH1 -> KH2. Even then things became a little convoluted, but nothing that couldn't be handled.

Now, 10 years later, it's become a mess. The good thing is that most of it can be ignored. I honestly think I could play KH3 and enjoy it without going back and revisiting. But since I'm such a big fan, I'm going to replay the games I did play and then play the ones I haven't.

After Tabata is done with XV he is coming after those next.

gosoxtim

i always said kh 3 will be out in december of 2017 or earlest 2018 like march

RPGCrazied

Give me actual day of release and let me preorder this already. We can already preorder games coming out in Oct - Dec.

Top Bottom