• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

North American Nintendo Switch Lineup

Did we ever hear anything recent about the supposed Dark Souls Switch port/trilogy? Was it debunked, or is there still reasonable hope?
The rumor is that From Software has DS3 running on the switch at a level up to their quality standard and they are considering a port of the whole trilogy with all DLC. It seems From Software would like to go forward with the release, they just want to see switch take off first and have decent success.

watershed

Banned
CHeVq2Y.jpg
This fanmade graphic makes me feel better about the Switch's 1st year software line up. And there's more to be announced too.

Shahadan

People are right to say there is little offerings at launch but they forget that it's sadly probably enough.
If we consider the 2 millions units at launch worldwide, which is a rather small number, we can probably conclude they're still rather slow manufacturing the thing (especially with reports saying it's been in production for a while).

Zelda alone will take care of most of the inital batch since people will buy switch for it, and at best some people will buy a second game because of the novelty, but considering the total price that's basically it for the first month.
Mario Kart will probably take care of the new stock the following month. There is little room for third parties considering the audience and I expect the retail games launching in the first month to sell rather badly. Low effort ports are the right way to do it for them.
Maybe if something nice comes out in early april, we'll see.

Unless they managed to stockpile, playing all their cards at launch is probably a bad idea. I'm not even surprised Bethesda chose to launch skyrim later when the device will see the most of its sales.

Top Bottom