• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

North American Nintendo Switch Lineup

If Setsuna gets a physical release here my Launch line up will be Isaac, Bomberman, Zelda with "Spring" dropping Disgaea, Setsuna and Mario Kart and that is super solid I think

Marz

Zelda, two futuristic racers, Mario Kart, never played Isaac yet,Disgaea to waste my life on, and a new fucking bomberman game? Looks good to me.

I feel like I'm in the minority for thinking Switch has a fantastic lineup for year one. Zelda, Splatoon 2, ARMS, and Mario Odyssey could lead to Switch having one of the best first-party offerings I've ever seen in a new console. Provided all of those games are quality fun as they seem to be.

If Nintendo were to not announce any other games, Virtual Console or otherwise, I'd be happy with the content but disappointed in how spread out things are. It's up to them between now and launch and even beyond to prove that they'll have more filler in between. I think they've hinted as much, but time will tell.

I am thinking (hoping) they're holding back a little. Everything they showed is slated between now and Summer, except Mario and X2. I think at E3 they'll do a blowout for Fall and beyond. They need an insane lineup for Holiday 2017, even if it's at the expense of sending a bunch of their own titles up against each other.

I am happy, if slightly underwhelmed about the current slate of Switch games. I've never been the biggest Zelda fan, but BotW is probably the most I have ever been interested a 3D Zelda game. I am very excited for Bomberman, Arms and Splatoon 2. I'll get Mario Kart, but I played the shit out of 8 on Wii U and I am not exactly looking forward to unlocking everything all over again. I am interested in 1, 2 Switch!, but I really need to try it out first.

I'm surprised Capcom isn't porting Resident Evil 7 to Switch.

Maybe they couldnt run on Switch.

I'm not sure we'd want to see what this game would look or run like on the Switch.

Switch can run Unreal Engine 4 though, why wouldn't it handle RE7? Obviously not at the same levels as PS4 Pro, but it can handle the game.

Would be awesome to have this game on the go, more interested in that than VR TBH.

I feel like I'm in the minority for thinking Switch has a fantastic lineup for year one. Zelda, Splatoon 2, ARMS, and Mario Odyssey could lead to Switch having one of the best first-party offerings I've ever seen in a new console. Provided all of those games are quality fun as they seem to be.

If Nintendo were to not announce any other games, Virtual Console or otherwise, I'd be happy with the content but disappointed in how spread out things are. It's up to them between now and launch and even beyond to prove that they'll have more filler in between. I think they've hinted as much, but time will tell.

Like most people, I was pretty disappointed in the launch lineup. However, in Zelda, MK8, Splatoon and Mario Odyssey, there are four games I plan to buy in the first year.

I rarely buy more than that in a year anyway so that's more than fine. Now I just need that level of first party support in the coming years and it will end up being worth it.

I'm with you. It's a fine year one Nintendo lineup if everything currently announced can make it out in 2017 + a nice selection of Virtual Console games also come. This first party lineup is far better than Wii U's first year.

If Setsuna gets a physical release here my Launch line up will be Isaac, Bomberman, Zelda with "Spring" dropping Disgaea, Setsuna and Mario Kart and that is super solid I think

I made a thread about this yesterday... Gamestop has Isaac listed for 3/3 but was that officially confirmed?

I'm with you. It's a fine year one Nintendo lineup if everything currently announced can make it out in 2017 + a nice selection of Virtual Console games also come. This first party lineup is far better than Wii U's first year.

Most definitely! I'm not convinced that we'll see Xenoblade 2 this year, but the games I mentioned in my first post seem locked in. I'm also confident that we'll still see a port of Smash and/or Pokemon later this year. Eurogamer was pretty spot-on with their leaks and I just don't think ports like that should bleed into year two.

I agree with both of you.

Especially for someone like me who doesn't have unlimited time to play through multiple games like some people here seem to.

Dude you are getting Zelda day 1, what Wii U had day 1 again?

