• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD December 2011 Sales Results [Up5: Star Wars: The Old Republic Sales]

Frankfurt

Banned
"Sales plummet"

In December, total industry sales dropped by 21% to $3.99 billion compared to last December's $5.07 billion. Hardware was down 28% and software dipped by 14%. This certainly didn't help the year-end total for 2011, which came to $17.02 billion, down 8% from 2010's $18.59 billion. For the full year, hardware and accessories were each down 11% and software declined six percent.

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/game-industry-sales-plummet-in-december-finish-down-8-in-2011/

Thoraxes

Oh wow, I wonder what the bundle numbers would ever look like then? Probably something pretty ridiculous across all platforms.

Also holy shit Mario Kart. I never should've doubted you.

@jimreilly Jim Reilly
Xbox 360 sold more than 1.7 million units in December.

That's down around 100K from last year, but considering Kinect had just launched then...

Time for new consoles!

I'm going to assume from this that Wii and PS3 numbers are dire.

Bigfoot

Interesting that 2 games that released in 2010 (Black Ops and Just Dance 2) sold more in 2011 than big games like Uncharted 3 and Zelda...

AniHawk

well zelda sure did poorly. yeah, a million+ isn't bad, but it wasn't making up the numbers in japan or europe. it'll probably match majora's mask numbers if it's lucky, and for some of the same reasons.

see5harp

Over 1.7 million? Damn.

EDIT: I understand the gloom here but it didn't have much aside from Gears 3 and it's how old now?

Geez, everybody must have done terrible then. We already know Wii was bad and Sony's Pr wasn't encouraging.

Now I might believe in next gen coming soon a little bit more. This is out of left field especially on Xbox.

Really weird. Recession worse than we think still?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Well, you know what? There's a tiny possibility 3DS has been the best console this December, since Nintendo understimating what they sold in December, as well as in other months, already happened.

Always if 360 did rightly 1.7 millions and not something like 1.8-1.85...

Top Bottom