• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results For April 2017 [Up: Sony and Microsoft now sharing digital numbers]

Loudninja

For the new page

PSN top sellers for April
1 Persona 5
2 Grand Theft Auto V
3 UNCHARTED The Nathan Drake Collection
4 The Last Of Us Remastered
5 MLB The Show 17
6 Rocket League
7 Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition
8 Outlast 2
9 Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands
10 ARK: Survivor’s Pack
11 KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 +2.5 ReMIX
12 Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege
13 Horizon Zero Dawn
14 The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
15 Mass Effect: Andromeda
16 Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor – Game of the Year Edition
17 Dishonored Definitive Edition
18 Need for Speed
19 EA SPORTS FIFA 17
20 EA SPORTS UFC 2
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/05/05/playstation-store-aprils-top-downloads/

sam12

Shame about the Xbox game listings. Only one exclusive. Their audience has really dwindled to those appreciating only a few set genres.

mas8705

To think that had MK8D waited, we would have had a JRPG at the top. Still though, kudos to Persona 5 for a successful launch.

Listen. It's ok to like Nintendo and give them credit where it's due.

But discontinuing NES Classic was stupid. It's a money printer. Hell when they first launched it a lot of scalpers got their hands on it.

I wouldn't be shocked if more scalpers got to it when they announced it would be ceasing production. This thing is like one of the perfect gifts to get someone.

Next time you can bet your ass I'll be there for SNES Classic day one.

Doubt it was making that much to be honest. $60 msrp, retail is making a chunk of that, 3rd Parties get licensing fee's, manufacturing, packaging, shipping, etc...how much is really left per unit. My guess is that's why it was discontinued since it wasn't adding a lot to their bottom line.

Hero

Best top three of an NPD in years, in my opinion.

Great to see Horizon, Persona, and NieR do awesome.

Hilarious to see NES Classic at number two hardware in units sold.

CoD BLOPS 2 making number 10 is crazy.

Mory Dunz

Listen. It's ok to like Nintendo and give them credit where it's due.

But discontinuing NES Classic was stupid. It's a money printer. Hell when they first launched it a lot of scalpers got their hands on it.

I wouldn't be shocked if more scalpers got to it when they announced it would be ceasing production. This thing is like one of the perfect gifts to get someone.

Next time you can bet your ass I'll be there for SNES Classic day one.

i thought it didn't make much money off each unit or something

But I have no doubts people heard it was being ceased and went out and bought shitloads of them.

Exactly. If they were plentiful they wouldn't have sold nearly as many, especially in a month like April. Nobody would be talking about the NES classic at this point if they were everywhere.

Ashtar

Yep
If wasn't for FIFA and Madden Ubi would beat EA as the biggest 3rd party
No..... just no, Ubi soft got outperformed by wb last year, maybe if you take away FIFA madden and star wars then they would beat EA
Top 3 is crazy no way did I think persona would be 2 or that Zelda would be 3

aBarreras

No..... just no, Ubi soft got outperformed by wb last year, maybe if you take away FIFA madden and star wars then they would beat EA
Top 3 is crazy no way did I think persona would be 2 or that Zelda would be 3

i would be pissed if i were ubisoft then,

if a company like EA with so poor selection of games is beating Ubisoft that has tried to make games for every kind of gamer, then something is wrong with the industry

NolbertoS

Top three are without digital sales.

Return of the mack, baby.

Edit: NES Classic did #2 for hardware?? WHAT

For a nostalgia 30 year old console, surprising ir sold more than PS4 and Xbox One. I'm betting Nintendo brings back the NES Classic at a future date. Nintendo would own #1 and #2 for several months

Mat is on a plane right now and I am off to sleep in 20 mins guys. Mat will most likely answer most questions in several hours and I will answer questions tomorrow - so bear with us

COD BO II is classified as Xbox 360 game irrespective that it can now be played on an XBO, that is why it did not chart on the top 10 XBO

Thanks for the explanation! I wonder how many 360 backward compatible games would be in the Xbox One Top 10 if counted as Xbox One games.

That's panther.

That's Panther

Oh? Y'all mean basic sis with the brown hair who was a judge mental goodie too shoes who had stuff to say about the true queen on campus until she finally decided to break free and had to apologize to ...yes...the true queen?

giphy.gif

Yeah...Miss me 💅🏾
Of course I know that's panther...she just should of been named queen first rather than Makoto but I low key like her too so.... 😂😂

Dynomutt

Nintendo made GAF NPD fun again just like they did gaming with the Switch. A clone of a 34 year old console checking the young ones.

Oh? Y'all mean basic sis with the brown hair who was a judge mental goodie too shoes who had stuff to say about the true queen on campus until she finally decided to break free and had to apologize to ...yes...the true queen?

giphy.gif

Yeah...Miss me ����
Of course I know that's panther...she just should of been named queen first rather than Makoto but I low key like her too so.... ����
lol

It is an evergreen title that has an attach rate, just on physical alone, of 4/5
Good grief.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
MLB is probably closer to NHL saleswise than FIFA, NBA or Madden.

I mean it kind of has to be? The other sports games are either based on much more popular sports and/or on many more platforms. The numbers the shows puts up is kind of impressive given the context. It definitely flies under the radar more than other sports games for whatever reason

Kill3r7

Holy fuck at BO2

lol

Since the BC announcement it has consistently been one of the top 5 most popular X1 games. It is doing really well. At times it is even more popular than BLOPS3.

I mean it kind of has to be? The other sports games are either based on much more popular sports and/or on many more platforms. The numbers the shows puts up is kind of impressive given the context. It definitely flies under the radar more than other sports games for whatever reason

Baseball is a much bigger sport in the US than soccer or even basketball. I chuck it up to it being an exclusive and the sport not being popular amongst gamers.

Thanks for the explanation! I wonder how many 360 backward compatible games would be in the Xbox One Top 10 if counted as Xbox One games.

I cannot say. We cannot differentiate 360 and One buyer from the Xbox Store, so the platform classification of sale follows the platform classification of game

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
incredibly surreal seeing a SMT title in the top 3.

Franchise has a grown a shitload in the west.

samar11

I get what you're trying to say and I agree as it's still within the first two months of the consoles launch.

But Switch doesn't look to be slowing down in this first year. Nintendo clearly has a steady stream of first party content to keep people interested and it's looking like it's working. They are selling all they are making.

I think it would do a lot better then WiiU(that was a disaster) but reading things like 'nintendo back on top is' like what is that suppose to mean?
Anyway its funny considering its only being in the market for a couple of months.

Didn't WiiU have good few months on release?

Anyway I think I'll leave this thread before I get tortured by Nintendo fanboys lol.

Chris1

Since the BC announcement it has consistently been one of the top 5 most popular X1 games. It is doing really well. At times it is even more popular than BLOPS3.

I don't know what's better, it charting top 10 or it charting higher than infinite warfare.. LOL

Top Bottom