I agree it is not looking very good right now, but it's better than Wii U easily.
Didnt take long for me to Google.
Code:
Madden NFL 13	Sports	EA Tiburon	EA Sports		Unreleased		Unreleased		Canceled	✔	November 18, 2012	Yes	[348]
Wipeout 3	Action	Activision	Activision		Unreleased		Unreleased		Unreleased	✔	November 18, 2012	Yes	
Assassin's Creed III	Action-adventure, stealth	Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft Quebec	Ubisoft	✔	December 8, 2012	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 18, 2012	Yes	[54][55]
Batman: Arkham City – Armored Edition
Batman: Arkham City - Armoured EditionPAL	Action-adventure	Rocksteady Studios, WB Games Montréal	Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, Square EnixJP	✔	December 8, 2012	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 18, 2012	Yes	[75]
Ben 10: Omniverse	Beat 'em up, fighting	Vicious Cycle Software	D3 Publisher		Unreleased	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 18, 2012	Yes	[82]
Call of Duty: Black Ops II	First-person shooter	Treyarch	Activision, Square EnixJP	✔	December 20, 2012	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 18, 2012	No	[113]
Chasing Aurora	Multiplayer, action	Broken Rules	Broken Rules		Unreleased	eShop	November 30, 2012		Unreleased	eShop	November 18, 2012	Exclusive	[124]
Darksiders II	Action RPG, hack and slash	Vigil Games	THQ		Unreleased	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 18, 2012	Yes	[154]
Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
Epic Mickey 2: Futatsu no ChikaraJP	Platform	Junction Point Studios, Blitz Games Studios, Heavy Iron Studios	Disney Interactive Studios, Spike ChunsoftJP	✔	September 26, 2013	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	December 13, 2012	✔	November 18, 2012	Yes	[202]
ESPN Sports Connection	Sports	Ubisoft Barcelona, Longtail Studios	Ubisoft	✔	December 20, 2012	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 18, 2012	Yes	[204]
FIFA 13
FIFA 13: World Class SoccerJP
FIFA Soccer 13NA	Sports	EA Canada	Electronic Arts	✔	December 8, 2012	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 18, 2012	Yes	[222]
Funky Barn It's Farming	Simulation	Tantalus Media	505 Games		Unreleased	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 18, 2012	No	[237]
Game Party Champions	Party	Phosphor	Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment		Unreleased	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 18, 2012	Yes	[241]
Just Dance 4	Rhythm	Ubisoft (various teams)	Ubisoft		Unreleased	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 18, 2012	Yes	[300]
Little Inferno	Puzzle	Tomorrow Corporation	Tomorrow Corporation	eShop	April 2, 2015	eShop	November 30, 2012		Unreleased	eShop	November 18, 2012	Exclusive	[340]
Mass Effect 3: Special Edition	Action RPG, third-person shooter	BioWare, Straight Right	Electronic Arts	✔	December 8, 2012	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 18, 2012	No	[361]
Nano Assault Neo	Shoot 'em up	Shin'en Multimedia	Shin'en Multimedia, Arc System WorksJP	eShop	February 27, 2013	eShop	November 30, 2012		Unreleased	eShop	November 18, 2012	Exclusive	[406][407]
New Super Mario Bros. U	Platform	Nintendo EAD	Nintendo	✔	December 8, 2012	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 18, 2012	No	[413]
Nintendo Land	Party	Nintendo EAD	Nintendo	✔	December 8, 2012	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 18, 2012	Yes	
Rabbids Land	Party	Ubisoft Paris	Ubisoft	✔	June 6, 2013	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 18, 2012	Yes	[479]
Skylanders: Giants	RPG, action-adventure, platform	Vicarious Visions	Activision, Square EnixJP		Canceled	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 18, 2012	No	[529]
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed	Racing	Sumo Digital	Sega	✔	May 15, 2014	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 18, 2012	Yes	[543]
Tank! Tank! Tank!	Action	Namco Bandai Studios	Namco Bandai Games	✔	February 21, 2013	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 18, 2012	No	[609]
Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition	Fighting	Namco Bandai Studios	Namco Bandai Games	✔	December 8, 2012	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 18, 2012	Yes	[612][613]
Transformers: Prime – The Game	Beat 'em up	Now Production	Activision		Unreleased	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 18, 2012	Yes	[646]
Trine 2: Director's Cut	Platform, puzzle, action RPG	Frozenbyte	Frozenbyte, NintendoJP	eShop	January 22, 2014	eShop	November 30, 2012	eShop	January 31, 2013	eShop	November 18, 2012	Exclusive	[649]
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper	Hack and slash	Tecmo Koei	Tecmo Koei	✔	December 8, 2012	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 18, 2012	Yes	
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013	Fitness	Ubisoft	Ubisoft		Unreleased	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 18, 2012	Yes	
ZombiU	Survival horror	Ubisoft Montpellier	Ubisoft	✔	December 8, 2012	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 18, 2012	Yes	[702][703]
Mighty Switch Force!: Hyper Drive Edition	Platform, puzzle	WayForward Technologies	WayForward Technologies, IntergrowJP	eShop	September 10, 2014	eShop	December 6, 2012	eShop	June 6, 2013	eShop	November 18, 2012	Exclusive	[371][372]
NBA 2K13	Sports	Visual Concepts	2K Sports		Unreleased	✔	December 28, 2012	✔	December 27, 2012	✔	November 18, 2012	Yes	[408]
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge	Action-adventure, hack and slash	Team Ninja	Nintendo, Tecmo KoeiJP	✔	December 8, 2012	✔	January 11, 2013	✔	May 13, 2013	✔	November 18, 2012	Yes	[415]
Sing Party	Music	FreeStyleGames, Nintendo SPD	Nintendo		Unreleased	✔	January 18, 2013	✔	January 19, 2013	✔	November 18, 2012	Yes	[528]
Scribblenauts Unlimited	Puzzle, action	5th Cell	Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, NintendoEU		Unreleased	✔	December 6, 2013	✔	November 30, 2012	✔	November 18, 2012	Yes	[353][507]

