• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

North American Nintendo Switch Lineup

Haunted

Probably one of the weakest launch lineups I've ever seen and a bad, bad indicator for things to come.

Zelda to the rescue or it'd be pretty much irredeemable.

Wait, the No More Heroes game is launch? That's better, but where are the titles everyone thought were a lock? Where's Capcom? Ubi? Namco (Xenoverse was a surprise, but Tekken 7 was what most were expecting).

Edit: Lol, definitely not the No More Heroes game.

Edit2: Wait, so Fifa and the NBA game aren't going to be there at launch? Does that mean it'll be getting the new versions at holiday? Odd

Clov

Maybe it's because I'm tired, or just worn out from the absurdity of tonight's presentation, but I'm finding the name "Snipperclips" absolutely hilarious for some reason.

I'll get Zelda for sure. Might pick up Disgaea 5 down the line. How was I Am Setsuna? I remember thinking that it looked pretty.

StereoVsn

It's a 50+ hour game I will enjoy for 10% of the price on my Wii U.
Incidentally, Nintendo needs to either can or indefinitely delay the Wii U version of that game in order to counter the damage from tonight's conference.

It's ok, nobody bought Wii U so they are safe (well, I bought it, you bought it and like 20 more people on GAF).

therearedozensofus.jpg.

Ryuuga

Banned
Zkp2sJO.gif

Gator86

From the official Switch site like the Japanese one earlier:
- 1, 2 Switch
- The Legend of Zelda: BotW
- Just Dance 2017
- Has Been Heroes
- Snipperclips
- Super Bomberman R
- Disgaea 5 Complete
- Puyo Puyo Tetris
- Rayman Legends
- Steep
- Skylanders: Imaginators
- I Am Setsuna

Mediocre. This isn't going to build up currency before the droughts start hitting. Good luck, Nintendo.

sappyday

Ps4's launch titles were shit as well but at the very least they had two first party titles that were pretty hype before release (Knack and Shadow Falls, Resogun as well but I won't count it). This literally only has has 1, 2 Switch cause Zelda is also a Wii U title.

Icolin

Banned
The general public is going to buy around the holidays and at that point Splatoon 2 and Mario will be out.

Yeah, I'm just referring to the launch lineup. Beyond that, I'm optimistic about Switch, with SMT, Xenoblade, that new Square Enix pixel art JRPG with the terrible name, etc.

HotHamBoy

It's a 50+ hour game I will enjoy for 10% of the price on my Wii U.
Incidentally, Nintendo needs to either can or indefinitely delay the Wii U version of that game in order to counter the damage from tonight's conference.

What a terrible show of faith for fans and Wii U owners, though.

Probably one of the weakest launch lineups I've ever seen and a bad, bad indicator for things to come.

Zelda to the rescue or it'd be pretty much irredeemable.

Seriously. If Zelda wasn't there, this would be a disaster. No wonder they pushed Zelda back to 2017.

I'm sure MK8 Deluxe is in April because Nintendo doesn't have other first party games to release in between launch and E3.

Also where the hell was the Smash 4 port?!

Neff

A day one brand new HD Zelda seals the deal, but...

Yeah. Nothing else I'm remotely interested in. Doesn't feel like they've quite grasped the change in market from the Wii days, and this is a straight up make or break window of opportunity.

Although, with a day one brand new HD Zelda, hopefully nobody will notice.

Pandy

The lineup is acceptable to really core gamers and Nintendo fans, including myself, but to the general public? Yikes.

The general public aren't buying this in big numbers until Holiday 2017 anyway, when there will be a broader library, apparently including FIFA, ready to go.

Zelda has never been a massive seller, not like Mario Kart or 2D Mario, this launch is very much aimed at the early-adopter market.

BTA

Zelda definitely. Maybe 1, 2 since I'll be with my family right after it comes out.

I really want Puyo Puyo but I was actually hoping it'd be a lil after launch.

That is...sparse. No mainstream sports games, no Overwatch, no Doom, no Minecraft, no MonHun, no mobile ports...pretty much nothing to make people think this isn't Wii U 2.

Call of Duty 3
Cars
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
Excite Truck
The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
GT Pro Series
Happy Feet
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Madden NFL 07
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Monster 4x4: World Circuit
Need for Speed: Carbon
Rampage: Total Destruction
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Red Steel
SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
Wii Sports (bundled with the Wii console)

I dunno, this is from the Wii launch and besides Zelda and Wii Sports, the rest of those titles weren't that great.

NFS Carbon, SMB, Marvel UA, Madden 07, DBZ, COD3, are probably all better than every game that isn't BOTW or Disagea in the Switch lineup.

pa22word

Wait, really? Even the N64 which only had Mario 64 and Pilot Wings 64 at launch?

That'd be comparable if Mario 64 was going to be feature complete on the SNES in a few months anyways. Switch is getting a timed exclusive who's only breakaway feature on the new hardware is that you can play it for 3 hours on the go. Yay?

That's... Bad. Really bad. 1 2 Switch should REALLY be bundled as it looks great fun, but not full price fun(though price not confirmed?) Bomberman is cool, but not something to launch with and Zelda looks amazing, but if not much different from.Wii U version, I'm not sure...

