• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that Sony seems to be interested in PC gaming, what if Xbox gets Steam or Epic clients?

WARNING: this thread is not intended to start a console war, so please stay away if you can't stick to the topic, thank you!

Given that Xbox Series S/X are pretty much PCs, with the same hardware and software architecture and taking in mind it has enough power for sandboxing a W10 installation, is it too crazy (technologically wise) to think in Steam and EGS clients for it? Just imagine the posibilites... It would probably be a license nightmare I guess, but one can dream.

What do you think? Would it work? Could Sony block its own games somehow?
I love that you made this prophetic post 3 years ago and ppl reacted with laugh emojis. That is my least favorite thing about Gaf. This place is full of ppl who laugh at you for daring to think about a future that challenges the current reality that they cling to. It's not even like you were suggesting anything crazy. Microsoft's other gaming systems (PC) allow ALL stores along with the Xbox store but somehow that was too much for some to handle. Small minds fear and hate ppl who dare to imagine and dream. Kudos to you for nailing this one. It's probably going to happen next gen.

SGRU

I love that you made this prophetic post 3 years ago and ppl reacted with laugh emojis. That is my least favorite thing about Gaf. This place is full of ppl who laugh at you for daring to think about a future that challenges the current reality that they cling to. It's not even like you were suggesting anything crazy. Microsoft's other gaming systems (PC) allow ALL stores along with the Xbox store but somehow that was too much for some to handle. Small minds fear and hate ppl who dare to imagine and dream. Kudos to you for nailing this one. It's probably going to happen next gen.

Yeah, fanaticism is hard to beat sometimes.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
PC is not a MS gaming system and an Epic Games Store on Xbox Series means they will sell Xbox games like MS already do. Nothing to do with PC games.

PC is not a MS gaming system and an Epic Games Store on Xbox Series means they will sell Xbox games like MS already do. Nothing to do with PC games.

I have no idea what's going on. Is this about an Xbox branded pre built gaming PC like those Steam machines from back in the day? Who gives a shit.

mdkirby

Microsoft just seems to be going full circle, the leaks of their new disk driveless machine just looks like a desktop PC, they are adding other stores, how long until they add windows and manage to just reinvent budget PC's :messenger_tears_of_joy:

iHaunter

Not this shit again.

Not going to happen and if you're so interested in games that are on Steam and Epic what's stopping you from building or buying a PC?

I couldn't think of anything worse than having a low end PC gaming experience on a console.
Y'all acting like it's free.

Young Dolph Money GIF by Worldstar Hip Hop

Top Bottom