So it looks like you must be a really big fan of Zelda to invalidate these games.

kunonabi

I agree it is not looking very good right now, but it's better than Wii U easily.

I'll take Nintendo Land, NSMBU, and Zombi U over a port of something I can get on an existing system every time.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Switch can run Unreal Engine 4 though, why wouldn't it handle RE7? Obviously not at the same levels as PS4 Pro, but it can handle the game.

Would be awesome to have this game on the go, more interested in that than VR TBH.

I guess the question isn't whether Capcom's engine can scale to the Switch (maybe it can since it's the successor to their MT Framework but who knows what they even have it running on so far), but the better question is whether they want the game they're using as their latest graphical showcase on it to be on Switch when it'd be the worse looking version.

There was a thread where people were making software announcement predictions and seemed pretty sure both Tekken 7 and RE7 would be announced for the Switch, but the latter was one of the games I questioned why people thought it was going happening when it's meant to be Capcom's latest technical achievement.

Gin

is that first page list as updated as it gets ??

I think that really puts into perspective why I shouldn't get a switch right now
(have a wii U - can get zelda on that)

Really regret getting Wii U day one - dont want this to be the same case
will wait and see what happens here

only thing im on the fence about is trading in wii u to make my switch cheaper..

Crazyorloco

So it looks like you must be a really big fan of Zelda to invalidate these games.

Systems that come out in November or December tend to have a lot of games at release day (holiday time). I actually prefer the switch's gaming lineup for first nine 9 months versus the Wii U first 9.

The only reason I was super underwhelmed by the game lineup this year was because we'd been spoiled by leaks that revealed things that never showed up. Still holding out hope Smash shows up this year, or the Mario x Rabbids crossover, or Retro's project is shown off at E3 or something. But the more I think about it, this isn't such a bad first year lineup.

Zelda will be keep me busy for awhile, then I may pick up Snipperclips, MK8D, definitely Bomberman, maybe Splatoon and Sonic Mania, and I'll definitely be on board for Mario Odyssey when that finally drops.

