• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now famous actors in early minor roles

Cranster

Banned
Dana Carvey in Halloween 2.

Dana+Carvey.jpg

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Edit: oops, missed that it was in the OP.

Elijah Wood was in Back to the Future 2. He was the kid who was like "You use your hands!?" when Marty was playing the light gun game.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Was just watching The Count of Monte Cristo the other day and saw a young, dapper Henry Cavill in there as the Count Mondego's son.

Paul Rudd had been in quite a bit at that point like Clueless and starred Overnight Delivery. But Bradley Cooper was literally like less than a week out of acting school if I'm not

My gf is watching Sex in the City and I saw Bradly Cooper in an episode for about 10 seconds as a random guy at a bar. I was like "hey! That's Bradley Cooper!" According to IMDb that was way back in 1999.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
My gf is watching Sex in the City and I saw Bradly Cooper in an episode for about 10 seconds as a random guy at a bar. I was like "hey! That's Bradley Cooper!" According to IMDb that was way back in 1999.

He probably got a role as an extra while he was a student at the Actors Studio Drama School in NYC, he's actually featured in at least one of the Inside the Actors Studio episodes, if not a few. But they have a documentary they filmed alongside the actual filming of Wet Hot American Summer and he talks about leaving immediately from school to the film and it's his first cinematic role. It's a really fun documentary.

tenacious%20d.jpg

Jack Black/Tenacious D in Biodome (1996). I don't think they were commonly known until the early 2000's.
Oh man this is a good one. I had no idea they were even in this movie. I haven't seen it in 20 years though, and like you said they were just random nobodies at the time so no one would remember.

Lkr

Bryan_Cranston_Seinfeld_The_Yada_Yada_MITMVC_3_.jpg

Bryan Cranston is a dentist in a few guest appearances on Seinfeld. In The Yada Yada, Jerry thinks he converted to Judaism "for the jokes." As a comedian, he finds this offensive

Markoman

Liam Neeson and Patrick Stewart in Excalibur

s320x240

excalibur_pdvd_475.jpg

Bonus: Every actor in Black Hawk Down (Bloom, Bana, Hartnett, Hardy, Mc Gregor....)

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Liam Neeson and Patrick Stewart in Excalibur

s320x240

excalibur_pdvd_475.jpg

You're forgetting someone pretty amazing to the right of Stewart my friend.

Ciarán Hinds

Also that makeup job on Neeson is weird as shit. It's like he's also posing for the cover of Glamour circa 1283.

Top Bottom