• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results For April 2017 [Up: Sony and Microsoft now sharing digital numbers]

Ondore

Does anyone know off-hand when the last time was that Nintendo was #1 and #2 in hardware? Has to be around 2009-10 with DS/Wii, right?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Great second month for MLB 17.

MLB sales seem especially good this year. Guess Griffey + it's totally not ken griffey jr presents MLB went a decent ways for them this year.

Also I guess it sold better than they thought because the servers were a god damn dumpster fire for the first month.

NES Classic #2 system

Nintendo is run by idiots, they should have those things in every Walmart checkout aisle

"Nintendo is idiots", yet they came up with the idea of making the NES Classic in the first place and also do you know what their manufacturing business is like? Are you there to know the situation? Do you know if they were making good money off of this and decided the SNES Classic and Switch are priority for business?

QUEEEEEEEN!!

giphy.gif

A.J.

Banned
why does that matter to the other 30 millions ps4 users?

I'm just saying the Switch was harware people wanted and Zelda was the big and critically acclaimed game. The synergy was there for high a attach rate. The PS4 user base has large amounts of people with different tastes at this point in its life span, so of course not everyone is a fan of open world rpgs on PS4.

-Mario Kart is a beast (so much fun)
-Persona 5 is a beast (such a great game that deserves the sales)
-Nintendo in general is a beast (top selling hardware and software)
-Xbox BC is a beast (I also bought BO2 last month)

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Persona at number 2 is pretty awesome. Lots of nintendo and playstation exclusive games in the top 20.

aBarreras

to be fair. It being a PS4 exclusive doesn't mean much. People have different tastes.

Zelda was pretty much the only game to get, still is. Like most people buying a Switch will get the game.

and we are back to the "what else are switch user gonna buy?"

cool

Plum

Mario Kart and Persona 5 in the top two spots? You did good, America, you did good.

...though the amount of people who clearly became confused and bought Black Ops 2 instead of 3 for the new Zombies DLC is shocking.

sam12

Nes Classic might be selling well but the return on it is probably not much for Nintendo to continue producing it. It's main purpose was to bring in customers back to Nintendo, ultimately helping the Switch and it accomplished that.

Boke1879

"Nintendo is idiots", yet they came up with the idea of making the NES Classic in the first place and also do you know what their manufacturing business is like? Are you there to know the situation? Do you know if they were making good money off of this and decided the SNES Classic and Switch are priority for business?

Listen. It's ok to like Nintendo and give them credit where it's due.

But discontinuing NES Classic was stupid. It's a money printer. Hell when they first launched it a lot of scalpers got their hands on it.

I wouldn't be shocked if more scalpers got to it when they announced it would be ceasing production. This thing is like one of the perfect gifts to get someone.

Next time you can bet your ass I'll be there for SNES Classic day one.

lol

do you?

RootCause

-Mario Kart is a beast (so much fun)
-Persona 5 is a beast (such a great game that deserves the sales)
-Nintendo in general is a beast (top selling hardware and software)
-Xbox BC is a beast (I also bought BO2 last month)

No joke. I've been buying a bc game or two in every sale, and I don't even own an x1. This could be pretty good for making me get a scorpio in the near future.

Jawmuncher

RE7 already out of the top 20. It might be cutting it close to that 1.5 million they expect to get by next year. Halloween and Black Friday will probably be where it gets the most numbers to help with achieving that goal. But it seems like it'll have to go on sale at a reduced price, much like RE6 did to start moving more numbers.

You know that Mass Effect: Andromeda is in its 2nd month and that it's also the #5 best selling game of the year so far while Persona 5 is not even in the Top 10.

It's not that fair of a comparison because Mass Effect's been out longer and had a larger budget backed by one of the most prolific publishers in the industry but when it debuted lower than Persona and dropped like a rock the following month, then something fucked up.

No joke. I've been buying a bc game or two in every sale, and I don't even own an x1. This could be pretty good for making me get a scorpio in the near future.

It's what made me also re-buy Red Dead Redemption and Black Ops I. See what happens when you're pro-consumer, Microsoft?

It's strange black ops 2 is in the all platform chart yet can't be seen in the Xbox One only chart.
Mat is on a plane right now and I am off to sleep in 20 mins guys. Mat will most likely answer most questions in several hours and I will answer questions tomorrow - so bear with us

COD BO II is classified as Xbox 360 game irrespective that it can now be played on an XBO, that is why it did not chart on the top 10 XBO

Persona 5 isn't a Sony game. Atlus must not be willing to share digital figures at the moment.

What we do know is P5 was the best selling digital game last month on PSN, so it certainly held up on digital. If I remember right there was actually some shortage of physical copies soon after launch once WOM hit as well.

Listen. It's ok to like Nintendo and give them credit where it's due.

But discontinuing NES Classic was stupid. It's a money printer. Hell when they first launched it a lot of scalpers got their hands on it.

I wouldn't be shocked if more scalpers got to it when they announced it would be ceasing production. This thing is like one of the perfect gifts to get someone.

Next time you can bet your ass I'll be there for SNES Classic day one.

Reggie said it was meant to be limited. Nobody has unlimited resources to produce all kinds of products. You have to prioritize. Hopefully, in the future Nintendo can make them again for people who didn't get one.

lol

do you?

Reggie said they made another batch even though they weren't going to in the first place.

Loudninja

PSN top sellers for April
1 Persona 5
2 Grand Theft Auto V
3 UNCHARTED The Nathan Drake Collection
4 The Last Of Us Remastered
5 MLB The Show 17
6 Rocket League
7 Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition
8 Outlast 2
9 Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands
10 ARK: Survivor’s Pack
11 KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 +2.5 ReMIX
12 Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege
13 Horizon Zero Dawn
14 The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
15 Mass Effect: Andromeda
16 Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor – Game of the Year Edition
17 Dishonored Definitive Edition
18 Need for Speed
19 EA SPORTS FIFA 17
20 EA SPORTS UFC 2
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/05/05/playstation-store-aprils-top-downloads/

RootCause

RE7 already out of the top 20. It might be cutting it close to that 1.5 million they expect to get by next year. Halloween and Black Friday will probably be where it gets the most numbers to help with achieving that goal. But it seems like it'll have to go on sale at a reduced price, much like RE6 did to start moving more numbers.

I don't want to go back to RE6.
People, buy RE7 pls. :(

FelipeMGM

Its even crazier to think CoD Black Ops II entered top10 when you remember these charts are by revenue and no one bought this game anywhere close to full price (assume)

EDIT: Apparently not

Top Bottom