If this were year two and the release calendar had this many gaps, I would probably be a bit worried. But for now, even though 3rd party support is lacking in this list, the first party lineup is a hell of a lot better than the Wii U's was in its first year. The Wii U's first year was a garbage fire.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I hope the Switch version of Sonic Mania doesn't get released too far after the PS4/XBO/PC release...anxious to get my hands on that one.

rardk64

Almost all of those games might as well have not existed.

I hope the Switch version of Sonic Mania doesn't get released too far after the PS4/XBO/PC release...anxious to get my hands on that one.

Agreed on this. Cancelled my PS4 preorder of it for the Switch version.

oti

Banned

Nothing on that list comes even close to Nintendo's biggest and most expensive video game ever.

The best game on that list is NSMBU. NSMBU vs. the biggest and most expensive video game Nintendo has ever produced.

spliced

If Zelda lives up to the hype it will be one of the best modern launch lineups. It's actually poetic hilarity to see people complain about it when it's bringing the very thing(a system seller) that the Wii U got burned for not bringing.

The rest of the lineup should be better for 3rd party, 1st party is good if it maintains next year.

SURGEdude

If Zelda lives up to the hype it will be one of the best modern launch lineups. It's actually poetic hilarity to see people complain about it when it's bringing the very thing(a system seller) that the Wii U got burned for not bringing.

The rest of the lineup should be better for 3rd party, 1st party is good if it maintains next year.

To be fair not everybody is a Zelda fan. Even people who love Nintendo.

neoemonk

is that first page list as updated as it gets ??

I think that really puts into perspective why I shouldn't get a switch right now
(have a wii U - can get zelda on that)

Really regret getting Wii U day one - dont want this to be the same case
will wait and see what happens here

only thing im on the fence about is trading in wii u to make my switch cheaper..

The OP is banned so can't update. There is more coming out day one.

Blarg

Neo Member
My comments...

1. Other than Zelda the launch lineup is pretty bare, unless you're really looking forward to the cow milking game. I understand they're trying to stagger game releases but they should have gotten Mario Kart out on launch day to give people a solid multiplayer game to complement Zelda.

2. By the end of the year is obviously better. Zelda and Mario in one year is pretty big.

3. I really want to see one or two more bombshells at E3, like Smash and/or Metroid.

Nothing on that list comes even close to Nintendo's biggest and most expensive video game ever.

The best game on that list is NSMBU. NSMBU vs. the biggest and most expensive video game Nintendo has ever produced.

Not that I disagree with your point in general, but it's silly to assume a game that's the company's "biggest" and most expensive is automatically better.

th4tguy

I have too much other things to play so I'm good with just Zelda until Splatoon 2 comes out. Then I'll pick up Mario and xenoblade this holiday.

oti

Banned
Not that I disagree with your point in general, but it's silly to assume a game that's the company's "biggest" and most expensive is automatically better.

Not saying it's better, but it's THE game people have been waiting for for years. And it's a launch game. It could be a milestone release for Nintendo. How can you compare that with NSMU or a Ben 10 game lol. I get that volume is important, but to me this game trumps every Wii U launch game, easily.

I'm trying to debate if I get a Switch at launch and play Zelda on it or get Zelda for the WiiU and get a switch later when games I want are out or near release (Xeno2 and Mario Odyssey)...

What would you do in my shoes?

th4tguy

I'm trying to debate if I get a Switch at launch and play Zelda on it or get Zelda for the WiiU and get a switch later when games I want are out or near release (Xeno2 and Mario Odyssey)...

There wont be a price difference between now and then so you might as well spend it now, when it's not close to holiday season.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!

Well, a price drop is unlikely by then, so why not just get a Switch now and play the better version of Zelda?

Any word on the I Am Setsuna port? If its 1080p/60fps I will get it.

It is probably a safe assumption that Zelda will be a better experience on Switch.

QaaQer

I think the concern is not just that it's a bad launch lineup, it's that it is this bad even though they are developing for a single device. Also considering that they've barely been releasing anything for WiiU/3DS for some time now.