So excited for that presentation and felt like we're left with more questions than ever.

aparisi2274

From the official Switch site like the Japanese one earlier:
- 1, 2 Switch
- The Legend of Zelda: BotW
- Just Dance 2017
- Has Been Heroes
- Snipperclips
- Super Bomberman R
- Disgaea 5 Complete
- Puyo Puyo Tetris
- Rayman Legends
- Steep
- Skylanders: Imaginators
- I Am Setsuna

Where on the official site did you see this list? Most media outlets are reporting this as the launch line up

LAUNCH DAY
1-2-Switch
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Skylanders Imaginators
Just Dance 2017

Alastor3

You can't be serious, right? Almost every launch since the Wii has not even had a killer app. Yeah this isn't great but it has Zelda and that's far more than any launch has had in a very long time.

PS4 had jack shit to buy with launch. Resogun was basically the best game on it for months. Xbox One had Dead Rising 3 and Ryse. Hardly anything to get excited about.

This! ^

People forget so easily.

Brofield

I just realized they're not doing a pack-in game at launch. That's...definitely weird. They haven't done that in a while, have they?

For me, I'll be getting 12S and BotW for sure, Bomberman and Rayman are both likely yes, and:
- Has Been Heroes
- Snipperclips
- Disgaea 5 Complete
- Puyo Puyo Tetris
- Steep
- I Am Setsuna

are all strong maybes, depending on price. I have a feeling I'm gonna be spending roughly $600 at launch as is, and god knows it's gonna be tough saving that money to begin with.

mstevens

I'll get

- Zelda
- Super Bomberman R
- Disgaea 5 Complete
- Puyo Puyo Tetris
- 1-2-Switch

at launch. Really excited for Splatoon 2 and Mario.

yyr

This whole thing is sad to me.

Not just the sparse launch lineup, but the fact that *this* is the portable Disgaea 5 essentially confirms that it will never be on Vita.

Now, for everyone comparing this lineup to the sparse launch lineups on XB1 or PS4, let me ask you: what were those consoles up against? The answers consist of Wii U, each other, and their 8- and 7-year-old predecessors, respectively.

You can't simply compare the launch lineups and say "this is fine" because we have to compare THIS lineup with its competition as of RIGHT NOW.

This is not fine.

Zukkoyaki

Puyo Puyo is a fucking ace franchise and Bomberman looks like pure gameplay bliss. I don't have the funds or time to warrant another console but those and Zelda make for a sick launch line-up in my opinion. Though admittedly it could have used another BIG new exclusive.

kunonabi

1, 2 Switch - should have been a pack-in
The Legend of Zelda: BotW - port
Just Dance 2017 - port
Has Been Heroes
Snipperclips - looks amazing
Super Bomberman R
Disgaea 5 Complete - port
Puyo Puyo Tetris - port?
Rayman Legends - port
Steep - port
Skylanders: Imaginators - port
I Am Setsuna - port

...yup the Wii U had a better launch.

hatchx

Banned
That is...sparse. No mainstream sports games, no Overwatch, no Doom, no Minecraft, no MonHun, no mobile ports...pretty much nothing to make people think this isn't Wii U 2.

NFS Carbon, SMB, Marvel UA, Madden 07, DBZ, COD3, are probably all better than every game that isn't BOTW or Disagea in the Switch lineup.

Minecraft is coming.

Z_Y

You can't be serious, right? Almost every launch since the Wii has not even had a killer app. Yeah this isn't great but it has Zelda and that's far more than any launch has had in a very long time.

PS4 had jack shit to buy with launch. Resogun was basically the best game on it for months. Xbox One had Dead Rising 3 and Ryse. Hardly anything to get excited about.

PS4 and XB1 also had BF4, CoD: Ghosts, Madden 25, NBA 2k14, FIFA 14, AC: Black Flag and Lego Marvel off the top of my head. Also PS4 had Killzone and Knack. XB1 also had Killer Instinct and Forza 5. Those were pretty good launch titles.

18-Volt

So 300 bucks, no online features at launch, a terrible launch line up outside of Zelda and this thing is supposedly going to be sold out for months?

Yep. This is how things work for Nintendo. Goddamn 3DS is $200 right now and basically sold out even though Nintendo providing "some amount" of shipments.

Icolin

Banned
The general public aren't buying this in big numbers until Holiday 2017 anyway, when there will be a broader library, apparently including FIFA, ready to go.

Zelda has never been a massive seller, not like Mario Kart or 2D Mario, this launch is very much aimed at the early-adopter market.

Good point, but even the early-adopter market might not be too enthused about this lineup. We'll see though. I'm holding out hope that this'll still be a great console, but my faith is certainly wavering.

RibMan

Zelda and Arms look good, everything else is not for me. Surprisingly weak first-party software.

Without strong third-party support, they're going to be launching a new platform that already looks like it will have a software drought. I don't remember which insider/leaker it was that claimed the unification of their portable + console operations would result in significantly more first-year software. Clearly, there was little truth in their information.

HotHamBoy

Ps4's launch titles were shit as well but at the very least they had two first party titles that were pretty hype before release (Knack and Shadow Falls, Resogun as well but I won't count it). This literally only has has 1, 2 Switch cause Zelda is also a Wii U title.

Some people bought a PS4 at launch because of Resogun.

The PS4 was a generational leap in power, the Switch isn't. Long-term third party support for PS4 was guaranteed, for Switch it isn't.

Hell, BF4 was the game that had me buying a PS4 at launch (even if it did turn out broken at first). It was a way better experience on PS4 vs PS3. 32 or 64 player matches is a huge difference. The game looked and ran far better, too.

Top Bottom