They are currently developing for 3DS, mobile, and Switch: 3 platforms.

if it's going to be your second console, sure I don't go through many games a year as it is. But the launch lineup is weak without 3rd party and less appealing if you aren't in love with Nintendo's first party software.

For me, 70% of why I'm not buying one at launch is due to price. Can't justify it as a secondary console, but yeah, generally speaking, I'm only going to end up buying 7 or 8 games for my Swich life-time probably.

I think bad launch is just bad in comparison to how other systems launch. Despite the ridiculous meme of "PS4 has no games" it was actually quite a lot to play from day one, and the software release did not falter. People on forums are just super critical and only count stuff like BB or UC4 releasing as, "now PS4 has games"...lol it's ridiculous.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!

If they actually deliver on the stuff they've said is 2017, this first year would be killer. Even more so if they flesh it out with new stuff in directs and at E3... which they might, given that it looks like stuff like FE Fates might actually be on the way for Switch, for example.

wildfire

Banned

Ha ha no.

Zelda is a system seller but that's it. All the other games you give a side eye look.

The Wii U had more and higher quality variety.

Assassin's Creed 3.
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Skylanders: Giants
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
ZombiU

The Wii U was in a vastly better shape even though Nintendo sort of dropped the ball with their own first party offerings.

The more I look at the launch window lineup, the happier I am with it.

We're getting the most-anticipated Zelda game since Twilight Princess and a revival of Bomberman on day one.

We're also getting an F-Zero-like racer (Fast RMX), a SimCity-like city simulation game (Construction HD), and a port of The Binding of Issac in March.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is coming in April.

Rime and Puyo Puyo Tetris in May.

Arms, Sonic Mania, Puyo Puyo Tetris, and Redout likely sometime in Q2.

Then Splatoon 2 sometime during summer.

It's sounding like a love letter to people who were gamers back in the NES/SNES era. I think it'll definitely please those people. Then we'll see N64-like games like Yooka-Laylee and Mario Odyssey at some point during the year as well. Skyrim will arrive in fall, too, which could be another game for Zelda fans or could attract people to Switch and then to Zelda. That's before I've dug into other stuff like Xenoblade 2 and Smash Bros. which may also make 2017.

They're not building a platform for hardcore players who like the big multiplatform games, but I'll be damned if they aren't building a platform for longtime gamers. Much better than dumping a bunch of multiplatform ports and party games at launch and calling it a day and then wondering why nothing sold at expectations.

dacalo

The lineup isn't super exciting but much better than Wii U. I remember hunting for one during launch and finally scoring one, only to find skim library for months. I couldn't take it and ended up selling it only after a few months and missed a good chunk of excellent games.

Mifune

Mehmber
Pretty thin launch slate but the lineup for the whole year is quite good. Especially if, like me, you never bought a Wii U.

The more I look at the launch window lineup, the happier I am with it.

We're getting the most-anticipated Zelda game since Twilight Princess and a revival of Bomberman on day one.

We're also getting an F-Zero-like racer (Fast RMX), a SimCity-like city simulation game (Construction HD), and a port of The Binding of Issac in March.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is coming in April.

Rime and Puyo Puyo Tetris in May.

Arms, Sonic Mania, Puyo Puyo Tetris, and Redout likely sometime in Q2.

Then Splatoon 2 sometime during summer.

It's sounding like a love letter to people who were gamers back in the NES/SNES era. I think it'll definitely please those people. Then we'll see N64-like games like Yooka-Laylee and Mario Odyssey at some point during the year as well. Skyrim will arrive in fall, too, which could be another game for Zelda fans or could attract people to Switch and then to Zelda. That's before I've dug into other stuff like Xenoblade 2 and Smash Bros. which may also make 2017.

They're not building a platform for hardcore players who like the big multiplatform games, but I'll be damned if they aren't building a platform for longtime gamers.

I have a Wii U. Zelda will be available on it and I don't have to go through a paywall to play my copies of Mario Kart and Smash.

Help me get excited about this launch because I have no reason to.

Top Bottom